NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

chronicle said a few weeks ago the home will be released at the start of June, so more than likely will be unveiled this week? seen a few things of twitter and FB saying Saudi Airlines  are 100% new sponsors  and this will be announced  this week , don't know  how  true  that is though

2 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

chronicle said a few weeks ago the home will be released at the start of June, so more than likely will be unveiled this week? seen a few things of twitter and FB saying Saudi Airlines  are 100% new sponsors  and this will be announced  this week , don't know  how  true  that is though

image.thumb.jpeg.2aa1a2becac2cd4d8a1e088f9a34179e.jpeg
:cool:

23 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Saudi Airlines would be a clever decision as they will be able to directly compare the deal with Man City and Arsenal

Not really, they will argue that both Arsenal and Man City are bigger global brands than us.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Not really, they will argue that both Arsenal and Man City are bigger global brands than us.

If that is the case, then the owners really need to start thinking about court action concerning anti-competition and restraint of trade. 

Saudi arabia is a tax free country why can't they just give every Saudi citizen a home and away strip as part of their social package. That's a population of 35m price the full strip at 100 quid that's revenue of 7bn quid which we can pump directly into transfers. Easy business this... 

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

If that is the case, then the owners really need to start thinking about court action concerning anti-competition and restraint of trade. 

I've maintained this all along, the phrase "fair value" is so ambiguous that any legal challenge to it would create an immediate backdown from the PL.

Who decides what fair value means?

Who decides the value of fair value?

Is it applied consistently?

What about deals that were signed before 'fair value' rules were introduced? 

are just 4 questions that I think the PL would have massive issues in answering in a court of law. They may have the answers but given how they performed when Di Marco et al showed them up I genuinely doubt it. I'll say it again, sign the deals, get the cash, spend the cash and argue about it later. Fuck all will happen. You think Everton are going to be challenged about their breach of FFP? Of course not.  

46 minutes ago, midds said:

I've maintained this all along, the phrase "fair value" is so ambiguous that any legal challenge to it would create an immediate backdown from the PL.

Who decides what fair value means?

Who decides the value of fair value?

Is it applied consistently?

What about deals that were signed before 'fair value' rules were introduced? 

are just 4 questions that I think the PL would have massive issues in answering in a court of law. They may have the answers but given how they performed when Di Marco et al showed them up I genuinely doubt it. I'll say it again, sign the deals, get the cash, spend the cash and argue about it later. Fuck all will happen. You think Everton are going to be challenged about their breach of FFP? Of course not.  

This is the approach that will need to be taken I think

Staveley suggests we'll play by the rules and not do anything to break them but if we do that they'll just put up more restrictions and try to limit us

Telling clubs what the value of their sponsorship is limited to is ludicrous and like you say won't hold up in court