Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Just making sure they do it after Hull so fans cant cancel their ST direct debits. Support the team, fund the regime

Oh man ... that makes sense. So when is the renewal date then?

Basically pushing the rumours of a top man so people renew, and then lumbering us with some oaf right after.

Never even thought of it like that. Makes way too much sense.

Forever. Bad. Is. Everything.

Just making sure they do it after Hull so fans cant cancel their ST direct debits. Support the team, fund the regime

I cancelled mine after the deadline last season, they said I couldn't so I just cancelled my DD and that was the end if it. I still used my season ticket until the end of the season.

Ditto. The deadline thing is bollocks, just cancel the dd and that's the end of it.

Don't you get bored of this depressing persona KaKa?

It comes in waves ... I do try to stay positive.

It's Roger Kint's fault for starting with the cynical view in the first place. I never even would have had such a horrid thought myself.

I've pretty much accepted we aren't going to have an announcement about a new manager before the Hull game. We are quite clearly dragging it out purposely, and I see Charnley's interview as part of that strategy. Reading between the lines, we don't really want to give Carver the job full time, but we would prefer him to see it out until the end of the season then bring someone in. Charnley would probably be over the moon if we win against Hull.

According to Lee Ryder (probably true as The Ronniegill are back in bed with them!);

"Newcastle don’t have De Boer near the top of their list at this moment. In fact, he isn’t on the list."

Oh dear

According to Lee Ryder (probably true as The Ronniegill are back in bed with them!);

"Newcastle don’t have De Boer near the top of their list at this moment. In fact, he isn’t on the list".

Ryder knows fuck all and De Boer wouldn't come anyway.

"Newcastle don’t have De Boer near the top of their list at this moment. In fact, he isn’t on the list."

:lol: What the fuck's the point in writing it like that, what's the matter with "Frank De Boer isn't on Newcastle's managerial shortlist".  The guy fries my fucking brain.

He's deteriorated further than I ever imagined, lee. It's like he hits rock bottom and then continues to do so over and over.

Not sure how he has a job. The Chronicle must have a positive discrimination/special needs recruitment policy.

I'd love a well run club, but I think I'd settle for a bit of professionalism at this point. Average professionalism.

Set a timeline, draw up a shortlist, and appoint someone more or less qualified. Like a normal club. Doesn't have to be a Frank De Boer. Just find some with a decent track record and a bit of career ambition in a reasonable space of time. During that search, communicate to the fans directly, and not through the whispers and Tweets of some thick trainee reporter from a local paper.

My bar is that low. Why does everything - manager, transfers, shirt sponsor, results - have to be an embarrassing, amateurish shambles?

Minhosa here's a scenario ...

Pardew: I need a centre back

Carr: Okay, we've been scouting a few talented young players who still have room to grow. Anyone in mind?

Pardew: James Tomkins

Carr: Um ... not really feasible. West Ham will ask silly money and he doesn't really fit the criteria of the type of player the club prefers to bring in. Here's the guys we have been scouting. There's lots of options to choose from. Let's discuss these.

Pardew: (In a sulk) But I want Tomkins! I want prem experience.

Carr: I understand. But a lot of work has gone into scouting these players, and they are just as good. They also fit in with what the owner has said he'd prefer us to go for. We can find someone who works for everyone.

Pardew: (mumbling) I don't know these players. But whatever ... just get me a centre back.

Few weeks later ...

Carr: We've signed a young centre back who was really doing well in France and emerging for their national team, Yanga - Mbiwa.

Pardew: How tall is he?

Carr: What?!

Pardew: Nothing ... never mind.

Few months later ...

Carr: Why isn't Yanga-Mbiwa getting a game? What's the problem? He was beginning to come along during that short run he had starting ...

Pardew: He won't play. He's a freak and a weirdo.

:dog:

:lol:

Wasn't Charley quoted as saying we'll know more by the end of the week?

This period seems like such a waste.

Nah, he said that he hoped to have a better idea of what they're going to do by the end of the week.

Nah, he said that he hoped to have a better idea of what they're going to do by the end of the week.

More fool me for thinking he said something of some relevance.

Cheers for setting me straight Dave.

Yep, we'll know fuck all.

Pretty ridiculous that it's taken this long already. Amateur.

Couldn't agree more.

It's so difficult to avoid being a cynic in this situation and think the delay is so they can say they tried but failed to get the right man and will wait until the summer.