NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10811061/Are-Saudi-Arabia-disguise-Newcastle-set-turn-green-white-season.html - obviously you've seen it in here but the press have picked up on it now (Craig Hope)

Sportsmail can confirm the new away jersey, designed by kit suppliers Castore, carries the traditional colours of the Gulf state, whose Public Investment Fund owns 80 per cent of the club.

Newcastle's crest, as well as the trim of the neck and sleeves, have been coloured green on an all-white backdrop, bearing a striking resemblance to the shirt of the Saudi national team.

The strip is likely to attract criticism from opponents of the ownership, who had to satisfy the Premier League there was no connection between PIF and the Saudi state before their £305million takeover was approved in October.

However, the club will see the design as a chance to increase revenue streams via shirt sales in Saudi, whilst also representing their majority owners.

Shortlists are being drawn up and, among the names in attacking positions, Sportsmail understands Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Benfica's Darwin Nunez, Leverkusen's Patrik Schick, Alexander Isak of Real Sociedad and Reims teenager Hugo Ekitike have all been discussed. 

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10811061/Are-Saudi-Arabia-disguise-Newcastle-set-turn-green-white-season.html - obviously you've seen it in here but the press have picked up on it now (Craig Hope)

Sportsmail can confirm the new away jersey, designed by kit suppliers Castore, carries the traditional colours of the Gulf state, whose Public Investment Fund owns 80 per cent of the club.

Newcastle's crest, as well as the trim of the neck and sleeves, have been coloured green on an all-white backdrop, bearing a striking resemblance to the shirt of the Saudi national team.

The strip is likely to attract criticism from opponents of the ownership, who had to satisfy the Premier League there was no connection between PIF and the Saudi state before their £305million takeover was approved in October.

However, the club will see the design as a chance to increase revenue streams via shirt sales in Saudi, whilst also representing their majority owners.

Shortlists are being drawn up and, among the names in attacking positions, Sportsmail understands Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Benfica's Darwin Nunez, Leverkusen's Patrik Schick, Alexander Isak of Real Sociedad and Reims teenager Hugo Ekitike have all been discussed. 

I agree it will increase shirt sales (massively) wihin Saudi, especially as the shirt is quite similar to the Saudi national shirt. It won't however if the Fun88 is still the shirt sponser and the logo on the front shirt; and that's why I'm certain it won't be. 

So leaked photos from a Turkish twitter account of an unconfirmed shirt is now 'confirmed' as the new Kit by the DM? 

Let the fyewm commence.

EDIT: Also... "Newcastle are set to turn out in GREEN and white next season"

Pretty sure that leaked shirt is WHITE and Green, or am I being pedantic?

Edited by TK-421

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:
5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Domi though...

and I raise you a Marcelino.

Maric though! Wait, no... Charve... no... Gavila... hmm... Stephen Glass?

Looking at that away top again, sorry I just can't get away with that. I want a Newcastle United away shirt, not a fucking Saudi national shirt. Personally really uncomfortable about it. Change the crest to the normal colours at least.

The fuck are Castore playing at, man.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Maric though! Wait, no... Charve... no... Gavila... hmm... Stephen Glass?

Can only picture Dumas wearing it. Given it clashed with our home kit I can’t imagine it was worn on the regular. 

Didn’t mind Laurent Charver so long as he wasn’t smoking buckets at CB.

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Looking at that away top again, sorry I just can't get away with that. I want a Newcastle United away shirt, not a fucking Saudi national shirt. Personally really uncomfortable about it. Change the crest to the normal colours at least.

The fuck are Castore playing at, man.

Crest has been like that on loads of shirts. All the recent aways/3rds have had single colour crests off the top of my head. 

53 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Hope should be deeply embarrassed by this de facto Saudi propaganda. I bet there is near-zero financial justification for this. 

If I've accepted having Saudi owners then I guess I have to accept there being nods to Saudi in our day to day business. We also had a training camp there, will have Saudi sponsorship and will welcome Saudi investment into the city region. There's no getting away from the association, we just have to hope (from the point of view of wanting to cling to the traditional idea of Newcastle United) that the football itself - and all the other very positive things that are happening - continue to distract us from the fact that the club is being used as a device for the betterment of Saudi Arabia. 

I'd not wear the shirt like.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If I've accepted having Saudi owners then I guess I have to accept there being nods to Saudi in our day to day business. We also had a training camp there, will have Saudi sponsorship and will welcome Saudi investment into the city region. There's no getting away from the association, we just have to hope (from the point of view of wanting to cling to the traditional idea of Newcastle United) that the football itself - and all the other very positive things that are happening - continue to distract us from the fact that the club is being used as a device for the betterment of Saudi Arabia. 

I'd not wear the shirt like.

Aye; sponsorship, investment, presence of them even being owners. I accept that, but I can't help at drawing the line at making the players representing Newcastle United wearing the colours of their flag and national team. Going to really irk me when we play in that for no reason at West Ham, Villa and Palace.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

It's almost admirably blatant in a way. 

The performative fewm will be mildly amusing, I’m not going to lie. 

I don’t think we’re far off a journalist letting their guard down a little and getting #cancelled with an ill advised comment about them or our city. 

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

The performative fewm will be mildly amusing, I’m not going to lie. 

I don’t think we’re far off a journalist letting their guard down a little and getting #cancelled with an ill advised comment about them or our city. 

Hopefully the drunken tramp Barry.