NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

11 hours ago, gdm said:
also look at the state of that manky roof 

The stadium has been a disgrace for years. But if anything summed up the state of the club its SJP to be fair. Neglected and rotten inside and out. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Not a bad effort at all that, looks canny.

Might be a bit too green but overall I don't think the round badge is as bad as terrible as had initially thought.

The current one is perfectly fine though, I only wish it would be sewed into the jerseys like they were in the 90's.. The printed on one looks gash, especially arou d the ribbon part.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Might be a bit too green but overall I don't think the round badge is as bad as terrible as had initially thought.

The current one is perfectly fine though, I only wish it would be sewed into the jerseys like they were in the 90's.. The printed on one looks gash, especially arou d the ribbon part.

Agree with everything there, I don’t mind the green with the historical relation to the city and it’s actually my favourite colour also.

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

Shades of black would make that way better. Not sure why they're going with green?

Don't worry man, it's just a mock up. I'll see if there's a general consensus on what colours work best and I'll do a revision at some point tomorrow.

If we are having writing of the clubs name on the badge, then I’d like to see what it looks like in Calvert font.

Calvert font was designed for and is used on the Tyne and Wear Metro system, it could pay homage to our area and potentially look good on our badge.

7 hours ago, Stifler said:

If we are having writing of the clubs name on the badge, then I’d like to see what it looks like in Calvert font.

Calvert font was designed for and is used on the Tyne and Wear Metro system, it could pay homage to our area and potentially look good on our badge.

Fuck that, think Metro and you immediately associate it with scratters.

That badge looks nice. If it was updated to that, I'd be okay with that. I always fear our badge will change with so many changing around the league.  Feel like it's coming soon. Just this ominous feeling. 

Edited by Astroblack

There’s no point changing the badge if it’s going to have the existing badge inside. The only reason to do it would be to make something new that would work better as a branding device. It would need to be really simple compared to the existing one, more like the 80s NUFC circle. 

8 hours ago, Stifler said:

If we’re going down the route of a Metro theme, I’d prefer if we incorporated this legend somehow

2806587.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=1200&

Surely all you have to do is simplify the existing design and make it single colour like they do on the away shirts.

Simplify the banner, shield and seahorses and probably remove the flag and you're golden.  Doesn't need a complete overhaul to follow the current modern theme.

274424.jpg

9 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Surely all you have to do is simplify the existing design and make it single colour like they do on the away shirts.

Simplify the banner, shield and seahorses and probably remove the flag and you're golden.  Doesn't need a complete overhaul to follow the current modern theme.

274424.jpg

It's the circle shape that they want though, easier to print etc.

That's why City, Chelsea changed theirs.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Doesn't have to be though, look at Liverpool's as an example.  They trimmed back to a very simple design keeping the basis of the old one.

3 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

When did printers start objecting that things were easy or difficult to print?

City and Chelsea changed their as they were obscenely dated and didn't fit with the image of 'successful' clubs

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

When did printers start objecting that things were easy or difficult to print?

City and Chelsea changed their as they were obscenely dated and didn't fit with the image of 'successful' clubs

All about being cost effective isn’t it? The Newcastle crest will likely be more expensive that say Man City’s circle design 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

All about being cost effective isn’t it? The Newcastle crest will likely be more expensive that say Man City’s circle design 

Probably talking fractions of fractions of a penny in ink usage and.....my laserjet doesn't complaint if i print a design or a circle. The circle design probably uses more ink if anything.

Might take a few seconds longer to do the original, but when it's farmed out to whichever sweatshop is making the emblems cost becomes irrelevant.

Changing badges is nothing to do with cost and all about image and marketing

Just now, gjohnson said:

Probably talking fractions of fractions of a penny in ink usage and.....my laserjet doesn't complaint if i print a design or a circle. The circle design probably uses more ink if anything.

Might take a few seconds longer to do the original, but when it's farmed out to whichever sweatshop is making the emblems cost becomes irrelevant.

Changing badges is nothing to do with cost and all about image and marketing

Dunno mate and don’t really care if I’m honest :lol: 

this whole discussion has came from a rumour from a random twitter account. If there is more substance to the story I’ll have more of a thought in to it but I’m gonna have a pretty good guess that our new kit will be released in the next few weeks with the current crest on it.