NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

Have I made this up but was it not made a thing that clubs cannot have striped backs? The shirts need to be one colour on the back to assist with reading player numbers/names?

I mentioned this yonks ago.  I was laughed at for suggesting such a thing.  People for get ashley is all about making cash from various lines of business. Nudging fans to spend a bit more on names and numbers is right up ashleys street.  SD always try to get you to buy a mug, a bag or a catalog. When you buy from SD online the SD catalogue is auto added to your basket, you have to manually remove it. 

The blank back is there on purpose.

Nope, it's not a thing. Southampton don't, sunderland don't. West Brom have never had it whilst they've had their thick normal stripes. We're the only ones who seem to insist on it for some reason.

These images show that the variations in colours dont make it difficult or any more difficult to read.

Stoke

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/12/article-2073311-0F2416D100000578-813_468x286.jpg

West Brom

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02389/Peter_Odemwingie_2389482b.jpg

Aye, its pretty much just us... fat Mick probably thinks its a way to force fans to get names and/or numbers on instead of having a plain back to the shirt.

I don't even think its a puma/manufacturer thing, as we had the same sort of blank back panel in the last few years with Adidas too.

Have I made this up but was it not made a thing that clubs cannot have striped backs? The shirts need to be one colour on the back to assist with reading player numbers/names?

Nope, it's not a thing. Southampton don't, sunderland don't. West Brom have never had it whilst they've had their thick normal stripes. We're the only ones who seem to insist on it for some reason.

What about the premier league numbers/letters? Are they only allowed to be black now? When West Brom had their stripes, they used red letters/numbers.  Obviously black would be impossible on any newcastle kit, red would probably look ridiculous too

We used to have red numbers before the PL, it was fine.

Yeah I know, I meant that I wonder if the PL made a new rule about the numbers having to be black or a dark colour (dunno why they would :lol: )

Just found this in the Prem rules

"M.7. When playing in League Matches each Player shall wear a shirt on the back of which shall be

prominently displayed his shirt number so as to be clearly visible in accordance with

guidelines laid down by the Board from time to time, and above that his surname or such

other name as may be approved in writing by the Board"

Nothing there, so no idea.  Does say "prominently" though. Not sure Stoke's were that "prominent" this season

I'm sure they've actually made the Wonga logo bigger too, haven't they? ??? That seems like a pretty big patch.

The whole thing is fucking horrific

What about the premier league numbers/letters? Are they only allowed to be black now? When West Brom had their stripes, they used red letters/numbers.  Obviously black would be impossible on any newcastle kit, red would probably look ridiculous too

Yeah I know, I meant that I wonder if the PL made a new rule about the numbers having to be black or a dark colour (dunno why they would :lol: )

"M.7. When playing in League Matches each Player shall wear a shirt on the back of which shall be

prominently displayed his shirt number so as to be clearly visible in accordance with

guidelines laid down by the Board from time to time, and above that his surname or such

Nothing there, so no idea.  Does say "prominently" though. Not sure Stoke's were that "prominent" this season

Wasn't there some UEFA ruling over the numbers on the back which might be why Southampton and West Brom have never addressed it.  Just guessing but I do think there was a rule change at some point.

Still long for a classic red trim and red numbers home kit.

Would be immense. Obviously, the current sponsor being blue there's to be no one other secondary colour. And it would be a waste of a design with the current state of the club/team.

Wasn't there some UEFA ruling over the numbers on the back which might be why Southampton and West Brom have never addressed it.  Just guessing but I do think there was a rule change at some point.

Aye, I knew I was right - it's a UEFA rule

Source: http://ffm.mk/media/files/UEFa-Kit-Regulations-Edition-2012_en.pdf

Number-zone colours

In order to be approved, the contrast between shirt

colours in the number zone must be less than or

equal to a Delta L of 25. Colour combinations with a

Delta L value greater than 25 are considered as

contrast colours and require a neutral patch on the

back of the shirt.

Maybe this is a sign we're going to challenge for European football? :cheesy: :laugh:

As the patch seems to be a UEFA requirement, not a domestic league requirement, I suppose we could just use 'patched' shirts for the players if or as/when needed, and make the general/replica shirts fully striped (or hooped), as Celtic do...

Celtic in SPL...

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/celtic-bhoys-431430.jpg

Celtic in European Competition...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/20/26202C9F00000578-0-image-a-24_1426810351203.jpg

But that would be too straightforward for NUFC.... they cant even get the sponsors new logo onto a shirt launch, FFS!!!

Aye...

http://www.nufc.com/images/kelly-nufc.jpg

Note there is a white panel behind those, though only big enough for the numbers.

I am sure if you get the same shirt you still complaint. why the strips are not equal blah blah... As for the red letters if you feel it is traditonal stuff you should strongly suggest to Puma and the club.

Guest Roger Kint

Looks marginally less s*** on provided you are colourblind and they never turn round to show the back :lol:

CFXLnRiWoAApUIy.jpg:large

where is this image from?

Its a shot from the clubs video of him.

@themagpiebrand: An early look at #TheMagpieShirt

COMING SOON

@nufc #nufc @AshleyOutdotcom @GallowgateShots @tfeditor1892 @nufctrust http://t.co/7rNaCy1zwT

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/just_boy_uk/E31DB573-80DF-42B9-B28C-50C594C00174.jpg

:sweetjesus:

Looks like that could be great. Will they not have bother with the club and puma if they use the club crest and stuff though?

Guest Roger Kint

Shouldn't imagine they'd be that daft to use the club crest like.

:lol: Yeah i would hope not