NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

38 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

If the option is available to immediately increase revenue by a substatial amount, then surely you will take it. You can then build into the contact increased payments regarding other things (i.e. higher league placing, European qualification). What happens if we don't have a good season next year, do you then wait until we do, whilst losing the increasd revenue? 

Your not going to increase it by a substantial amount now though as anything above £10m will be knocked back by the PL 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Your not going to increase it by a substantial amount now though as anything above £10m will be knocked back by the PL 

Then we'll take it to court on the grounds of restriction of trade .. and win in the space or two hours.

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

That’s most likely bullshit. Neither of us on here have a clue on how to call this. I’d bet that it’s all about presenting it in the right way. If we can build a case as to how and why our sponsorship is worth XX million pounds there’s not a chance in hell that the PL can reject it.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You don't have a clue on that

5 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Then we'll take it to court on the grounds of restriction of trade .. and win in the space or two hours.

2 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

That’s most likely bullshit. Neither of us on here have a clue on how to call this. I’d bet that it’s all about presenting it in the right way. If we can build a case as to how and why our sponsorship is worth XX million pounds there’s not a chance in hell that the PL can reject it.

I’m not going to argue about this again, and will be happy to say I’m wrong if it comes out in the next few weeks that I was wrong and we have a nice big sponsorship to look forward too. Let’s see how many apologies I get if it turns out I’m right though 

Edited by nufcnick

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I’m not going to argue about this again, and will be happy to say I’m wrong if it comes out in the next few weeks that I was wrong and we have a nice big sponsorship to look forward too. Let’s see how many apologies I get if it turns out I’m right though 

You won't be right, however if you are, then I will be the first to do so and you can bookmark that

12 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Wow, condescending much? As I said, I really don’t give a crap who the sponsors are. Scratch the surface enough of 99.9% of the Fortune 500 companies and there’s bound to be dirt somewhere (and in a lot of cases Saudi dirt at that). But again, from a brand-building perspective they’d surely want a nice brand attached to the kit. There are shitloads of gullible people out there after all. 

I’m not saying you do. However there are an awful lot of people on here getting themselves all worked up about something which is totally inconsequential and every corner of NUFC internet is going to be unbearable when they get the news they don’t want in the coming days/weeks. 

A couple of months ago I was told by someone who is close to the club (albeit not in a commercial capacity) and who I have no reason to disbelieve that Fun88 was staying next year because - and I’m paraphrasing - they’ve looked at the lay of the land and right now it doesn’t make financial sense. I’ve largely kept it under my hat because I wasn’t sure whether the info was good, but I’ve seen zero to suggest we’re about to change shirt sponsorship.

Put as much stock in that as you want. 

Just now, christ said:

I’m not saying you do. However there are an awful lot of people on here getting themselves all worked up about something which is totally inconsequential and every corner of NUFC internet is going to be unbearable when they get the news they don’t want in the coming days/weeks. 

A couple of months ago I was told by someone who is close to the club (albeit not in a commercial capacity) and who I have no reason to disbelieve that Fun88 was staying next year because - and I’m paraphrasing - they’ve looked at the lay of the land and right now it doesn’t make financial sense. I’ve largely kept it under my hat because I wasn’t sure whether the info was good, but I’ve seen zero to suggest we’re about to change shirt sponsorship.

Put as much stock in that as you want. 

No worries mate. I’ve no reason not to believe you or your info and I could see if happening as well. However, I'm coming in strictly from a marketing angle and I’d argue that they should do better. And most likely could as well. But I’ve no idea about their commercial nous, after all the main people at the top of the club are finance types. And I would be a bit disappointed if they couldn’t come up with an OK solution for a year or two while we build and hopefully climb the table. After all, there’s absolutely nothing anywhere that says we HAVE to sign multi-year deals? 

1 minute ago, clintdempsey said:

No worries mate. I’ve no reason not to believe you or your info and I could see if happening as well. However, I'm coming in strictly from a marketing angle and I’d argue that they should do better. And most likely could as well. But I’ve no idea about their commercial nous, after all the main people at the top of the club are finance types. And I would be a bit disappointed if they couldn’t come up with an OK solution for a year or two while we build and hopefully climb the table. After all, there’s absolutely nothing anywhere that says we HAVE to sign multi-year deals? 

There were quite a few reasons I was told but the way it was explained to me was that the new market value rules threw quite a big spanner in the works. Shirt sponsorship was on the agenda until then. It changed the mathematics quite dramatically, especially because of the long term contract with Fun88.

Funnily enough I also asked about legal action at the time and the response I got was that the owners are quite keen to build up some goodwill within the league and build our influence that way. I don’t think we’ll see us back in court again any time soon.

I was also told that Ashley had done such a piss poor job on the commercial side the club reckon there’s a load of potential there.

It’ll go down like a fart in a phone box on here because of the Fun88 stuff, but it was actually a really positive conversation.

Disappointing if true obviously but small sacrifices and what have you.

If someone said fun88 being nufc sponsor was the height of our issues come summer 22 I'd have pissed my pants.

1 minute ago, christ said:

There were quite a few reasons I was told but the way it was explained to me was that the new market value rules threw quite a big spanner in the works. Shirt sponsorship was on the agenda until then. It changed the mathematics quite dramatically, especially because of the long term contract with Fun88.

Funnily enough I also asked about legal action at the time and the response I got was that the owners are quite keen to build up some goodwill within the league and build our influence that way. I don’t think we’ll see us back in court again any time soon.

I was also told that Ashley had done such a piss poor job on the commercial side the club reckon there’s a load of potential there.

It’ll go down like a fart in a phone box on here because of the Fun88 stuff, but it was actually a really positive conversation.

Not be long until we find out for sure anyway, two months is a long time in football (if your source was correct - we were not even sure of staying up at that point). 

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Not be long until we find out for sure anyway, two months is a long time in football (if your source was correct - we were not even sure of staying up at that point). 

Hence my hesitancy to go full ‘ITK’. I expected the owners to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but if that was the case I reckon we’d have heard by now.

1 minute ago, christ said:

Hence my hesitancy to go full ‘ITK’. I expected the owners to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but if that was the case I reckon we’d have heard by now.

I'm the opposite I think the journalists close to the owners (Hope, Caulkin etc) would have been reporting it, if Fun88 were still going to be the sponsors. As I said before, we won't have too long to find out though.

57 minutes ago, christ said:

This sounds on the money to me and in the grand scheme of things no big deal. Yeah we would have loved to have done a City/Etihad deal but that horse has bolted. There doing things the right way and we should all be reassured that where now in safe hands.

Edited by Whitley mag

Well, my the only questions I have are, if it is FUN88, why delay the reveal or kit launch? Why not wear it at the end of last season? Why try to hide when you are the sponsor?

Its not like when we wete switching from Puma to Castore when deals need to expire before new ones take effect.

55 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Well, my the only questions I have are, if it is FUN88, why delay the reveal or kit launch? Why not wear it at the end of last season? Why try to hide when you are the sponsor?

Its not like when we wete switching from Puma to Castore when deals need to expire before new ones take effect.

Because Castore are incompetent?

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Because Castore are incompetent?

Incompetent for NUFC only? You can see the other clubs under them have at least got leaks to their kits, complete with sponsors and all.

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Incompetent for NUFC only? You can see the other clubs under them have at least got leaks to their kits, complete with sponsors and all.

I just think that people are reading to much into all of this.  Fun88 looks nailed on for next season - and as I've pointed out earlier, a new sponsor would be unlikely to bring in much extra cash and I'd be willing to bet that Ashley didn't insert a break clause, so chucking Fun88 might cost more than the difference the new sponsor might bring in

11 hours ago, christ said:

You'd expect there to be a conversation going between the club and the Premier league about how much sponsorship we can have. For example our world profile has ramped up since the takeover and ramps up again should we say, buy a marquee signing it ramps up more so there is an argument, even within fair value stuff we could legitimately claim a larger deal than the likes if Everton or West Ham ?