NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Reds a horrible colour leave it to the mackems . Black , white with a dash of blue , colours of the Magpie đź‘Ť

Red is a class colour. Let’s leave boycotting daft things like breakfast cereals and colours coz of our rivals to the likes of the Mackems 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Red is a class colour. Let’s leave boycotting daft things like breakfast cereals and colours coz of our rivals to the likes of the Mackems 

I don't mind red outside of football. But in terms of our identity and creating something distinctly Newcastle - Something iconic and immediately identifiable as us - Red isn't it, in my opinion.

It's such an overused colour, not to mention the colour of most of our despised rivals.

But look, that's my lot on the matter, if you like it, fair enough, for me the mid-late nineties styles captured the imagination best. Cool, stylish & consistent.

The red we use for our numbering and lettering is different to the red that they use. Ours is a much darker red.

As it happens I like a dark red, maroon, but letter box red colours I can’t stand, especially on cars, and this was long before I got interested in football.

12 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

I don't mind red outside of football. But in terms of our identity and creating something distinctly Newcastle - Something iconic and immediately identifiable as us - Red isn't it, in my opinion.

It's such an overused colour, not to mention the colour of most of our despised rivals.

But look, that's my lot on the matter, if you like it, fair enough, for me the mid-late nineties styles captured the imagination best. Cool, stylish & consistent.

I'm getting really fed up with your attitude towards red here. 

2 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

For any US people ordering, if you order from Castore rather than NUFC the free shipping minimum is less than the price of a shirt. Rather than $120 at the official store. 

I ordered one for me and the little guy today so it worked out. 

Saw a bloke at the coast wearing it, it’s pretty smart tbf. Also a lad who’d gambled on the Saudia sponsorship option and was wearing a proper DH special which warmed the heart.

Sure I read on here that UEFA rules are that a striped kit has to have a block panel on the back, but Inter don’t so maybe that’s not true anymore? Be nice if we don’t have to stick a panel on for our games

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I was on about the green blue McEwans ? 

There's no comparison. 

Ah right, I thought you were meaning the blue with stripes down the left.

Do you mean the 3rd kit, green with like a thick blue pin stripe ?

Edited by madras

13 minutes ago, madras said:

Ah right, I thought you were meaning the blue with stripes down the left.

Do you mean the 3rd kit, green with like a thick blue pin stripe ?

Yeah, it's an old fave of mine. 

I just felt with the way kit design is these days, that it could be made to look decent. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Yeah, it's an old fave of mine. 

I just felt with the way kit design is these days, that it could be made to look decent. 

Did it get used more than once (Sheff Wed) ? I wasn't that great a fan of it, the pin stripe thing never done it for me. Really liked the one I alluded to earlier though.

27 minutes ago, Lhfm said:

Does the club sell authentic kits. Thanks

Last time I was in the shop at SJP they did. Castore have the fan kit and then a performance kit which is the same top the players wear. 

Having now seen it in the flesh, glad to say I still think it's pretty sharp if not mindblowing. Really like the collar tbh and, as has been discussed to death, the sponsor is a huge upgrade. I think the top of the shoulders is a bit weird with that tapered black panel, but I'm only nitpicking. Would've been sorely tempted had the scandalous price not made the decision very easy. Itching to get one of the 90s aways so will put any shirt dollar towards that instead. 

12 hours ago, madras said:

Did it get used more than once (Sheff Wed) ? I wasn't that great a fan of it, the pin stripe thing never done it for me. Really liked the one I alluded to earlier though.

No, I believe just shef wed 2 years in a row. Didn't yield many goals (last minute Andy cole strike 0-1 the first game) then the year later a dour 0-0 draw - bloody Keegan always winning or losing 4-3