NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

25 minutes ago, Decky said:

Fucking hell have we really had Fun88 for five years? 

Yep, can't think of a more fitting sponsor for Ashley's cheap and nasty version of NUFC.  Though I suppose an online gambling company is marginally less depressing than a loan shark - sorry, payday lender.  Though there is a symbiotic relationship between the two - how many tapped up Wonga due to gambling addictions, I wonder.

5 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not sure how legit it is but this suggests fun88 is still on

IMG-20220530-WA0049.jpg

Couple of things that make me think its fake. The crest looks stuck on, rather than embroidered. The Fun88 logo usually has a white border (which gave us the big 4 on this season's kit). I also think the lettering on the Fun88 bit looks off, a bit too thin maybe? A better picture would help obviously. 

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Couple of things that make me think its fake. The crest looks stuck on, rather than embroidered. The Fun88 logo usually has a white border (which gave us the big 4 on this season's kit). I also think the lettering on the Fun88 bit looks off, a bit too thin maybe? A better picture would help obviously. 

It is fake 

it’s from Twitter and the post states it’s a fake from turkey 

They obviously want to sell shirts quickly so they have used the fun88 logo 

that’s not saying it won’t be fun88 (however) if I was a Betting man (pun intended) 

I would guess the home strip is due out tomorrow and won’t have fun88 on the front

all guess work. (Apart from the Turkish bit above is 100% true)

the post even has #fakeyjakey

Just our luck that Ashley and Charnley probably signed a contract with Fun88 that can’t be broken or paid off. With betting companies allowed on shirts still (and in the future from what I heard yesterday), a lack of news regarding new sponsorship, and leaks about signing money being limited due to FFP (sponsorship), it may well be that we have to stick to the same sponsor for another year. Knowing that they don’t HAVE to go, Fun88 wouldn’t want to just leave, with all the shirts about to be flying off the shelves. 

fingers crossed that I’m being ultra pessimistic though.

25 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

It’s not the same design though the one leaked had white along the shoulders where it joins the front of the top. It will be some dodgy Turkish company creating snides 

I know this will seem a stupid question, but here goes - With the cost of living rising, and all of the other financial issues people may be facing, would you pay 'top whack' for an original new shirt or don't mind and pay less for a fake / rip off ?

5 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

I know this will seem a stupid question, but here goes - With the cost of living rising, and all of the other financial issues people may be facing, would you pay 'top whack' for an original new shirt or don't mind and pay less for a fake / rip off ?

Regardless of the cost I'd have to shift a few clem  before I squeezed into a Castore top. 

Made for Arjen Robben them

4 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Original. It supports the club, which in turn helps FFP spend. Our new owners will  re-inject the profit from shirt sales back into the club. It’s a  no brainier for me. Oh and the quality is usually better when purchasing an original. Although Turkish genuine fakes are pretty good! [emoji38]

56 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Based on the shirts I've seen in Thailand/Vietnam then I'd give the fakes a miss. Not based on any moral issues but more that the quality was poor.

Hasn't been an issue as never considered buying a shirt under Ashley.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

Just our luck that Ashley and Charnley probably signed a contract with Fun88 that can’t be broken or paid off. With betting companies allowed on shirts still (and in the future from what I heard yesterday), a lack of news regarding new sponsorship, and leaks about signing money being limited due to FFP (sponsorship), it may well be that we have to stick to the same sponsor for another year. Knowing that they don’t HAVE to go, Fun88 wouldn’t want to just leave, with all the shirts about to be flying off the shelves. 

fingers crossed that I’m being ultra pessimistic though.

It’ll be able to be paid off, but why would

you at this juncture if you’re NUFC? Not likely to be able to raise a massive sum in the ultra short term because of these rules around market rate sponsorship, and the government are likely to legislate on gambling shirt sponsorship soon.

In all likelihood it’ll make greater financial sense to spend 12 months focusing on growing the other commercial revenue streams into the club and improving our league position. It’s not entirely inconceivable we’ll have a clean break with Fun88, and we’ll have a much stronger hand at arguing our fair market value should be much greater than it would be now.

1 hour ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Both , 1 real 

2 fake (DHgate)

3 minutes ago, christ said:

you at this juncture if you’re NUFC? Not likely to be able to raise a massive sum in the ultra short term because of these rules around market rate sponsorship, and the government are likely to legislate on gambling shirt sponsorship soon.

In all likelihood it’ll make greater financial sense to spend 12 months focusing on growing the other commercial revenue streams into the club and improving our league position. It’s not entirely inconceivable we’ll have a clean break with Fun88, and we’ll have a much stronger hand at arguing our fair market value should be much greater than it would be now.

Government are likely to allow betting sponsorship

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gambling-company-logos-on-sports-shirts-among-reforms-to-be-watered-down-trqpshhj8

Guest HTT II

The snides I’ve bought over the years from China have been far superior to the Pumu/Wonga/Fun88 shite mind, and didn’t include sponsors :lol:

10 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

We’ve got bigger fish to fry than betting now.

Saudi have money in almost all of the worlds biggest companies.

Absolutely. Just saying that there isn’t an urgency with regards to government legislation about changing sponsor. Our owners should have other ideas, but with seemingly nothing changing imminently, maybe the clubs hands are tied for the time being.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Absolutely. Just saying that there isn’t an urgency with regards to government legislation about changing sponsor. Our owners should have other ideas, but with seemingly nothing changing imminently, maybe the clubs hands are tied for the time being.

Or maybe not 

1 hour ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Haven't bought one in ages due to the sponsor but always original for Newcastle, would happily wear fakes for foreign tops 

1 hour ago, christ said:

This :thup:. Despite hearing murmurs of Saudia being the new sponsor, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fun88 are still on the shirt for the coming season.