NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

What a fantastic initiative.

On a separate point, I’ve heard there has been issues with the new adidas shirts not meeting the quality checks so there could be delays with these going on sale if they can’t sort it.

Cracking video there is right, and very interesting the alternatives to the grandad collar! Seen this a few  years ago its basically the same but stripes slightly  different and the material more shiney, could deffo be a real prototype  though as deportivo la coruna had basically the same kit but in blue and white a year laterimage.thumb.png.60417cf14e4fcc0ac26aaa60a65c788e.png

Back then: uk manufacturing, good quality product, somewhere between 20 and 30 quid.

Now: sweatshop manufacturing, often poor quality product, minimum of 70 quid.

13 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Back then: uk manufacturing, good quality product, somewhere between 20 and 30 quid.

Profitability rules. 

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

They weren't 20-30 quid for those adidas ones; mine was 35 quid.  With inflation, that would be 85 quid today.  Most of the kits were manufactured in sweatshops in Turkey, not the UK.

And I seem to remember a former chairman boasting to a News of the Screws fake sheikh in a Spanish brothel about just how much they cost to make; just how quality they were; and just how much we were stupid enough to pay.

20 hours ago, GavMcEl said:

Cracking video there is right, and very interesting the alternatives to the grandad collar! Seen this a few  years ago its basically the same but stripes slightly  different and the material more shiney, could deffo be a real prototype  though as deportivo la coruna had basically the same kit but in blue and white a year laterimage.thumb.png.60417cf14e4fcc0ac26aaa60a65c788e.png

Don't think I'd mind seeing a modern mock up kit with that style of stripes actually. 

I’ve said it before Adidas are vastly overrated by our support. 1995 & 1999 the only two really good shirts adidas gave us

That looks decent; it's much better to circumvent the 'fangs' on the hips by making them the same colour as the stripes, than to make them a different colour entirely. It's a pity in a way because they provide the only means for some individualism in what is otherwise a bog-standard template.