Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Garde.

More chance he will be in it for the long haul.

Same for me. Laudrup looks like he's too far up himself to commit to a club like Newcastle. I reckon he would come but if he did well he'd be away at the first opportunity.

My thinking with Laudrup is after a comment VI made I looked at his career and all his managerial contracts are very short term and he's quoted as saying he likes managing places he's not expected to win every week so the board might be thinking he would fit the bill until they sold the club 2016.

On the other side of the argument is the reasons he fell from grace so quickly with a normally strategically thinking chairman at Swansea who operates a similar business model to ourselves. Was it something to do with insisting on using a particular agent for player recruitment along with spending less and less time in Wales? When I was at the Swansea game their fans seem to intimate that there was truth in both. Neither would be a good fit at our club if true.

Indeed. Tiresome.

Someone said earlier that during a season, prior to this, the longest it ever took a club to appoint a replacement (confirm caretaker etc) was 15 days or so.

We're onto day 18.

Record breaking incompetence even if they end up appointing someone half decent.