Are you now completely finished with NUFC?

Mr. Snrub

This forum is all that keeps me attached to the club at this point. And I'm honestly more excited to see a new post in the Shoe Council thread than anything in the Football forum.

This. I swear if it weren't for this place, I'd have almost no connection with NUFC whatsoever. It's the equivalent of being down the local with a few old war buddies, reminiscing about the days of old, and hoping we'll all still be around by the time the lean times return.

If you're "completely finished", then arguably you never were a fan of NUFC in the first place. If Bobby's quote has any meaning, it's that you can never be finished with a club just because of what the current players/management/directors do. That said, I'm probably where a lot of others are - my last actual game was so long ago I couldn't even tell you who it was against, never mind the result. I'd decline any offer of a ticket these days. I no longer get upset by a defeat or elated at a win, and can barely bring myself to even watch the game if it's not on Sky. I only watched the game yesterday as I had nothing better to do, but the result was hardly a surprise. A derby loss has never been greeted by me with such an underwhelming reaction - it only mattered slightly more than any other defeat simply because it relieved the pressure on Sunderland. But done with the club? Or hoping they get relegated? No way. I can't even get my head around that sort of outlook. Maybe some people think our immediate return from the Championship just like last time is a foregone conclusion - there's only one word for that - madness. Sure, I'd trade the next five years of an Ashley top fight team with five years of exciting play in the Championship, but the realist in me recognises that if we didn't make it out at the first attempt, we would soon be left behind without unprecedented levels of investment (which is of course no longer possible due to FFP). And so I think we would at best stagnate mid table. At best. And I can't see any upside to stagnating in the Championship over stagnating in the Premier League, if the only difference was who owned the club. Done with Ashley? Yes. Done with the club? No. Done with hope? No. Ashley cannot kill my hope, because it's all I have left to give the club.

Good post.

Guest firetotheworks

See, I find it hard to understand that someone would rather stay in this pergatory dressed as heaven under Ashley, than go through the hell of relegation if it meant getting rid of him. I don't see the point in staying in this league just to exist, when we could go down a level, two levels and for our hope to exist. In this situation we actively do not want to succeed in the way that we view it and that's not going to change. Whether Ashley 'cannot kill your hope' or not, it's fruitless because there ISN'T any hope, blindly following and hope are not the same thing. What is the point in supporting this?

Guest firetotheworks

Don't worry. If this thread was about our love for NUFC after a win over Sunderland, Crumpy would be telling us it's a kneejerk and that we're shit.

If you're "completely finished", then arguably you never were a fan of NUFC in the first place:lol: If Bobby's quote has any meaning, it's that you can never be finished with a club just because of what the current players/management/directors do. That said, I'm probably where a lot of others are - my last actual game was so long ago I couldn't even tell you who it was against, never mind the result. I'd decline any offer of a ticket these days. I no longer get upset by a defeat or elated at a win, and can barely bring myself to even watch the game if it's not on Sky. I only watched the game yesterday as I had nothing better to do, but the result was hardly a surprise. A derby loss has never been greeted by me with such an underwhelming reaction - it only mattered slightly more than any other defeat simply because it relieved the pressure on Sunderland. But done with the club? Or hoping they get relegated? No way. I can't even get my head around that sort of outlook. Maybe some people think our immediate return from the Championship just like last time is a foregone conclusion - there's only one word for that - madness. Sure, I'd trade the next five years of an Ashley top fight team with five years of exciting play in the Championship, but the realist in me recognises that if we didn't make it out at the first attempt, we would soon be left behind without unprecedented levels of investment (which is of course no longer possible due to FFP). And so I think we would at best stagnate mid table. At best. And I can't see any upside to stagnating in the Championship over stagnating in the Premier League, if the only difference was who owned the club. Done with Ashley? Yes. Done with the club? No. Done with hope? No. Ashley cannot kill my hope, because it's all I have left to give the club.

Good post. :lol:

Horseshit.

NUFC is dying, if it were an animal it would have been shot. And we as a gullible, pliant fanbase are getting just what we deserve.

See, I find it hard to understand that someone would rather stay in this pergatory dressed as heaven under Ashley, than go through the hell of relegation if it meant getting rid of him. I don't see the point in staying in this league just to exist, when we could go down a level, two levels and for our hope to exist. In this situation we actively do not want to succeed in the way that we view it and that's not going to change. Whether Ashley 'cannot kill your hope' or not, it's fruitless because there ISN'T any hope, blindly following and hope are not the same thing. What is the point in supporting this?

Well, would you rather be a hopeful Newcastle fan, or a hopeful Leeds/Sheffield United/Blackburn/[insert any other big club which has spent a good few years in the lower leagues] fan?

It's no picnic being an NUFC fan under Ashley, but it's hardly purgatory. And it's not like we don't know what the aim of the club is under this regime. I don't like it, but I'd take that over being in the position Sheff Utd etc find themselves in. I'd even take it over being a gunners fan, being constantly fed shite about how they're all about the trophies and not 4th place, or a spurs fan being told they're not being run as a business and they have genuine chance to become a top 4 club with just one or two more players. They're the fans who are being lied to.

My hope is not forelorne. It's based on the fact that all we have in the way of our ambitions is the owner. Can the gunners or the yids say that? Christ, can the mackems say that? I almost pissed myself when Saint Niall suggested all they need to do to turn their basket case of club around is persuade the 'little general' to stick around beyond the end of the season.

Don't know enough about the current status of those clubs, and whether their boards are attempting to get them to win some games. But I'd 10 relegations if it meant the board would fuck off and be replaced by someone with ambition.

Don't know enough about the current status of those clubs, and whether their boards are attempting to get them to win some games. But I'd 10 relegations if it meant the board would f*** off and be replaced by someone with ambition.

10 Relegations?

Seriously man. What the fuck are you about?

Well, would you rather be a hopeful Newcastle fan, or a hopeful Leeds/Sheffield United/Blackburn/[insert any other big club which has spent a good few years in the lower leagues] fan?

It's no picnic being an NUFC fan under Ashley, but it's hardly purgatory. And it's not like we don't know what the aim of the club is under this regime. I don't like it, but I'd take that over being in the position Sheff Utd etc find themselves in. I'd even take it over being a gunners fan, being constantly fed shite about how they're all about the trophies and not 4th place, or a spurs fan being told they're not being run as a business and they have genuine chance to become a top 4 club with just one or two more players. They're the fans who are being lied to.

My hope is not forelorne. It's based on the fact that all we have in the way of our ambitions is the owner. Can the gunners or the yids say that? Christ, can the mackems say that? I almost pissed myself when Saint Niall suggested all they need to do to turn their basket case of club around is persuade the 'little general' to stick around beyond the end of the season.

You what mate? :lol:

getting relegated 10 times

You class yourself as a "supporter" of Newcastle, and you're saying shit like this.

Wow.

Yep. No point in us right now. Not trying to do anything. I don't support this NUFC.

You class yourself as a "supporter" of Newcastle, and you're saying s*** like this.

Wow.

I'd much rather support a Newcastle United that attempted to be a f***ing sporting club. Maybe you've forgotten what a professional sport club is about so let me do the painfully obvious here....we aren't going out there to compete to win matches, we aren't trying to develop any local talent nor recruit any local talent, we aren't trying to retain our best players, we aren't trying to sign any new players to improve the squad, we aren't trying to hire the best manager possible to lead this club, we aren't trying to hire director or chairman with knowledge of football. What exactly is the point of our club if not to promote Sports Direct? What is exactly is the point of supporting a football club that doesn't give an ounce back of what WE put into the club?

If you can't see through this bull shit then anyone who "supports the team" in the manner they do are just as weak and implicit as the rest of the lambs that turn up and drink this shit up.

You class yourself as a "supporter" of Newcastle, and you're saying s*** like this.

Wow.

I'd much rather support a Newcastle United that attempted to be a f***ing sporting club. Maybe you've forgotten what a professional sport club is about so let me do the painfully obvious here....we aren't going out there to compete to win matches, we aren't trying to develop any local talent nor recruit any local talent, we aren't trying to retain our best players, we aren't trying to sign any new players to improve the squad, we aren't trying to hire the best manager possible to lead this club, we aren't trying to hire director or chairman with knowledge of football. What exactly is the point of our club if not to promote Sports Direct? What is exactly is the point of supporting a football club that doesn't give an ounce back of what WE put into the club?

If you can't see through this bull s*** then anyone who "supports the team" in the manner they do are just as weak and implicit as the rest of the lambs that turn up and drink this s*** up.

I've consistently said we've got real problems. Many of the points you've said are valid. I'm not saying we're progressing forward in a positive manner.

But 10 relegations? Come on man. It's just a stupid and illogical comment.

I'd take 10 relegations if it meant a full clean-out of the thieving, p*ss-taking, defeatist c***s who run this club were gone. I can no longer support a club owned by someone who has no respect for the people who support it today, yesterday, or the future.