NUFC finances

Paully

The short term £19m part did as was always stated in the accounts it would after relegation. They told the Fans thing the rest of the short term loan was still unpaid though so about £128m loan left

I don't know if it's because I've kept a close eye on it for years but it still amazes me people don't know the basic 3 or 4 numbers that have represented the clubs debt for the past 4 or 5 years now.

B79fX-ECUAAQMwj.png

The loan he made the club on purchase is repayable.

Not within any stated timeframe.

The short term £19m part did as was always stated in the accounts it would after relegation. They told the Fans thing the rest of the short term loan was still unpaid though so about £128m loan left

I don't know if it's because I've kept a close eye on it for years but it still amazes me people don't know the basic 3 or 4 numbers that have represented the clubs debt for the past 4 or 5 years now.

B79fX-ECUAAQMwj.png

The loan he made the club on purchase is repayable.

Not within any stated timeframe.

But to label it as not repayable is false regardless of timescales.

Would he need to give advance notice to take it  back?

I don't know.  I don't see why.  But if he doesn't take off some of the debt, then we'll soon be paying tax on massive profits, so some sort of change in plan will be needed to avoid giving money away.

I don't know.  I don't see why.  But if he doesn't take off some of the debt, then we'll soon be paying tax on massive profits, so some sort of change in plan will be needed to avoid giving money away.

Repayment of Ashley's debt wouldn't have any effect on the company's profit, or its tax bill.

Repayment of Ashley's debt wouldn't have any effect on the company's profit, or its tax bill.

This is where it gets too complicated for me.  Thought taking £19m from the sale of Cabaye and paying down £18m debt would leave £1m profit.

Either way, think we could take the title for best Premier League profits before tax this year...

B79m8fMCMAAow5t.png:large

This is where it gets too complicated for me.  Thought taking £19m from the sale of Cabaye and paying down £18m debt would leave £1m profit.

Either way, think we could take the title for best Premier League profits before tax this year...

I'm sure you are right and 2014 will have been very profitable.

I suppose one way to look at the debt thing is when he put money into the club it wasn't treated as income - an examination of the club's reported income will confirm that. So consequently when he takes it back again it isn't treated as a cost. Taxes are paid on profits (income less costs). Mind you the club has tens of  millions of tax losses accumulated from the "loss making years" and these can be used to offset any future profits, it will be a few years before NUFC has to pay over any tax on profits. 

I'm sure you are right and 2014 will have been very profitable.

I suppose one way to look at the debt thing is when he put money into the club it wasn't treated as income - an examination of the club's reported income will confirm that. So consequently when he takes it back again it isn't treated as a cost. Taxes are paid on profits (income less costs). Mind you the club has tens of  millions of tax losses accumulated from the "loss making years" and these can be used to offset any future profits, it will be a few years before NUFC has to pay over any tax on profits.

Cheers for the simple explanation.  Makes sense.

Guest antz1uk

B79fX-ECUAAQMwj.png

can't beat a bit of pacman

Guest Roger Kint

B79fX-ECUAAQMwj.png

Fucking hell so i got the two numbers mixed up as i was in a hurry :lol:

All the haggling over debt or no debt is unnecessary...all we need to know is that NUFC is a convenient cash cow for Ashley - nothing more, nothing less. If people are happy to buy into that, good luck to them.

Never entirely sure why our owner is "loaning" us money in any case. It's his f***ing club.

Has he loaned it personally, or has MASH Holdings Ltd? If the latter, then he'll pay less tax.

If MASH owned us, they wouldn't get any tax benefits. In fact, the only way Ashley himself comes out ahead is if NUFC paid interest on the loans and decreased our tax bill. Since we have losses on the books already, that's not needed. If the time comes and we started paying interest, MASH would have to pay the profit from the interest collected from NUFC. Either way, at present, there is no tax benefit for Ashley to 'loan' us the money since he's not collecting interest.

Guest Roger Kint

Announced after transfer deadline day? They are going to need a massive fuck off spreadsheet to fit all the numbers on.

It always is

Guest Roger Kint

It always is

It never used to be, I can remember getting them in January before.

Ah well if you remember one time......