Newcastle 1-1 Stoke 8/2/15 - FT post-match reaction from p30

Mike

Guest antz1uk

It's pretty f***ing embarrassing when Stoke, who had Walters (physically better than our centre halves), actually played it short from goal kicks on a number of occasions. We had Ayoze Perez up top for the majority of the game and I don't think we attempted it once  :lol:

i've often wondered, why the hell do goalkeepers take such horrendous kicks when it would be much better use of the ball to just kick it short and let the outfiled players get it up the pitch, this is not just something i've recently been thinking due to Krul's shit kicking, it's just such an odd thing when 50% of the time ball ends up back with the opposition straight after a goal kick

It's pretty f***ing embarrassing when Stoke, who had Walters (physically better than our centre halves), actually played it short from goal kicks on a number of occasions. We had Ayoze Perez up top for the majority of the game and I don't think we attempted it once  :lol:

i've often wondered, why the hell do goalkeepers take such horrendous kicks when it would be much better use of the ball to just kick it short and let the outfiled players get it up the pitch, this is not just something i've recently been thinking due to Krul's shit kicking, it's just such an odd thing when 50% of the time ball ends up back with the opposition straight after a goal kick

I've brought up on here before, goal kicks and hoofs up the pitch are largely ineffective from what I see. I'd rather we kept possession and worked it out from the back. The only time I see a long range hoof effort useful is if you have someone good enough to win the ball up front in the air. Other than that it's only useful if your desperately chasing a game and have little time left, so hit and hope is all you got left.

You don't seem to have the players capable of taking the sting out of a match. I was watching the game when you were already ahead and thinking, "this is too end-to-end, they need to sub some calming presence in midfield", but I couldn't see that in your bench. Anita going was a mistake on that regard, imho.

You don't seem to have the players capable of taking the sting out of a match. I was watching the game when you were already ahead and thinking, "this is too end-to-end, they need to sub some calming presence in midfield", but I couldn't see that in your bench. Anita going was a mistake on that regard, imho.

Our players are either monumentally thick or monumentally shit, this is not a good combo to help see out games.

Guest John Carvery

Is that when compared to watching Barcelona, bit of a pointless comparison really.