Rangers - Lambeezy kicked off board

Guest Recoba

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32095637

Stuart McCall: Rangers should not have signed Gael Bigirimana

Rangers manager Stuart McCall said he sympathises with Newcastle loanee Gael Bigirimana, but believes he should never have been signed by the club.

Midfielder Bigirimana has yet to feature since signing in January after being diagnosed with a mystery illness.

He was brought in by former chief executive Derek Llambias without being given a medical.

"It's an unfortunate circumstance that really should never have happened," said McCall.

The Burundi-born England youth cap signed alongside four other Newcastle players before the end of the transfer window, but so far only Haris Vuckic has been a regular in the team.

Remie Streete was injured on his debut, Northern Ireland winger Shane Ferguson has been ruled out for the rest of the season and Swiss defender Kevin Mbabu has only featured for Rangers' youth side.

"Bigi has got a medical condition which is a personal matter," said McCall. "The doctor and consultant are all involved in that.

"I knew him at Coventry. I remember watching him and thought when I came into the job he will be a good one to bring in and give us a bit of energy.

"Unfortunately because of his medical condition he won't be able to play for us. But that is as big a blow to the kid as it is for us. It's not his fault, this has been nothing to do with him.

"He comes in with a smile on his face each morning, he trains with the fitness coach as hard as he possibly can.

"So as disappointed as we are that we can't use him, you have to think of the boy in this matter because he can't go back, he can't play for anyone else."

Bigirimana, 21, has made 28 appearances for Newcastle since arriving from Coventry City in the summer of 2012 for £1m.

But he has not played for the Magpies' first team since August 2013.

McCall added: "Should these guys ever have been sent here? Well, with Bigi being unable to play that's a no-brainer. With Shane, he was on his way back but had a little setback.

"But I think if you look at it in all honesty, anybody who comes up for a six-month loan should have a medical - obviously that is not the case.

"If that had occurred, two or three of the loans may not have happened.

"But, none of the players are at fault here. Shane has not been up but the rest come in and train as hard as they can. They are doing their utmost to be involved."

Stinks of the Gutierrez affair.

Club is so shit they can't even manage to send players out on loan without it turning in to a PR gaff. Feel sorry for Bigi, looked like he'd made and then seems to have all the inflicted bad luck in the world upon him.

It's almost as if Ashley has arranged to lend injured players from one club to another whilst saving cash in an attempt to worsen an already precarious financial position for rangers to hurry up the process of them defaulting on their new loan to him so he can take further advantage.

Almost...

Surely there is some sort of offence being committed here? Even if no crime has been committed, there has to be some sort of commercial law breach, or tort law violation?

That said, you'd think between Rangers-supporting lawyers who'd want to fuck Ashley over and Celtic-fan lawyers who'd want to fuck Rangers over someone would have thought of that...

I thought that I would go back once Pardew left and than I decided not to bother when they appointed Carver, I'll probably never go back until Ashley has gone, if at all.

I really don't like anything about the club anymore and every negative story means I like the club even less.

Bigirimana looked excellent when he broke into the first team and he was unjustly dropped, we've basically chewed him up and spat him out.

It's an absolute scandal what they've been doing at Rangers.

It's an absolute scandal what they've been doing at Newcastle.

But, we welcome them with open arms and even allow them to attend games with not a word muttered.

No, no, perfectly OK to leverage your stooge onto the board of another company of which you're a minority shareholder, and then arrange deals that are heavily structured against that company in order to push them closer to requiring your financial backing and tighten your grip on said company.

Everyone does it man, just business, can't see the problem.

/TCD

It's an absolute scandal what they've been doing at Newcastle.

But, we welcome them with open arms and even allow them to attend games with not a word muttered.

SUPORT DA TEEM NOT DA REGEEYM PAL!

:lol: :thup:

We are probably still paying their wages and Rangers I'm sure didn't pay a loan fee, so it's basically 100k per player IF they get promoted. If they don't get promoted which is highly likely, then they pay nowt, for 5 players of a higher quality than most of your squad for 6 months.

The fact that are all bar Vuckic injured is unfortunate but I have little sympathy for Rangers tbh.

From a Rangers forum (someone with common sense for a change):

1. If someone had said in Jan when promotion was looking like a distant dream that we could get 5 loan players in with no upfront loan fee's but the cost would be £500k and that would only be payable if we achieved promotion, then I can guarantee that most of us would have been happy to take the gamble and at that point it would have been madness to even consider saying no with the increased revenue that promotion will bring being way in excess of the £500k. Just keep the deal in that context and I'm sure we would all have been very happy and seen it as a good bit of business.

2. The second issue is where we have the real problem and that's the suitability and availability of the five players themselves but even then its not something we can fully appraise until the end of the season. Three of the loans will probably never kick a ball, one may come back from injury but who knows but what if that last player is the difference between promotion and another year in this league! Is it a price worth paying if one of those loans actually makes the difference and gets a hat-trick against Hibs in the play-off and scores a last minute wonder goal against Motherwell to send us up!

I don't really like Rangers but the way Ashley has fucked them over is a disgrace tbh. He's taken advantage of every single situation possible purely for his own good. The only good coming out of the shambles is that even more people know exactly what Ashley is capable of and his selfish motives for every decision he makes. Don't have a good enough vocabulary to even begin to describe the bloke, "cretinous scum" doesn't even get close.