NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

About time they brought back jazzy goalkeeper tops. I hate the plain dull ones, looks like they've just got them from some generic kit shop. Those Asics and Adidas ones were fantastic!

12 minutes ago, Stal said:

About time they brought back jazzy goalkeeper tops. I hate the plain dull ones, looks like they've just got them from some generic kit shop. Those Asics and Adidas ones were fantastic!

I could be wrong, but didn't this tie into theories about peoples brains being drawn to louder patterns, therefore they'd subconsciously aim for the keeper when taking a shot? Then it all changed and people decided it would be better for keepers to blend into the background as much as possible and they all got very boring. 

29 minutes ago, wrightstuff83 said:

Liverpool doing it right wearing their new kit on last home game, where is our leaks even?! 

We won't be able to do this. Fun88 are fucking off, but they're not going to be ok with us just sacking them off entirely weeks ahead of schedule. 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s the way it was done in the 90s. Wouldn’t say it was doing it right or wrong tho 

First time being synergetically against Leicester no less.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, gdm said:

It’s the way it was done in the 90s. Wouldn’t say it was doing it right or wrong tho 

Was that feasible as we had the same sponsor for the years we did that? 

I can see it’s nice thing to do wearing the new shirt in your last home game. But as other have said, if the deal with fun 88 runs to the end of may/June then it’s just not possible. 

makes you wonder if there is some acknowledged dates these contracts run to and the previous lot missed a trick….

is it the same sponser for liverfool?

Wearing the new kit on the last home game used to always be a thing and I'm pretty sure we've done it loads of times too. Obviously you can't if you're changing sponsor, kit maker etc.

Edited by Decky

I don’t think we have done it since the 1st relegation season under Ashley.

We used to do it when we had Adidas, but also until the mid 2000’s we used to have the same home kit for 2 years.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t think we have done it since the 1st relegation season under Ashley.

We used to do it when we had Adidas, but also until the mid 2000’s we used to have the same home kit for 2 years.

Last time was the final game of the 2010/11 season. Forget wearing one in the final game, can't even remember a home kit being announced before end of season after that.

They should play the blaydon races (original) at every match 

before the game,, at the end of the game 

every week without fail until everyone knows all the lyrics and sings it (in time) 

Then hopefully it becomes something everyone sings along with and we have 50,000+ all making a great pre game atmosphere (as well as it being the end of game celebration song) 

even put the words on the big tv and maybe the match programme 

Edited by JonBez comesock

5 hours ago, gdm said:

Aye that’s what I meant, perhaps worded it wrong but just meant I nostalgically love it! The sponsor thing is fair point aye👍🏻

8 hours ago, Cort said:

Last time was the final game of the 2010/11 season. Forget wearing one in the final game, can't even remember a home kit being announced before end of season after that.

On the last day of the 11/12 we wore the next seasons maroon away kit at Everton and in 13/14 we wore the next seasons grey away kit at anfield on the final day.

Last time i remember  us doing it was final game of 2014/15 when jonas scored against West ham to keep us up we the following seasons home kit, that horrible number with the randon blue bits in the bottom .... 

Edited by GavMcEl