NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

48 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Not really, all black rather than black and white means we can wear it at Leeds, Spurs, Southampton, Brighton, Swansea/Brentford

So 5 out of 19 away matches then, great job for an away shirt :lol: 

Liked it when we’d go there and wear the home top and potentially white shorts and white socks or one of them, whatever is opposite of Man United. 

Those SBR days were great in that we had that lush all white look in Europe; Feyenoord and Inter away. 

Aye, it's a football pet hate now when teams wear change kits when they don't have to. It's obviously contractually obliged nowadays that they have to wear change kits for x amount of games or whatever. Back in the early 2000s and 90s we would go to Leeds and Spurs wearing our home kit. No chance of that now.

We've worn change kits at Man United, Leicester, Burnley, Villa, Palace and Everton: fixtures where there's no clash at all.

50 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, it's a football pet hate now when teams wear change kits when they don't have to. It's obviously contractually obliged nowadays that they have to wear change kits for x amount of games or whatever. Back in the early 2000s and 90s we would go to Leeds and Spurs wearing our home kit. No chance of that now.

We've worn change kits at Man United, Leicester, Burnley, Villa, Palace and Everton: fixtures where there's no clash at all.

I'm the opposite, away is away. No point in an away kit if it's not used away. Third kits are pointless however and I dislike them very much. 

17 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I'm the opposite, away is away. No point in an away kit if it's not used away. Third kits are pointless however and I dislike them very much. 

Third kits were originally meant to be clubs' away kits in Europe if they were in European competitions? I dunno. They're just there for money making now.

Personally think change kits should only be worn when there's a clash. Black and white are our colours and we should try and wear them wherever possible. Just put our away kit back to the yellow and green kit of c. 1991. Doesn't clash with anyone other than Norwich, where we'd just wear our home kit.

Wasn’t Newcastle first 3rd kit the green and yellow one because we needed a kit that wouldn’t clash with Sheffield Wednesday? I believe we only wore it the once 

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

It's meant to be change strip i.e. only used when clashed.

Teams colours are their home colours and they should be worn as often as possible imo.

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

This will 100% happen if we are taken over because Ashley will likely retain some sort of licence on them. He bought the logo licences for himself some years ago.

I knew someone at Northumbria Uni who years ago was asked to put in an entry for a new logo into a competition/tender. Instead they opted for the anniversary logo. They must have kept the idea alive.

Edited by Stifler

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Wasn’t Newcastle first 3rd kit the green and yellow one because we needed a kit that wouldn’t clash with Sheffield Wednesday? I believe we only wore it the once 

That was the green and navy blue one, think it was hastily introduced after the Sheff Wed home game where both sides wore their away kits. 

Anyone know if that was the one and only league game we've ever played at SJP in an away kit? 

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

That was the green and navy blue one, think it was hastily introduced after the Sheff Wed home game where both sides wore their away kits. 

Anyone know if that was the one and only league game we've ever played at SJP in an away kit? 

Sorry you are correct thats the kit I meant 

24 minutes ago, Ben said:

"One for sorrow" is a decent slogan for Mike Ashley's NUFC. 

I'll be disappointed if we change the badge, 1) cos the current badge is beautiful and attached to many happy memories, 2) feels like we're aimlessly following the latest trend, and 3) clubs are doubtless changing to these circle designs to reduce their manufacturing costs or for some wanky brand bullshit.