Newcastle Utd vs Aston Villa - 28/02/15

Beren

1 win in 8 under this buffoon and a meaningless game against relegation strugglers is sold out. That's why there's no ambition in the boardroom.

After we got promoted, the attendance for the first home game against this lot was 43,546, and yet we know a substantial minority of those have chucked it in since. Absolutely baffling. Who the fuck is filling these seats?

its the previously  un-tapped size of the fan base tbh. for every fan I know who goes to games I know at least twice as many and more who are very interested but don't go.

But why are they choosing to start going now? Just because it's cheap?

possibly? or more availability? not sure- but there is tens of thousands of fans in the area. and even as I suspect the number of them willing to go to games has shrunk massively due to the lack of ambition, still plenty to fill the stadium. ( Ashleys gamble I guess)

edit- to clarify for Mackems 85000 screaming Geordies on the waiting list

1 win in 8 under this buffoon and a meaningless game against relegation strugglers is sold out. That's why there's no ambition in the boardroom.

After we got promoted, the attendance for the first home game against this lot was 43,546, and yet we know a substantial minority of those have chucked it in since. Absolutely baffling. Who the fuck is filling these seats?

its the previously  un-tapped size of the fan base tbh. for every fan I know who goes to games I know at least twice as many and more who are very interested but don't go.

But why are they choosing to start going now? Just because it's cheap?

Is it any actually any cheaper than it was then?

Club lured a lot of people (myself included) with the half price (or whatever it was) ST offer for current ST holders like but nowhere near enough to plug that gap and those who've left.

Going to the match it's not as though the age demographic has changed either (around me in the Gallowgate anyway)

After we got promoted, the attendance for the first home game against this lot was 43,546, and yet we know a substantial minority of those have chucked it in since. Absolutely baffling. Who the f*** is filling these seats?

Stag parties from Scotland and Ireland.

Town is full of them.

Stag Doo's arent taking up 7k seats man  :lol:

Help!

Me and my girlfriend are in London and are traveling to and back from Newcastle to watch the game tomorrow. Is there a magical way of getting reasonably priced train tickets? We're looking at £250 atm which sounds ridiculous!?

Exensive as fuck it seems. Oh well, train tickets booked. Hope i in some way enjoy the match. :yao:

Rip wallet

Just make sure you have enough time!

Train: No trains between Retford and Peterborough on Saturday 28 February and until 12:30 Sunday 1 March.

Engineering work is taking place between Retford and Peterborough closing the line. No trains will run between Retford and Peterborough, with most diverted between Doncaster and Peterborough via Lincoln Central.

Journey times will be extended by up to 90 minutes and East Coast will run a hourly service to / from London Kings Cross.

ahhhhh can't wait to climb the stairs tomorrow.

:yao:

I borrowed a friends season ticket for the QPR mathc when he couldn't go. It's been years since I have been in level 7. The climb just isn't worth it in my opinion. Lower to mid tier of the Gallowgate is for me.

I hope you're being sarcastic with not being able to climb the stairs to level 7, Stifler. If not, as well as being an absolute moron you're also in horrific shape. Sort yourself out.

I can climb them, gets a bit tough towards the end and I prefer not too, there is better seating elsewhere around the stadium.

I have a heart problem by the way.

I hope you're being sarcastic with not being able to climb the stairs to level 7, Stifler. If not, as well as being an absolute moron you're also in horrific shape. Sort yourself out.

I can climb them, gets a bit tough towards the end and I prefer not too, there is better seating elsewhere around the stadium.

Get the lift. Don't seem to be any restrictions these days unlike when it 1st opened and you needed a doctors note and lift pass.

Get the lift. Don't seem to be any restrictions these days unlike when it 1st opened and you needed a doctors note and lift pass.

If I get level 7 tickets I'll climb the stairs but I just prefer to sit elsewhere, the Gallowgate is my favourite.

Sherwood claiming our fans 'high ambition' could work against us and in Villa's favour today? What ambition? We couldn't even kick up a fuss when we got beat again by the mackems in December. One of the easiest places play at these days.

Sherwood claiming our fans 'high ambition' could work against us and in Villa's favour today? What ambition? We couldn't even kick up a fuss when we got beat again by the mackems in December. One of the easiest places play at these days.

It was a home match . But get the sentiment