NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Betting companies aren’t allowed to sponsor premier league clubs anymore are they ? Palace have just changed their sponsor from a betting company.

Last year I believe, although nothing has been signed off in government yet.

54 minutes ago, midds said:

I've maintained this all along, the phrase "fair value" is so ambiguous that any legal challenge to it would create an immediate backdown from the PL.

Who decides what fair value means?

Who decides the value of fair value?

Is it applied consistently?

What about deals that were signed before 'fair value' rules were introduced? 

are just 4 questions that I think the PL would have massive issues in answering in a court of law. They may have the answers but given how they performed when Di Marco et al showed them up I genuinely doubt it. I'll say it again, sign the deals, get the cash, spend the cash and argue about it later. Fuck all will happen. You think Everton are going to be challenged about their breach of FFP? Of course not.  

👍🏻 let’s take the league, burn it down. There’s a new kid in town (gratuitous AC/DC song in too!)

onwards and upwards :indi:

1 hour ago, midds said:

I've maintained this all along, the phrase "fair value" is so ambiguous that any legal challenge to it would create an immediate backdown from the PL.

Who decides what fair value means?

Who decides the value of fair value?

Is it applied consistently?

What about deals that were signed before 'fair value' rules were introduced? 

are just 4 questions that I think the PL would have massive issues in answering in a court of law. They may have the answers but given how they performed when Di Marco et al showed them up I genuinely doubt it. I'll say it again, sign the deals, get the cash, spend the cash and argue about it later. Fuck all will happen. You think Everton are going to be challenged about their breach of FFP? Of course not.  

Determining "market value" of sponsorship is a thing. It's a key part of advertising, working out the value of each opportunity is important to both sides. 

The main driver is market size, which you would argue is pretty big for most PL teams due to the TV coverage.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you could basically argue that "market value" is just whatever the current highest deal is because otherwise how do you decide how much lower than that is "fair"? Where do you draw the line?

The problem is that they're trying to regulate something (the value of a particular advert basically) that in the real world just regulates itself. 

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Determining "market value" of sponsorship is a thing. It's a key part of advertising, working out the value of each opportunity is important to both sides. 

The main driver is market size, which you would argue is pretty big for most PL teams due to the TV coverage.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you could basically argue that "market value" is just whatever the current highest deal is because otherwise how do you decide how much lower than that is "fair"? Where do you draw the line?

The problem is that they're trying to regulate something (the value of a particular advert basically) that in the real world just regulates itself. 

It's their attempt to stop 'smaller clubs' from financing themselves to the extent they become a threat to the largest 6 clubs in the League. It's the leash that's been placed around the neck of any ambitious club that threatens the hegemony of the so-called top 6 and it's utter pigshit. 

Money wins. Money fucking wins, it always has and it always will. I don't particularly like it, but it's a fact. Money = power and it'll win out. We'll benefit in due time. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

It's their attempt to stop 'smaller clubs' from financing themselves to the extent they become a threat to the largest 6 clubs in the League. It's the leash that's been placed around the neck of any ambitious club that threatens the hegemony of the so-called top 6 and it's utter pigshit. 

Money wins. Money fucking wins, it always has and it always will. I don't particularly like it, but it's a fact. Money = power and it'll win out. We'll benefit in due time. 

B34E4ADC-2504-4433-A863-97F69BD8B879.thumb.jpeg.b51d2b94dd2629abccde33466c1bfd69.jpeg

1 hour ago, midds said:

That's the strange bit, you'd think they want more clubs awash with cash, make more of a competition of it, instead the Premier league actively wants a closed shop. They've let 2 do it, after that the better you'd think.

What's a fair price for a painting?

Well, I guess it's what someone is prepared to pay, isn't it?

It's always about what the buyer is willing to pay! That's how it is in most buissiness.

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not sure how legit it is but this suggests fun88 is still on

IMG-20220530-WA0049.jpg

Where's that from? I just can't see it if they're trying to hit the Saudi market, as with a gambling logo in a country where gambling is banned, then they're not selling many if that's the case. Me personally, I would buy the new shirt unless that logo is on, as it's fucking horrendous. Surely not :weep:

Edited by et tu brute

59 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

What's a fair price for a painting?

Well, I guess it's what someone is prepared to pay, isn't it?

It's always about what the buyer is willing to pay! That's how it is in most buissiness.

To be fair if I give someone who sells his stuff at Tynemouth market £20million for a painting, I reckon HMRC would be on to us both.

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Where's that from? I just can't see it if they're trying to hit the Saudi market, as with a gambling logo in a country where gambling is banned, then they're not selling many if that's the case. Me personally, I would buy the new shirt unless that logo is on, as it's fucking horrendous. Surely not :weep:

Was posted in a WhatsApp group so unsure how reliable it is.

It would seem odd for it to be fun88 considering the "Saudi" kit that is supposedly being released 

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Was posted in a WhatsApp group so unsure how reliable it is.

It would seem odd for it to be fun88 considering the "Saudi" kit that is supposedly being released 

I'm just hoping it's a backstreet Turkish or Chinese shop who have copied the design and just put the current logo on. Must admit that the photo does fill me with dread though. For 1. we need the sponsorship money and 2. the logo is fucking hideous

Edited by et tu brute

The market value thing is bullshit. If it’s applying to related parties to ownership then they need to come up with a proper parameter for it. It doesn’t make an ounce of sense unless it’s strictly based on type of company ie - tyre or airline company’s have X range. Sponsors can be within that range or x% above in year 1 and have some type of cap or yoy growth cap. If it’s based on club size or position that is extremely prohibitive of market growth and further the aspirations, or strategy of a company. Most importantly the PL itself is really the market and if a company decides to break the ceiling to get market presence or exposure that is up to them. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I'm just hoping it's a backstreet Turkish or Chinese shop who have copied the design and just put the current logo on. Must admit that the photo does fill me with dread though. For 1. we need the sponsorship money and 2. the logo is fucking hideous

The supposed kits images have no logos on. Is that normal with all clubs kits before they are officially released or do even pre-release kits have the logos on. Don't usually follow kits so not sure.

The Fun88 logo doesn’t look like it does on our current kits on that photo though, which makes me think it’s a fake.

On the other hand, Castore have said they’re going to release our kit soon, and the Fun88 deal runs until the end of June. Why would they release a new shirt now, with a nee sponsor on? Unsure if this has been said (CBA looking back)

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

every fun88 kit has a white border on the logo and the badge in that photo looks like a patch too. But hope it’s fake I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

The Fun88 logo doesn’t look like it does on our current kits on that photo though, which makes me think it’s a fake.

On the other hand, Castore have said they’re going to release our kit soon, and the Fun88 deal runs until the end of June. Why would they release a new shirt now, with a nee sponsor on? Unsure if this has been said (CBA looking back)

I'm just hoping the owners would pay any contract up. Just can't see the sense in keeping a gambling logo on a shirt of a club owned by the Saudi PIF. I was hoping to get the green/white and blue kit for the first time in years - no chance if it's Funn88 still.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

every fun88 kit has a white border on the logo and the badge in that photo looks like a patch too. But hope it’s fake I agree. 

What's your gut feeling, must admit I don't have a clue about logos, crests, fakes or genuine as not bought a kit for years? 

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

The Fun88 deal didn't have a stated end-point - just that it is 'multi-year' and 'long-term' when the new deal was signed in 2020.  It would be a bit of a concern if they weren't sacked-off - we don't want to be working under the master negotiator's (Charnley) commercial agreements for long

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-and-fun88-agree-new-partnership/