NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Looks inoffensive and a bit "Meh", not bad, not horrendous. 

I actually really like this years kit with the white on the back, that's been worn in the Champions League, think I prefer it to the stripes on the back tbh.

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Let’s be honest here. If we challenge for the league or wear that top in a cup final it’s going to be looked back on as a great kit.

if we finish 10th it’s going to be the worst kit ever

Well if its a title challenge kit, then it will have a place in everyone's memories. 

The kit looks pretty drab and and uninspiring.  

There are so many more exciting designs for a stripped kit. Its a play on the 2001 & 2002 kit with very little difference. 

Just now, 54 said:

I actually really like this years kit with the white on the back, that's been worn in the Champions League, think I prefer it to the stripes on the back tbh.

This exactly. They've played it safe and the season we have will dictate as to how it's remembered. Nothing wrong with it but nothing spectacular 

I'm convinced that kit designers are just given a template and their job is to do what they can with it and reverse engineer their 'inspiration' for why it looks like shite. 

40 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I mean, it’s not bad - similar look to the one when Ba & Cisse played, but plain black & white stripes without any patching - especially the big patch on the back, would have been perfect. 

I’d say it’s most similar to the adidas 2001-2003 shirt 

IMG_9736.jpeg

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

Unpopular opinion it seems, but I agree with this.  Wearing it on Saturday reminded me that I prefer it.  

The new kit looks really bland.  5/10.  Not horrendous or anything.  But nothing particularly interesting about it, either. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Absolutely no reason that something like this wouldn't meet accessibility and readability guidelines either. 

image.thumb.png.43431ae0afe9adbce0f7b98e8fad2174.png

Despite what I just said about this season's kit.  That looks a lot better for next season's. 

There's absolutely no excuse not to have stripes on the back, like. It's a purely commercial choice as it encourages consumers to pay extra for names and numbers. 

Makes for an easier paint job on Subbuteo figures mind. 

18 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Unpopular opinion it seems, but I agree with this.  Wearing it on Saturday reminded me that I prefer it.  

The new kit looks really bland.  5/10.  Not horrendous or anything.  But nothing particularly interesting about it, either. 

I agree too. The white patch is much better. Id go as far as saying I want white shorts permanently too. 

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There's absolutely no excuse not to have stripes on the back, like. It's a purely commercial choice as it encourages consumers to pay extra for names and numbers. 

Makes for an easier paint job on Subbuteo figures mind. 

The most incredibly esoteric silver lining

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't really have strong feeling about having a blank back, stripes would be better but it's not a crime. 

Not a crime, but I do prefer stripes.

This seasons CL variant didn't offend me like, but obviously I'm attaching it to good memories so it elevates it [emoji38]

Castores design >Adidas

Adidas everything else > Castore 

The thing for me more than anything with the stripes on the back now is that on TV we're basically only playing in black and white stripes when we're defending in our half. When we're attacking in the oppositions half it just looks like we're playing in white. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The thing for me more than anything with the stripes on the back now is that on TV we're basically only playing in black and white stripes when we're defending in our half. When we're attacking in the oppositions half it just looks like we're playing in white. 

Fair point.

I've always been firmly in the striped back camp too... until this season. it looks unreal with the white panel. we looked class on Saturday and even better in the CL with the white shorts and socks.

anyway, I'm going to wait for the official pictures before making any judgements. these mockups always look terrible. wait until we see Joelinton in it.

Don't think it looks too bad, and I prefer the sweep of the bottom of the white on the back to the square we had at the weekend and in the UCL this season. I understand the commercial reason for doing it too (pushing people towards a name and number) but from a purely aesthetic point of view, in my opinion you can't beat a striped back with a square black patch and white number, ala Juve in the 80s and what we had for a few years on the Asics kit. If executed properly, numbers and names could be supplied on the patch (probably be easier to apply) and it would keep the design open for those who prefer a plain, striped back.

Shirt.thumb.jpg.0b100d7d30da342fc0e147058ce6240c.jpg

19 minutes ago, 54 said:

As an outsider, I love that old badge on the white shirt.

In my mind, I associate it with other cool badges of the time, inc the Leeds one and the Forest one, only I've just googled it and was surprised that one is from the mid 80s, i was positive it was a 70s thing.

Anyway, bring that one back.