Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

The perfect time to hire someone will be this week, let Carver take the Southampton game, let whoever takes over watch and from the stands, then he will have two weeks with the squad to assess what he has, evaluate, and start to implement some sort of system, which can then be bedded in to the players during a relatively easy 3 game run.

I'm hoping that we are taking our time because Southampton isn't the ideal first game for a new manager to start with, plus there is no football for us the following week either. It gives a new coach a good couple of weeks to get to know his squad. Also we might still be interviewing other candidates, but I am pretty set on Garde now, so get it done sooner rather than later please.

Also this is a good piece.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-arsene-wengers-protege-would-be-perfect-man-rejuvenate-newcastle

It will make me sad if we dont get this c***.

Been desperate for us to try a diamond midfield with our team. Anita at the base, Colback and Sissoko either side, and Cabella at the apex.

Ideally, Ayoze and Siem De Jong then up front together.

Ah, don't tease me KaKa.

The diamond could be pretty dynamic. Grenier played many times on that left tip too as he was better "deeper" and could win the ball back better than Gourcuff.

It could be pretty dynamic with that formation for us.

Strikers (2 of): Cisse, Ayoze, De Jong.

ACM: Cabella, De Jong, Ayoze

LCM: Aarons, Colback, Abeid, Anita, Cabella, De Jong

RCM: Sissoko, Cabella, Abeid, Anita, De Jong

DCM: Abeid, Anita, Tiote, Colback

Imagine if we could somehow grab Sylvain Marveaux back as well at end of season?

The perfect time to hire someone will be this week, let Carver take the Southampton game, let whoever takes over watch and from the stands, then he will have two weeks with the squad to assess what he has, evaluate, and start to implement some sort of system, which can then be bedded in to the players during a relatively easy 3 game run.

I'm hoping that we are taking our time because Southampton isn't the ideal first game for a new manager to start with, plus there is no football for us the following week either. It gives a new coach a good couple of weeks to get to know his squad.

I've heard this line a lot but I believe you are all crediting the club with too much intelligence and forward planning. The reality is that the people making decisions for this football club are inept and it'll be mere chance if we stumble upon then correct appointment at the right time.

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker  1m1 minute ago

Brilliant tactics from Newcastle board to delay appointing their new manager so they don't have to buy any players in the transfer window.

:lol:

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker  1m1 minute ago

Brilliant tactics from Newcastle board to delay appointing their new manager so they don't have to buy any players in the transfer window.

:lol:

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2315435/84417513.gif

I'm hoping that we are taking our time because Southampton isn't the ideal first game for a new manager to start with, plus there is no football for us the following week either. It gives a new coach a good couple of weeks to get to know his squad.

I've heard this line a lot but I believe you are all crediting the club with too much intelligence and forward planning. The reality is that the people making decisions for this football club are inept and it'll be mere chance if we stumble upon then correct appointment at the right time.

Well even if it's by chance, I'll take Garde any day. On the other hand if we end up with Carver, I'm not going to put that down to chance.

@honigstein  39m39 minutes ago

Labbadia? Interesting. Pretty good coach, tactically, but has never quite managed to get his players on board long enough...

Looking like a choice between the German Pardew, or the Geordie Pardew