NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

None of the ‘related party’ shite either.  Whatever comes in the PL won’t be able to overrule. 

Hence why I literally can’t wait :lol:

instead of being annoyed by supporters crying about us, I’d rather it be some entertainment. 

5 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Sept 1st seems like an incredibly early announcement of a new deal. Usually current sponsors/manufacturers deals have to run out (or be very close to ending) before a new one is announced. 

I have a strange feeling we'll also be getting a new crest to go with the deal. 

The new fan engagement charter said they couldn’t change the crest without consultation with the fanbase/fan advisory board.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

None of the ‘related party’ shite either.  Whatever comes in the PL won’t be able to overrule. 

Every commercial deal over £1m has to be approved by the Premier League, regardless of it being being owner related or not, that’s how Chelsea’s shirt sponsorship was rejected.

33 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Every commercial deal over £1m has to be approved by the Premier League, regardless of it being being owner related or not, that’s how Chelsea’s shirt sponsorship was rejected.

That was rejected as Paramount a broadcaster were too similar to SKY who are the leagues UK & Ireland broadcast partner. They would have no grounds to reject Adidas.

7 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Sept 1st seems like an incredibly early announcement of a new deal. Usually current sponsors/manufacturers deals have to run out (or be very close to ending) before a new one is announced. 

I have a strange feeling we'll also be getting a new crest to go with the deal. 

Union Berlin’s deal with adidas was announced over a year in advance. In any case, fuck Castore. 

13 hours ago, Shak said:

First keeper jersey I ever got.

Went to get 'HISLOP' printed on the back. Fucking place was out of the letter P.

Older brother suggested getting his first name on there instead.

And here we are :lol:

Missing an a as well were they?

14 hours ago, Shak said:

Went to get 'HISLOP' printed on the back. Fucking place was out of the letter P.

You got your brother's first name on it? Weird choice.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just realised with adidas come the potential for long sleeved shirts.

Aye, Arsenal do a long sleeved version, but it’s £5 more.

Not sure if it’s online only or not either.

Personally it’s not for me, I think they look a bit naff, especially if they have the 3 stripes continuing all the way down, but I understand loads of people want one.

Edited by Stifler

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

Aye, Arsenal do a long sleeved version, but it’s £5 more.

Not sure if it’s online only or not either.

Personally it’s not for me, I think they look a bit naff, especially if they have the 3 stripes continuing all the way down, but I understand loads of people want one.

I actually think the undershirt looks awful for us. ESP when it’s black. Barnes looked a bit of a goof. 

5 minutes ago, NSG said:

Used to love getting an NUFC bargain at the Adidas shop at Dalton Park. Hope that makes a comeback too :lol:

Aye, there is one up at Gretna as well.

They had an actual Adidas store briefly in Eldon Square.

One of the biggest benefits of Adidas will be their distribution, kids from all over the country will be able to go into their local JD Sports and Adidas shop and get our kit.

Ive never seen our shirt in any sportswear shop around the country under Castore.

21 hours ago, Shak said:

I had Gav 1 on the away version of that top.

anyone with a good memory will recall that the Adidas v had a bit of a tail and looked a bit like a short stalked y.

Not my finest moment shirt wise

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

One of the biggest benefits of Adidas will be their distribution, kids from all over the country will be able to go into their local JD Sports and Adidas shop and get our kit.

Ive never seen our shirt in any sportswear shop around the country under Castore.

I’m not sure what the situation is since Ashley left, but his SD stores used to have plenty of our stock in nationwide, especially in Doncaster.

As you say though, Adidas will have a greater reach, have a decent app to be honest.

I do doubt you will be able to go into JD store to buy a shirt nationwide though, JD only usually have football tops in for local teams, and even then they keep the selection small.

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I had Gav 1 on the away version of that top.

anyone with a good memory will recall that the Adidas v had a bit of a tail and looked a bit like a short stalked y.

Not my finest moment shirt wise

Quite the opposite, I applaud you for your bravery, was a different time back in the 90s