Are you now completely finished with NUFC?

Mr. Snrub

The problem is, why would Ashley go away when the club's earning money AND remaining in EPL?  This doesn't make sense actually.  You could see nearly all other teams investing as much as they can to remain in EPL, whilst we are doing the opposite.  On the other hand, it's not easy for Ashley to find a buyer, or else he would have sold it 4 years ago.

NUFC is dead.  Certified.  We should support other teams in the region e.g. Gateshead, and hope they will pay back the faith in the future.  Even if it's 10 years, at least there is hope.

It's very hard to not follow the games, I'll be trying for the rest of this season. What has gone is the feeling, I don't react to goals for either team or results any more.

When Defoe scored today I just thought 'what a fantastic goal', which isn't how I used to react to opponents scoring.

That's how I feel. I have loads of uni study on so decided to plod on at home with the radio on. The Ashley regime has almost completely killed my interest in the club at the moment.

The problem is, why would Ashley go away when the club's earning money AND remaining in EPL?  This doesn't make sense actually.  You could see nearly all other teams investing as much as they can to remain in EPL, whilst we are doing the opposite.  On the other hand, it's not easy for Ashley to find a buyer, or else he would have sold it 4 years ago.

NUFC is dead.  Certified.  We should support other teams in the region e.g. Gateshead, and hope they will pay back the faith in the future.  Even if it's 10 years, at least there is hope.

He doesn't want to sell man, maybe he did in the early days and the Keegan fallout but he's not going to sell the club for anything other than mega money due to the exposure it gets SD. Or I suppose he might sell but in return will absolutely want guaranteed image rights in the stadium, probably free hoarding and shirt sponsorship in return etc.

What he's screwed down at rangers basically.

I am not finished I just hope by luck to get a good manager and get our fortune up. Ashley can not change but something can happen.Here I hope.

Yeah, we go down. Ashley will never appoint a good manager. We're fucked.

I hope carver gets the job full time and takes the club down just to spite Ashley since everything the cunt does with this club is to spite the fans.

The only thing he understands is money and the next tv deal will finally see clubs being able to operate without any income from match day or merchandise. If he's still here when that kicks in he will never leave. I'd love to see him miss out on it.

I'll never be completly finished with the club, maybe if this place closed down Id lose most of my connection to the club. It wouldn't be a bad thing in all honesty.  :'(

Under Ashley I sincerely hope we get relegated multiple times.

Knock the the f***ing club down, salt the earth and start again. It isn't the same club I fell in love with as a little lad, it's an exercise in futility even supporting them. As long as we stay in the league and he skims the tv money he's happy.

A f***ing plague on the supporters that keep blindly attending, I'm sorry but they're the reason we keep getting dry bummed. I wonder how much of a f***ing great advert it'd be for sports direct to have an empty f***ing stadium for 2 or 3 televised games.

We've not the bottle for it though. Deserve everything we f***ing get.

Guest TruToon94

Only connection I have is this forum. I'm 99.9% finished until Ashley goes.

Same here. Been doing a one man boycott for two years now. Only way to hit him where it hurts.

I refused to watch the game yesterday. I knew it would be a loss, like everyone pretty much did. I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

I really didn't think it would get this low where watching us, in particular against our rivals, would be deemed a total waste of my time. To be honest the writing was on the wall the moment we took the whole of January to appoint Carver.

I first thought Pardew leaving was the start of a possible revolution at the club. The possibility of Remi Garde coming in made me believe for a second that with a higher caliber of coaching setup we could bring back some good football and try to win more. It would even forgive our 'buy young sell for high price' policy if we were investing in a great coaching setup.

The appointment of Carver truly underlined the real intentions of this club. They've played the "wait til summer card" but given how awful Carver has been, just as fans predicted, we may even end up not being in the top flight to make that summer decision in the same vein. I almost wish we do get relegated - purely as fuck you to Ashley.

Fuck this club, fuck Ashley. Many fans, pundits and media writers defended Pardew citing Ashley as the main culprit when there was fan pressure to oust him. With the AshleyOut.Com brigade now in swing I hope there is more of a united front in standing up for what's right for the club. Who the fuck could stand up and defend Ashley after the last 8 years culminating to this moment...

Been finished with the club for over a year now, best thing I ever done stopped wasting my money on going to watch such shit. To be honest it's at a point where I don't think the passion etc will ever come back even under an owner/manager that wants the best for NUFC. Long gone are the days where the fans have someone to connect to. Carver is a fucking mess, a deluded pathetic little mug.

I think I'm almost at that point of being "done", yes.

I had the match on yesterday, but was more background noise than anything, looked up when Defoe scored and for the odd couple seconds, but saw nothing to make me think it wasn't a typical NUFC Pardew/Carver performance.

Personally, if Carver gets the job permanently, I'll be done.

If we get a half decent manager in (:lol:) and spend some money in the summer (:lol:) then I'll consider taking an interest in us again, but atm the club is soulless.

Players don't care, a lot of fans don't care, and owner doesn't care aslong as we stay up.

Not much of a point in supporting this club anymore.

Almost wish we get relegated too. The club being in the Premier League is of no benefit to us fans with the severe lack of ambition (who gives a fuck if we end up 12th or 16th?) so I rather see us go down just to spite the fat slug, even if it won't make him sell up.

I'd rather be in the Championship without him than in the Premier League with things the way they are now.

I'm just so sick and tired of the whole mess.

Find it strange that some people think/thought when Pardew went it was the start of a new beginning, that a manager like Garde would change our fortunes around, but now Carver has fucked it just the same.

When will people realise that we could get Mourinho in as a manager and the club still only wants to finish around 10th, not qualify for Europe and not go on a cup run? It doesn't matter whether McLaren/Garde/Carver are in charge next season, it will be the same.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not completely done and never will be, but I'm essentially just waiting at the moment. My financial investment in the club ended in 2012 and my emotional investment not long after. The club exists and it's there, but my care for it only extends to hoping everything changes so that I can feel something again. I've said this a million times, but I'm supporting an idea that now only exists in my head. Nowhere else gets it, not the media, not other fans, not the club itself, and not a lot of our own fans.

As soon as that idea is extinct rather than dormant then I'd be completely finished, but I dunno if that'll ever happen or if I'll give up.

I know I should fight for change in the same way that we did to oust Pardew, but our own fans are half of the problem. If they're getting what they want then it's hard to tell them they're wrong. Obviously they are, but it still feels hopeless.

I feel more part of this forum than I do the club and it's been the best thing about NUFC for years and years.

Find it strange that some people think/thought when Pardew went it was the start of a new beginning, that a manager like Garde would change our fortunes around, but now Carver has f***ed it just the same.

When will people realise that we could get Mourinho in as a manager and the club still only wants to finish around 10th, not qualify for Europe and not go on a cup run? It doesn't matter whether McLaren/Garde/Carver are in charge next season, it will be the same.

If you kill enough symptoms you might kill the disease. Carver is just another symptom along with Wonga, Papa John's, Charnley, Ashley and Stifler.

Almost wish we get relegated too. The club being in the Premier League is of no benefit to us fans with the severe lack of ambition (who gives a fuck if we end up 12th or 16th?) so I rather see us go down just to spite the fat slug, even if it won't make him sell up.

I'd rather be in the Championship without him than in the Premier League with things the way they are now.

I'm just so sick and tired of the whole mess.

I do wish we'd get relegated.  What do we get from being in the prem?  Fuck all.  Pushing for promotion and actually trying to win something would be a thousand times better than this zombie state we're in now.

Find it strange that some people think/thought when Pardew went it was the start of a new beginning, that a manager like Garde would change our fortunes around, but now Carver has f***ed it just the same.

If you kill enough symptoms you might kill the disease. Carver is just another symptom along with Wonga, Papa John's, Charnley, Ashley and Stifler.

:lol:

Guest YonderStar

Under Ashley I sincerely hope we get relegated multiple times.

Knock the the f***ing club down, salt the earth and start again. It isn't the same club I fell in love with as a little lad, it's an exercise in futility even supporting them. As long as we stay in the league and he skims the tv money he's happy.

A f***ing plague on the supporters that keep blindly attending, I'm sorry but they're the reason we keep getting dry bummed. I wonder how much of a f***ing great advert it'd be for sports direct to have an empty f***ing stadium for 2 or 3 televised games.

We've not the bottle for it though. Deserve everything we f***ing get.

agree 100%, a boycott of all home games is the only way to change things, or sorry to try to change things, it may rid us of Ashley or it may not, but it is worth a try because as things stand a full stadium every home game just encourages him to carry on fucking us over, anyone who says "support the team not the regime" is backward because you cannot support one without supporting the other, simply by going to the match you are effectively giving the regime the thumbs up.

If you're "completely finished", then arguably you never were a fan of NUFC in the first place. If Bobby's quote has any meaning, it's that you can never be finished with a club just because of what the current players/management/directors do. That said, I'm probably where a lot of others are - my last actual game was so long ago I couldn't even tell you who it was against, never mind the result. I'd decline any offer of a ticket these days. I no longer get upset by a defeat or elated at a win, and can barely bring myself to even watch the game if it's not on Sky. I only watched the game yesterday as I had nothing better to do, but the result was hardly a surprise. A derby loss has never been greeted by me with such an underwhelming reaction - it only mattered slightly more than any other defeat simply because it relieved the pressure on Sunderland. But done with the club? Or hoping they get relegated? No way. I can't even get my head around that sort of outlook. Maybe some people think our immediate return from the Championship just like last time is a foregone conclusion - there's only one word for that - madness. Sure, I'd trade the next five years of an Ashley top fight team with five years of exciting play in the Championship, but the realist in me recognises that if we didn't make it out at the first attempt, we would soon be left behind without unprecedented levels of investment (which is of course no longer possible due to FFP). And so I think we would at best stagnate mid table. At best. And I can't see any upside to stagnating in the Championship over stagnating in the Premier League, if the only difference was who owned the club. Done with Ashley? Yes. Done with the club? No. Done with hope? No. Ashley cannot kill my hope, because it's all I have left to give the club.