NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

5 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Its simplification to make it cheaper to produce, and to make it more versatile. Flattening of the colours is probably more valuable than the shape, I think?!

That's what I was thinking. They' ve reduced it down to three colours: black, white, and blue. The original circle badge had five (+ yellow and green). Current crest has five (+ gold and red).

I quite like the new/old design, but I would prefer not to change at all. 

20 hours ago, Kaizero said:
7 hours ago, gdm said:

I really like our crest but I also wouldn’t be against a modern change. Hopefully signifying a new era 

Cue the Saudi haters and the media saying they ate already changing traditions of the club.

Edited by nufcjb

Personally think the 76-83 badge is a bit, well, sad. The little magpie and that, looks shit in my humble opinion. The 83-88 badge is OK, tbh I wouldn't be averse to that being on the shirt but the club crest staying the same like what is done at Liverpool; the badge of the club is the same but the liverbird with LFC underneath is what's on their shirts. 

These circular badges though, shite. Get to fuck. At least with Man City's it was a nod to their 80s and 90s crest. If the amount of colours on ours are such a pain then make our current crest just black and white or something. All about money these days.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Personally think the 76-83 badge is a bit, well, sad. The little magpie and that, looks shit in my humble opinion. The 83-88 badge is OK, tbh I wouldn't be averse to that being on the shirt but the club crest staying the same like what is done at Liverpool; the badge of the club is the same but the liverbird with LFC underneath is what's on their shirts. 

These circular badges though, shite. Get to fuck. At least with Man City's it was a nod to their 80s and 90s crest. If the amount of colours on ours are such a pain then make our current crest just black and white or something. All about money these days.

I don’t mind it, but it’s old looking in my opinion and would need several modifications and a more updated look. Don’t mind the current badge either and if it was a straight choice between the two badges as they stand, I would keep the current badge. Be interesting to see if the rumours actually do have any substance and there are plans in the background for changing the badge.

1 hour ago, Toon No9 said:

Why change a clubs crest?

A clubs crest should always look the same. It should be the DNA of the club.

All clubs change their crests now and then. I don’t really have a problem with  it.

2 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

Why change a clubs crest?

A clubs crest should always look the same. It should be the DNA of the club.

That would kinda hold more water if we hadn’t changed ours 4 times 

Zoom in the bottom left pic and can see the outline of castore logo. That’ll confirm it’s castore.

also look at the state of that manky roof 

Edited by gdm

11 hours ago, gdm said:

Zoom in the bottom left pic and can see the outline of castore logo. That’ll confirm it’s castore.

also look at the state of that manky roof 

The state of the whole stadium is a disgrace tbh. At least keep it clean, ffs.

Just now, et tu brute said:

I presume that just a mock up by someone?

Yeah I done it earlier. The idea of a round badge but keeping the best bits of the current one seemed interesting to attempt.

The green on the seahorses is a nod to the city coat of arms.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Yeah I done it earlier. The idea of a round badge but keeping the best bits of the current one seemed interesting to attempt.

The green on the seahorses is a nod to the city coat of arms.

Not a bad effort at all that, looks canny.