NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

11 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Strange if that pulled Castore post is real because you'd imagine you'd have caught a glimpse of the sponsors logo, especially if it was fun88?

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

U can’t 

I know you can't, if it was fun88 you'd imagine you'd catch the corner of that on that picture at least?

I dunno, not that chewed either way here tbh [emoji38]

Some Twitter ITK wannabe was saying he’s heard that it’s Lucid cars.

It’s a decent shout as it happens as PIF have invested heavily in them and they are building a factory in Saudi Arabia.

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I know you can't, if it was fun88 you'd imagine you'd catch the corner of that on that picture at least?

I dunno, not that chewed either way here tbh [emoji38]

Good point 

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Fun88 will have a contract until today at least (might be why they’re still posting)

Fingers crossed, if not I don't understand why bring out a shirt aimed at the Saudi market, when it will sell fuck all due to the gambling laws. Just can't see the PIF wanting a gambling firm as the sponsor for another year. Just makes no sense.

Depends what kind of patch it is like. I'd rank it:

Embroided badge directly onto shirt

> Embroided patch >>>>>>>> stick on badges of any kind

With old shirts you can pretty much guarentee that rear lettering and sponsors are gonna deteriorate over the years - but at least you could bank on the brand and badge staying. Some of these new shirts with stick on club badges simply aren't worth buying imo.

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Fingers crossed, if not I don't understand why bring out a shirt aimed at the Saudi market, when it will sell fuck all due to the gambling laws. Just can't see the PIF wanting a gambling firm as the sponsor for another year. Just makes no sense.

I agree, but if it is still Fun88, would they just not sell sponsor-less ones in Saudi Arabia?

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Good point.

Has there been a "big delay"? Most other clubs haven't released kits yet either.

Update: 3 kits released so far (Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City) and Brentford keeping the same kit from last season. But aye, big delay.

Edited by Jack27

Most the time we don't announce the new kit until July so we don't get the chance to do it last game of the season, we did over lockdown as that was tail end of July anyway. Last time I remember us doing that pre-Covid was 2015? The Jonas v West Ham game 

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I agree, but if it is still Fun88, would they just not sell sponsor-less ones in Saudi Arabia?

Maybe, but still seems to make no sense considering we don't get much money from sponsorship and the gambling laws (the sponsor showing on tv). Find out soon anyway.

11 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Depends what kind of patch it is like. I'd rank it:

Embroided badge directly onto shirt

> Embroided patch >>>>>>>> stick on badges of any kind

With old shirts you can pretty much guarentee that rear lettering and sponsors are gonna deteriorate over the years - but at least you could bank on the brand and badge staying. Some of these new shirts with stick on club badges simply aren't worth buying imo.

Leak photo by Castore appears like an embroidered patch. I know players kits generally have it screen printed directly of some kind to lessen the weight etc. 

14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Maybe, but still seems to make no sense considering we don't get much money from sponsorship and the gambling laws (the sponsor showing on tv). Find out soon anyway.

They may not have been able to get out of the Fun88 deal. They can’t just pull out of the contract and if you were fun88 would u want to give up the sponsorship when the club is finally on the up and thousands of shirts will be sold. 

it could just be a case of we are stuck with fun88 till the contract runs out

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

They may not have been able to get out of the Fun88 deal. They can’t just pull out of the contract and if you were fun88 would u want to give up the sponsorship when the club is finally on the up and thousands of shirts will be sold. 

it could just be a case of we are stuck with fun88 till the contract runs out

There's always legal loop jokes for ways out of things (especially in football). Anyway we're all speculating as we don't know what's happening. Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.