NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

For the yellow kit, the Alan Gowling/ Supermac blue shorts and white socks with top hoops are absolutely my favourite. That goal at Bolton in that kit is iconic. It was just like watching Brazil, Bruno/ Jo would love it. We’ve never gone back to it and I’ve no idea why not.

It was an absolutely fantastic kit.

IMG_7592.jpeg

6 hours ago, Big River said:

looks great with white shorts. probably the main reason we lost on Wednesday, tbh.

I said that to my wife :lol: was disappointed we didn't wear them as well. 

Edited by Kanji

12 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Enjoyed The Kit Breakdown's vid; it's a really good channel and I tend to agree with Craig on just about everything; stuff like too many shirts being released and too much stuff that's just a copy of something prior. Will admit I fast-forwarded through a good chunk of him getting his hair cut, like. :lol: Nice to hear from Watson and Clarky but really it was just multiple versions of the same conversation. Nice to see wor @Heron n'all. 

Spoilers re designs in case anyone wants to watch it first. 

Reveal hidden contents

It kinda surprised me that he went for the red and blue hoops on the away kit given his views about copies, but I suppose he was led by the research. And it's just a glorious, glorious kit so it's difficult not to be lured by its beauty, even if you're anti-copying, like I am. Weaving aspects of the city and Wor Flags into the hoops was a brilliant call. Bringing the NUF-C badge back feels like an open goal for Adidas too cos: A, it's retro and therefore desirable; and B, it's minimalist so suits graphic designers' agenda to dumb-down any and all iconography. 

I really liked the concept of blending the 80s away kits together - the yellow and green combined with the pinstripes of the silver one - but I didn't love the gradient effect. Trefoil down the sleeve tape a la Bukta was an inspired choice but, again, absolutely pie in the sky when you consider the minimalist approach to badges and logos now. 

Home one was areet; don't mind a central badge. Gold's fine but can very much live without the Wonga blue. Back was shit though. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231027_115214_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f95249d9f32d2fb67acb9af606a3f075.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231027_115257_YouTube.thumb.jpg.01cca77b3e8d2e028835c3a5c4de8e32.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231027_115323_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fc87ff249f5db11bb1e2c8bd4e06720e.jpg

I actually think these are all canny nice. Maybe the Sela should be Green on the third kit and slight reduction on the size of the crest on the away one. The mix of Gold and Blue on the home feels like maybe too much is incorporated. I'd go with blue over Gold but ultimately do one or the other not both.

Edited by Heron

I actually love that home kit mock-up. It's a great balance of traditional while having its own slant - I agree with the designer in general that you don't want near enough carbon copy kits each year. I think the blue and gold work together as it's subtle enough but serves a purpose (blue piping brings an end to the stipes, the gold serves as lush trims on the adidas stripes and both colours are reflected by the crest). It has a lot of nods to many different kits over the years as oppose to an on-the-nose homage to one. Would be chuffed with it.

So, this has just been shoved through my letterbox, and I'm over the moon with it.

https://imgur.com/a/Lvx3Haj

image.thumb.png.ddc550ff3b7e0a7998bfda9f36dc611e.pngimage.thumb.png.6af86c7f27496ccdf19dacd1bf96136a.pngimage.thumb.png.59426d623803800ef063ac9a8337a3ca.png

The stitching and embroidery is pretty good, the brown ale logo itself is soft, and embroidered, not hard and stiff like it is on the 'Entertainers' home shirt. But crucially, this 'XXL' actually fits me, well, it'll be a nicer fit once I shift a little more timber, but just tried the Entertainers 'XXL' and still cant get that on. So the sizing on this is closer to UK.

Really pleased with it for roughly £17 delivered, and didn't take too long either, from DHGate (ordered 14/10).

Edited by TK-421

On 27/10/2023 at 17:28, Tsunami said:

For the yellow kit, the Alan Gowling/ Supermac blue shorts and white socks with top hoops are absolutely my favourite. That goal at Bolton in that kit is iconic. It was just like watching Brazil, Bruno/ Jo would love it. We’ve never gone back to it and I’ve no idea why not.

It was an absolutely fantastic kit.

IMG_7592.jpeg

Didnt we have this colour combo under Pardew? sure we won at man utd and spurs that season when we did

Cabaye at Man Utd and Remy at spurs in that epic Tim Krul game?

16 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Didnt we have this colour combo under Pardew? sure we won at man utd and spurs that season when we did

Cabaye at Man Utd and Remy at spurs in that epic Tim Krul game?

Ba48NnIIEAA9lD-.jpg

3 hours ago, TK-421 said:

So, this has just been shoved through my letterbox, and I'm over the moon with it.

image.thumb.png.ddc550ff3b7e0a7998bfda9f36dc611e.pngimage.thumb.png.6af86c7f27496ccdf19dacd1bf96136a.pngimage.thumb.png.59426d623803800ef063ac9a8337a3ca.png

The stitching and embroidery is pretty good, the brown ale logo itself is soft, and embroidered, not hard and stiff like it is on the 'Entertainers' home shirt. But crucially, this 'XXL' actually fits me, well, it'll be a nicer fit once I shift a little more timber, but just tried the Entertainers 'XXL' and still cant get that on. So the sizing on this is closer to UK.

Really pleased with it for roughly £17 delivered, and didn't take too long either, from DHGate (ordered 14/10).

Sorry if you've said before but who's the seller? First time I've been tempted by DHGate.

That shirt was peak childhood for me. My name and number on the back, PL patches, the works.

Really messes with my head that it was only one kit removed from the grandad collar. But I guess it was in some pretty formative years of about 6 to 10 years old. 

Do we think one of those other Adidas 90s kits would be remembered as adoringly as the grandad collar, had they been the ones worn when chasing the title? Or is the grandad collar still the best at a purely baseline level, forgetting how the team performed in it?

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Do we think one of those other Adidas 90s kits would be remembered as adoringly as the grandad collar, had they been the ones worn when chasing the title? Or is the grandad collar still the best at a purely baseline level, forgetting how the team performed in it?

I think it was loved anyway tbh. Not everyone was sure about it at first (I remember not liking that the blue star had gone) but everyone had it as soon as it came out like. We were chasing the title under Robson as well at certain points and those kits never got anywhere near the same adulation. 

5 hours ago, TK-421 said:

I had that one..1999? Gutted it ended up in a charity bag, long story. It was the last strip I owned, never bothered getting anymore. 

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

If we'd beaten Man Utd in the '99 Cup Final I think that one would be immortalised. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we'd beaten Man Utd in the '99 Cup Final I think that one would be immortalised. 

What about the one we wore in 98? Would be remembered for beating Arsenal and that game v Barca. 

when Aaron hughes made his debut at the Nou Camp. 

10 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Canny, I'd also be keep to know who the seller was, do they have any others?

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

From a kit nonce perspective everything about it is perfect before factoring in the team that wore it. The balance between black and white, the thickness and the amount of stripes, a perfect example of a sponsor making a kit look even better and the number and name sets were lush as well. (Though that's just me personally: I really am not a fan of red numbers. Would rather see us go back to blue a la 2003-05 than have red but they seem set to stay.)

5 hours ago, Nowhere Man said:

I had that one..1999? Gutted it ended up in a charity bag, long story. It was the last strip I owned, never bothered getting anymore. 

Got it on release day before we wore it in the cup final.  Got Hamann on the back.

Lost the cup final and sold Hamann weeks later.  Class.

57 minutes ago, Sima said:

Got it on release day before we wore it in the cup final.  Got Hamann on the back.

Lost the cup final and sold Hamann weeks later.  Class.

Lol 😂 

I also had this shirt when I was a kid ,it was my second favourite kit after the classic 96 one. it will always live in my memory as the shirt that was worn when one of the best goals I’ve ever seen in St Jame’s Park happened. 

0_Duncan-Ferguson.jpg