NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

10 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

They're not long gone, castore managed to stick to the tradition with their home kits. 

Adidas could have gone with the 09/10 template, perfect example of the right balance of stripes.

I just don't like it when kits (especially home) drift away from traditional styles.

Puma once did something weird with the stripes, 12/13 home, still haunts me now, daft little distorted stripes. 

Yeah, that was a disgrace. 

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Managed to pick the pro away top up for £13.50 yesterday. Well chuffed.

Was this on the official club shop?  I managed to get the pro home one with no sponsor on but the away shirt has been sold out for a while, unless I missed it.  

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I was on about us under Adidas specifically. We'll never get a unique design as long as they're our manufacturer. Same as anyone associated with Nike. 

No idea why people assumed we’d be getting something completely bespoke tbh. Seems a massive misunderstanding of what ‘elite club status’ means, which is that we’ll get drip fed a load of Originals-style branded merch for people to waste their hard earned cash on and the final kit itself will likely be of a marginally better quality than non-elite clubs.

For what it’s worth I think the shirt looks fine. Prefer it if we didn’t have a back panel but that’s the only bit I really feel in any way strongly about. People always get wound up about minor detailing and it’s basically forgotten about once the kit is out, being worn and we’re winning games.

16 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

We will always have a patch on the back now though with it being UEFA requirements

get over it FFS

Will forever look like trash though

2 hours ago, Reggae Magpie said:

Was this on the official club shop?  I managed to get the pro home one with no sponsor on but the away shirt has been sold out for a while, unless I missed it.  

Yeah was down to 15 quid plus extra 15% off with code. I couldn't believe they had an XL in stock!

1 hour ago, mattypnufc said:

Its been a debate since the 97-98 shield incarnation.  Probably raised its head in the 80s too. What goes around comes around etc.

I don't recall any 80s shirts with blank backs mind.  Its only a fairly recent thing. 

2 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

We will always have a patch on the back now though with it being UEFA requirements

get over it FFS

The fashionistas in this thread won’t be able to leave the house whilst checking that blank shield in the mirror.

The strips very nice, will be high quality and sell in the shit loads, life is good.

24 minutes ago, NG32 said:

I don't recall any 80s shirts with blank backs mind.  Its only a fairly recent thing. 

There was a fair few late 80s+ with a big white patch on them, not a blank back

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

There was a fair few late 80s+ with a big white patch on them, not a blank back

Yeah but not a blank panel as part of the shirt. 

I would actually prefer a stitched on white patch with the number on it. 

3 minutes ago, NG32 said:

Yeah but not a blank panel as part of the shirt. 

I would actually prefer a stitched on white patch with the number on it. 

I know thats exactly what i said :lol:

Like watching Dress to Impress reading this thread. 

It's a football shirt ffs. Becomes a thing of beauty only by virtue of who's wearing the cunt and how successful they are in it. 

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I know thats exactly what i said :lol:

Didnt read properly, far too many questions being asked of me, sorry [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

It's a football shirt ffs. Becomes a thing of beauty only by virtue of who's wearing the cunt and how successful they are in it. 

Whilst true, the blank patch is still a big shame.

It'll be fine when we hoist the f.a cup in it next season.

If we go a bit daring for once and get rid of all the black stripes then the white patch on the back wouldn't be as noticeable

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

They're not long gone, castore managed to stick to the tradition with their home kits. 

Adidas could have gone with the 09/10 template, perfect example of the right balance of stripes.

I just don't like it when kits (especially home) drift away from traditional styles.

Puma once did something weird with the stripes, 12/13 home, still haunts me now, daft little distorted stripes. 

Once did something weird with stripes ? Lol every jersey they did from 2011-16 had something wrong with the stripes, between spikes, blue lines and random Vs lol.. but agree with you with Adidas, thought for their 1st offering back with us, they would've done something a bit more traditional, because there 1st jerseys for arsenal, man utd and celtic where all very classic/simple designs, then the 2nd and 3rd seasons they went a bit mad with graphics etc

Edited by GavMcEl

5 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

Once did something weird with stripes ? Lol every jersey they did from 2011-16 had something wrong with the stripes, between spikes, blue lines and random Vs lol.. but agree with you with Adidas, thought for their 1st offering back with us, they would've done something a bit more traditional, because there 1st jerseys for arsenal, man utd and celtic where all very classic/simple designs, then the 2nd and 3rd seasons they went a bit mad with graphics etc

image.thumb.png.cb8e3e0d7ca9c564c57d6299c7876ee7.png

Come on man, that was unforgivable, wtf are those weird distorted lines.

Now you've pointed it out though, they did make some howlers.

Credit to Puma for the 2017 third Black kit, one of my favourites, and they got the striped 18-19 away nearly as good as adidas original 95-96 away.

Personal favorite outside Adidas's 95-96 legendary kits, was this 

image.thumb.png.1764681aa6f53857cda3f0e40ab0d80c.png

Fortunate to own one, hopefully Adidas recreate this beauty.