Are you now completely finished with NUFC?

Mr. Snrub

Guest neesy111

The subject of this thread is ridiculous, if our current situation deters you from supporting our club - good riddance.

Look at me, I'm a supafan.

I've not read any of the previous posts in this thread, so apologies if this is not in line with the current chat.

The subject of this thread is ridiculous, if our current situation deters you from supporting our club - good riddance.

You should support the club; the owners, managers, staff and players all change (sometimes on a very regular basis) - but you should still stand/sit there for 90 minutes supporting the club.

If you are happy to walk away because we have an owner you don't like at the minute, or a player you dislike, then it's a "cya" from me.

No doubt many will disagree, but that's my personal feelings on the matter.

I'll put my attendance record against yours anytime of the day - how dare you even start  to try and criticise people for not going because the club is being ran dry and not one ounce of ambition being demonstrated. Subject is ridiculous is it - don't talk utter s*** and while you're at it f*** off superfan wannabe!

Thanks for your delightful response.

If you care to read my post properly, I was referring to people who are happy to walk away from the club completely and not just not attend games.

Not attending games can be down to preference, money, travel etc.

I have no issue with fans who cannot/choose not to attend games, I have an issue with fans who change supporting clubs like picking a new t-shirt.

And I am one who is more than happy to walk away after 40 years of attending games due to the state of the club in every single department - I don't criticise you for attending so don't even dare to criticise me for not attending. As I said I'll put my attendance record against yours any day  of the week.

Would you walk back to the club in 20 years with no Ashley, open exciting attacking football, trophies and hooter's providing the bar staff?

If the answer is a no, then fair play.

I've not read any of the previous posts in this thread, so apologies if this is not in line with the current chat.

You should support the club; the owners, managers, staff and players all change (sometimes on a very regular basis) - but you should still stand/sit there for 90 minutes supporting the club.

If you are happy to walk away because we have an owner you don't like at the minute, or a player you dislike, then it's a "cya" from me.

I'll put my attendance record against yours anytime of the day - how dare you even start  to try and criticise people for not going because the club is being ran dry and not one ounce of ambition being demonstrated. Subject is ridiculous is it - don't talk utter s*** and while you're at it f*** off superfan wannabe!

If you care to read my post properly, I was referring to people who are happy to walk away from the club completely and not just not attend games.

I have no issue with fans who cannot/choose not to attend games, I have an issue with fans who change supporting clubs like picking a new t-shirt.

Who's doing that like?

I've not said nobody has - if you read my initial post in this thread...

It's not ridiculous at all - if Ashley's not made you completely apathetic about our club then please tell us your secrets!

For someone picking into the semantics of the title you did go ahead and do a double negative there

ok fine i'm not finished with NUFC by letter, i'm done with paying ashley anything as much as I can possibly avoid and I'm done with feeling anything about us losing. I actively want us to go down, so no, not completely finished I guess

Hooray - the voice of reason.

Honestly, the utter negativity on this board worries me. Posters wanting us to get relegated? Like the WTF. No deal at all.

How is it possible to be this fucking thick? You want to stay in the PL achieving nothing whatsoever for the next 30 years?

Honestly, the utter negativity on this board worries me. Posters wanting us to get relegated? Like the WTF. No deal at all.

How is it possible to be this f***ing thick? You want to stay in the PL achieving nothing whatsoever for the next 30 years?

We'll lets get relegated then - it will fix all of our problems in a heartbeat.

How is it possible to be this f***ing thick? You want to stay in the PL achieving nothing whatsoever for the next 30 years?

What will fix all our problems in a heartbeat?

Only connection I have is this forum. I'm 99.9% finished until Ashley goes.

Even that connection is fading for me. It's easier not to think about football at all right now. Yesterday's game was one of the few to get me actually wound up enough to even bother posting.

What will fix all our problems in a heartbeat?

Relegation. If not in a heartbeat, according to axel it means we will have a greater chance of achieving something in the next 30 years.

Not wishing relegation on the club means you're fucking thick too apparently.

And I am one who is more than happy to walk away after 40 years of attending games due to the state of the club in every single department - I don't criticise you for attending so don't even dare to criticise me for not attending. As I said I'll put my attendance record against yours any day  of the week.

Would you walk back to the club in 20 years with no Ashley, open exciting attacking football, trophies and hooter's providing the bar staff?

Saw my first match in 1965 so the answer is probably no.

Eh, i don't get how it's only a moral stand if you refuse to support the regime if when the regime is gone you still don't go back to the club??? Eh? Mind I wouldn't be a fan of hooters but I am a lefty who doesn't like objectifying women, and gay so probably not onto a winner there.

Oh ffs i'll stop feeding the troll

No one's said that and continuing to frame the issue in such a way is ridiculous. If you accept that Ashley's primary, almost sole motivation as NUFC owner is profit maximization (because that should be clear to everyone by this point), it logically follows that he would have less interest in holding on to a club that's failing to earn him money. Relegation would undoubtedly put a major dent in his pocketbook: the disparity in wealth between the PL and Championship is ridiculous.

Of course it could backfire and we could "do a Leeds" (which is really not a legitimate reason to be worried about relegation considering the completely different circumstances surrounding Leeds and today's Newcastle). But holding fast where we are, ambition-less and content to simply exist as a PL team and nothing more, is clearly not ever going to force Ashley to reconsider his ownership of the club.

How can you not read the opening post and waltz in with such shite? No one is changing clubs and piss off insinuating anyone on here is leaving to wait for a point where it's all rosy again. Noone should fund a toxic regime actively intentionally degrading and damaging this club. That's what's happening and sugarcoat that role however you like but don't paint those on here as fair weather glory hunters.

No one's said that and continuing to frame the issue in such a way is ridiculous. If you accept that Ashley's primary, almost sole motivation as NUFC owner is profit maximization (because that should be clear to everyone by this point), it logically follows that he would have less interest in holding on to a club that's failing to earn him money. Relegation would undoubtedly put a major dent in his pocketbook: the disparity in wealth between the PL and Championship is ridiculous.

Of course it could backfire and we could "do a Leeds" (which is really not a legitimate reason to be worried about relegation considering the completely different circumstances surrounding Leeds and today's Newcastle). But holding fast where we are, ambition-less and content to simply exist as a PL team and nothing more, is clearly not ever going to force Ashley to reconsider his ownership of the club.

Can't speak for others, but I have trouble accepting that tbh.

The only thing I feel I know about Ashley is that he will categorically not be putting any more of his own money into the club and has been running it solely on that aim since his first year (not even sure he gives a toss about the piddling profits we now make).

Getting relegated won't hurt him much personally or in the pocket, it'll just knock the club back into more cost cutting.

Guest ElCid

I'll walk back anytime when the club is ran by a person with ambition and we have a board, coaching staff and team who give a f*** about the fans. If you want to support a regime that is quite blatantly just taking the p*ss out of you then go for it. Don't try and preach to me you're a better supporter because your head is up your arse because you're certainly not in anyway. As I said superfan wannabe or you think you are anyway.

The only thing I feel I know about Ashley is that he will categorically not be putting any more of his own money into the club and has been running it solely on that aim since his first year (not even sure he gives a toss about the piddling profits we now make).

Getting relegated won't hurt him much personally or in the pocket, it'll just knock the club back into more cost cutting.

If he's not motivated by maximizing profit and he's not motivated by competing, why the hell does he even bother owning the club? Why the hell would anyone bother owning a football club if not for one of those reasons?

And as the owner of this club, the club losing value certainly hurts his bottom line.

Relegation will definitely hurt us more than him personally. It would hit his businesses badly though. he'd have a hard job promoting SD on an international scale if we weren't in the premier.

:lol: :lol: nah he;s not in it for the profits man

:lol: BottledDog's always been banging the same drum, he's just understandably piped down with it a bit as things have progressed.

If he's not motivated by maximizing profit and he's not motivated by competing, why the hell does he even bother owning the club? Why the hell would anyone bother owning a football club if not for one of those reasons?

He bought it for fun. Fun stopped.

As long as it doesn't cost him anything (which it wont bar a potential sale value drop), and nobody is willing to take it off his hands, he can just sit back and use it to flog SD for nothing.

I'm more hopeful that he starts getting some enjoyment from it again than I am of him getting upset by things like relegation hurting paltry profits and fucking off. And that hope is negligible at best. :buck2:

He bought it for fun. Fun stopped.

As long as it doesn't cost him anything (which it wont bar a potential sale value drop), and nobody is willing to take it off his hands, he can just sit back and use it to flog SD for nothing.

I'm more hopeful that he starts getting some enjoyment from it again than I am of him getting upset by things like relegation hurting paltry profits and walking. And that hope is negligible at best.

Doesn't make it any less deplorable.