NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

IMG-20220512-164807.jpg

Very nice kit. But I don't like the colours. Has nothing to do with Newcastle United. It's more a saudi kit.

Would love it if the green would be switched to black and the crest to have the original colours.

The kit being Saudi colours is at least not shirking away from the link with them that I really wish we didn't have. Daft that people are already pre-emptively reveling in the fume like.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I always assumed either the away or 3rd kit would bring some green in. Doesn’t bother me at all.

If Fun88 were going to be on the shirt they’d be up already on those leaks, but am beginning to think rather than have a sponsor at a lower fee (because we can’t justify a massive deal just yet….) that we’ll have a “Barca season” for those old enough to remember when FC Barcelona never had a shirt sponsor.

Nothing would quite say we’re rolling in it than leaving the shirt blank for a season, finishing in top 6 and then announcing something massive the following summer?!?

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I always assumed either the away or 3rd kit would bring some green in. Doesn’t bother me at all.

If Fun88 were going to be on the shirt they’d be up already on those leaks, but am beginning to think rather than have a sponsor at a lower fee (because we can’t justify a massive deal just yet….) that we’ll have a “Barca season” for those old enough to remember when FC Barcelona never had a shirt sponsor.

Nothing would quite say we’re rolling in it than leaving the shirt blank for a season, finishing in top 6 and then announcing something massive the following summer?!?

Absolutely zero chance of no sponsor. We need one for FFP going forward, even if it’s Fun88. The only way Fun88 won’t be on there is if another company has bought out their contract with the club. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Toon No9 said:

Very nice kit. But I don't like the colours. Has nothing to do with Newcastle United. It's more a saudi kit.

Would love it if the green would be switched to black and the crest to have the original colours.

We have had green away kits in the past. It is no less NUFC than many of our away kits.

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The white with green trim is smart as fuck and works well IMO, it's just in our case it's blindingly obvious why we've got it.

Yeah, it's a lovely gesture to welcome Osimhen to the club.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Absolutely zero chance of no sponsor. We need one for FFP going forward, even if it’s Fun88. The only way Fun88 won’t be on there is if another company has bought out their contract with the club. Fingers crossed.

I just can't see PIF accepting a gambling firm on the shirt for another season with the gambling rules in Saudi. 

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I just can't see PIF accepting a gambling firm on the shirt for another season with the gambling rules in Saudi. 

I can’t either, but it’s going to be there until we get an alternative that buys the contract out. 

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The contract ends at the end of this season.

It doesn’t. “In 2020, Fun 88 extended its contract with Newcastle in a "long-term" agreement.”

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/newcastle-united-fun88-betting-shirt-sponsor-puma-extended-deal/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-extend-sponsorship-deal-18626397

Edited by Manxst

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I remember there being speculation that it was some kind of rolling yearly contract, saying "long-term", conspicuously without a specific term, suggests something like that.

18 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Either way, it ends at the end of this season :laugh2: