NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So no one has to engage with a piece that sounds like it was written  by a temperamental teenager, this is a bizarre take from Mr Edwards:

"But where is all the Saudi money that was hinted at when fans were celebrating the takeover? Where are the new sponsorship deals? Why is Howe operating with a relatively small transfer budget this summer?

Maybe the fact this is only a change in kit colour is the problem. Newcastle are being dressed up to look like the Saudi national team but the might of the Saudi state has not been used, at least not yet, to make them resemble a success football team."

He does realise they've been here five minutes and our PL status has just been confirmed aye? 

He seems to think it's the third kit for what it's worth.

I don't ever get the impression that Edwards listens to anyone except the voice in his head

Staveley said over a year ago what the spending plans were - 250m over five windows, which is 50m per window, above what the club can bring in for itself.  He reports that they've set a budget of 50m + sales, and then scratches his head ... when he was one of the ones who mistakenly thought they would chuck hundreds of millions at the club each window

They've told us what their plans are - it isn't exactly a secret

13 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Oh I know, I have been very open about my conflicted feelings on the takeover. I guess it's kinda better it's out in the open. What I don't like is all the disingenuous responses people send that WHAT WE CANT WEAR GREEN NOW THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE SAUDI COLOURS crap. It's completely fine to be not bothered by it, but pretending it's not there so you don't have to say that? Anyway as ever I will chalk it to another uncomfortable thing among many in sport

This irks me a little bit too.

I've made my peace and I'm still willing to follow my club with the ownership clearly being KSA. The choice of colours seems a bit of a PR blunder imo and will be lapped up like a fresh shit by the flies in the media.

You can make your peace with it if you want, but don't try and draw comparisons or make excuses, it is what it is and even if not intended it looks to be seriously misguided when we are already public enemy number 1.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

This, totally understand not caring, god there's enough going on in the world to not want to worry about who owns the club, please want people to enjoy it. I don't want people to think me fretting that I wish football clubs weren't political footballs owned by states is meant as an attack on them but I guess it comes across that way.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not that I think this is good or owt, but at least you're honest and aren't trying to deny the obvious. 

Aye, have a lot more respect for the people who lean into not giving a shit rather than the bad faith people tying themselves in knots to excuse things. 

That's the thing. I knew what this takeover was, I know what KSA are and it does make me feel uncomfortable. With that in mind, the kit really didn't evoke much reaction from me either way. I don't need a journalist who's ascended the moral high ground to tell me how I should and shouldn't feel about it.

Naturally the social media reaction will be completely polarised, but I think it's OK not to have a strong stance on it as well.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's the thing. I knew what this takeover was, I know what KSA are and it does make me feel uncomfortable. With that in mind, the kit really didn't evoke much reaction from me either way. I don't need a journalist who's ascended the moral high ground to tell me how I should and shouldn't feel about it.

Naturally the social media reaction will be completely polarised, but I think it's OK not to have a strong stance on it as well.

The same journalists that use Russian gas, even if it only makes up a small amount of our gas.

I think Christ (the poster) said it best about the people kicking up a fuss over it, including Caulkin, it's because for them it’s 'an ever present reminder of the reality of the situation when all they want is to pretend we’re not bankrolled by a Bond villain.'

Edited by Kid Icarus

Worst part of this is the knackers on Twitter falling over themselves to point out so-called hypocrisy. Worst one is someone calling out a lack of fume at a Chelsea kit in Russian colours... which are also Chelsea's colours. :fool:

18 hours ago, NE27 said:

Don't get me wrong, right sponsor and they're all good efforts.

But we know how this is going to play out yeah?

Definitely. No getting away from the fact that it links us to SA pretty visually, I guess we'll just have to batten down the hatches and accept the inevitable criticism coming our way.

I do like the kit though, think it's very smart if we disregard the SA factor.

1 hour ago, Smal said:

You are just ignoring the massive, massive caveat that the kingdom is a murderous and despotic regime that we are just going to be a symbol of.

I’m at ease with it a new away top hasn’t just brought this about. Everyone knows where owned by Saudi Arabia, people need to accept it or like LV said make choices, instead of boring the majority of us with their moral struggles.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m at ease with it a new away top hasn’t just brought this about. Everyone knows where owned by Saudi Arabia, people need to accept it or like LV said make choices, instead of boring the majority of us with their moral struggles.

Or alternatively, you could accept that you're on a forum, that it's a topic that's going to come up time and again, and that it's actually you that can make a choice about whether to engage with it or not instead of joining in.

As it's often pointed out, not supporting Newcastle is out of the question, but that's exactly the case for every Newcastle fan with every opinion on the ownership. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Baldwards reckons Castore came up with the idea and the club signed it off.

Daft from the owners, but beginning to think Castore are a bit naff themselves.

He also reckons it's the third kit, hasn't got a fucking clue what he's talking about.

9 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Whilst I'm comfortable with the takeover and this top clearly is Saudi influenced (doesn't bother me) I don't think it's fair to dismiss the moral struggles people have

It's a forum so discussions taking place is quite fundamental but this entire subject isn't black and white, so why expect people to be such a way? 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Or alternatively, you could accept that you're on a forum, that it's a topic that's going to come up time and again, and that it's actually you that can make a choice about whether to engage with it or not instead of joining in.

As it's often pointed out, not supporting Newcastle is out of the question, but that's exactly the case for every Newcastle fan with every opinion on the ownership. 

If I was tying myself knots like some see to be I would just walk away. I’ve got no problem with folk who practice what they preach and walk away because of their morals.