Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

I have never seen a group of actually talented players playing so incompetently and disjointedly as the past 12 months of you under Pardew. It's just impossible to reach the levels of incompetency of that charlatan. A monkey flinging poo at a tactics board wouldn't manage to reach the levels of actively making your players and team worse that Pardew achieved. I'm not exaggerating, you lot have seen it, have endured it. He wasn't just a dour manager with a complete lack of attacking nous; he also sucked at putting competent dour defensive teams on the field. That's why even s*** boring managers like Bruce would actually be an upgrade.

So I just can't grasp my mind around the concept that any manager won't be an upgrade over him. This Garde guy feels like Guardiola to me at the moment.

:aww:

if we get a good manager like this it's imperative he hits the ground running like, if for nothing else than to show the press and wider football world how s**** pardew actually was

combined with a palace relegation being the obvious preference

s*** would be unbearable for a while but as long as we don't sack the bloke we should be ok.

Like with Spurs when everytime they lose Redknapp gets brought up :lol:

Redknapp is their most successful manager in PL history tbf

Needs to have an asterisk next to his name for Gareth Bale* effect.

Fantastic team that overall.

Lennon (at his best) - Modric - Parker - Bale (before his best)

Van Der Vaart

Adebayor

Unfair to just attribute their success to Bale.

What are the feelings on Garde vs Tuchel. I can't say I know a great deal about either.

I was massively into Tuchel when I read a couple of articles about him a while ago. But in the circumstances turning your nose up at either would be mental.

This is where I am. I would love to have had De Boer or Tuchel, but I am still really excited at the prospect of Garde coming here too. I like the reputation he seems to have of developing young players and really this is exactly the sort of appointment we were all calling for when the Pardites kept saying "who will we get if he goes?" Young European manager with a growing reputation. Brilliant. 

I know nothing of this guy's style as a manager but I'm enticed by the link, purely because it represents something completely different. If we happen to appoint this guy, it will be one of the most surprising acts of the Ashley era.

"Cassette"  Perez

De Jong              (Or Cabella)

Grenier        Sissoko

Abeid

:lol: ;)

"Cassette"  Perez

De Jong              (Or Cabella)

Grenier        Sissoko

Abeid

:lol: ;)

Someone's getting carried away.

Someone's taking it too seriously.

Let's not argue. Pardew is gone and it's possible we might get a good manager. Think back 12 months and the remote possibility of this wasn't even there

:lol: It's all good. KaKa and I are hopeless avatar brothers, man.

Man, I might have to change my avatar if this goes through  :lol:

It's a hell of a turnaround. I thought all hope was gone after that jammy run of results he had. I felt so sick at the time.

Let's not argue. Pardew is gone and it's possible we might get a good manager. Think back 12 months and the remote possibility of this wasn't even there

:lol: It's all good. KaKa and I are hopeless avatar brothers, man.

Man, I might have to change my avatar if this goes through  :lol:

I won't.

Perhaps Sissoko is excited about Garde possibly being the new manager (head coach) Awesome to see everyone starting with a clean slate (Cabella, Anita just to name two)

Anita thread will be hilarious If we get Garde and he shines

Nah doesn't MYM still have to play a few more games before they can buy him? Can't we recall him?

We won't though, neither will he want to come. He's in Rome playing the CL. Even with Pardew gone why would he look backwards?