Are you now completely finished with NUFC?

Mr. Snrub

I will never be completely done with NUFC, that is impossible.

But I can proudly say I haven't put a single pound directly into the club or Sports Direct since the home game against Hull back in September. And that is set to continue.

If things do change (the ownership), we will all be back in a flash, which is why the current situation is so frustrating.

I am at rock bottom but like others have said I can never be completely finished with the club as it has been such a big part of my life  but I haven't gone or spent a penny on them  in ages but deep down there is a little flame still flickering away in the breeze, refusing to go out.

We as a fan base are like a beaten dog. Taking the blows day after day cowering and then coming back to lick the owners hand. But one day, one day we as a collective will have had enough and he will hit us one too many times and we will bite back. This point should have come years ago but at some point in the future it will.

Don't think I'll ever finish with NUFC but I certainly don't give a damn anymore, and have been for a while.

No way am I leaving my childhood love, no way. But I hope my passion and my love will one day return, thats why I'm not jacking it in.

Sorry, but these are the worst threads to start on the back of (yet another) derby defeat. 100% of the people that log on this forum (as a member), do so for a reason? You can probably be 99% done with the club, and I think most forum members were - long before this game.

The ones you should be questioning, are those who attend the games and continue to renew their STs. If you can't force Ashley out, it is beyond me why you keep bothering yourself fighting for something that's long lost.

Don't blame Carver, you know you'd take the job too if you got the chance, even if you knew you weren't up for it. Channel your fury at Mike Ashley and those that turns up, and actually pays for this shit to go on.

Guest alijmitchell

I'm out. Didn't watch today because I knew exactly what was happening. The only surprise was it wasn't embarassing. Maybe in years if ownership, manager, structure and fans significantly change, if we get relegated to the third then I could come back, but really that is it. This could should be demolished and run into the ground. Football/NUFC is a thing of past for me.

Like all of us, my blood will always bleed black and white. St James' Park will always be the place my dad took me to my first match, and where I fell in love with the game. However, just as countries declare that 'they do not recognise' another state which has been subject of a coup-d'etat, I do not recognise Newcastle United. It is not a sporting club, but a shop window, where football is of tertiary importance after profit and giving prominence to red and blue livery.

If match-going supporters wish to continue paying money and giving support to Sports Direct Balance Sheet Inc, don't expect anything other than cheap imitation fakery of a football club. A Lonsdale trainer. It's about time this disease of apathy translated into action against the person who has stolen our identity. I don't care who is or will be the manager, I don't care who leaves or signs, and I don't care whether we are relegated or 'fight' for 10th place. It's not my football club.

Get angry or walk away...the ultimate treason would be apathetic acceptance.

Never completely but no penny has gone to it for a long time and it will remain that way.

This, it's one of my main interests alongside music and cinema but that's all it is really now - an interest.  This forum's become the best thing about NUFC.

:thup:

I still follow what's going on, but I don't watch or listen to games or identify as a fan.

I don't blame Carver - he is just your average fan, really. If the club has any chance to save itself (and FWIW, I don't think it does now) the fans have to change.

The media and Ashley executed a perfect hatchet job on them. It's dead impressive objectively :lol:

1. Build up a 'delusions of grandeur' tag until the indigenous folk become too self-conscious to make a fuss about anything

2. Incrementally lower expectations until such time that any protest is meaningless once the TV deal kicks in.

Funnily enough though, most of the fans still don't care enough to protest - or realise they futility of it, but inexplicably accept what is served rather than walk away. Stockholm'd to fuck :lol:

Really sacking off NUFC, to the point of cutting it out of my life completely, would inevitably mean giving up N-O too. Not about to do that. :lol:

I don't live in the UK, so it's easy enough for me to not spend any money on the club.

I get my football fix largely from MLS these days. Quality's obviously not great, but it's not a pretentious league either and the matches are generally entertaining. Refreshing to watch a league in which every single club's top priority is winning games. This whole "we want to be an average team and not challenge for silverware" bullshit just wouldn't fly. To put things into perspective, the league completely dissolved a club last season whose owner wasn't sufficiently pro-active in putting together the best club he could.

That's the blight that is killing us, abject apathy. Nearly all on here have made the stand and walked, depriving the club of their cash, but that is futile unless either a) more follow or b) those that sit in apathy wake the fuck up and give him hell. He's living in a perfect world right now, the trouble makers have gone and the stands are full of zombies that don't feel the flogging they're getting every week. 4 derby humiliations didn't stir a whimper, guaranteed thus one won't either. We're our own clichéd worst enemy, or those that stay are.

I still feel that the Ashley regime in its current form could be successful and it wouldn't cost the fat twat anything, but it would shave off the profits and a modicum of success would wake people up and breed ambition. Ultimately that's what he's trying to avoid.

When the club clearly don't give a fuck, it's hard to feel anything but apathy.

Where do we go from here? Fuck knows.

There is no change until Ashley sells or dies. Don't give a fuck which is first.

Really sacking off NUFC, to the point of cutting it out of my life completely, would inevitably mean giving up N-O too. Not about to do that. :lol:

I don't live in the UK, so it's easy enough for me to not spend any money on the club.

I get my football fix largely from MLS these days. Quality's obviously not great, but it's not a pretentious league either and the matches are generally entertaining. Refreshing to watch a league in which every single club's top priority is winning games. This whole "we want to be an average team and not challenge for silverware" bullshit just wouldn't fly. To put things into perspective, the league completely dissolved a club last season whose owner wasn't sufficiently pro-active in putting together the best club he could.

We'd be left with 3 clubs :lol:

Guest pont-toon

As a bairn I grew up in the shadow of sjp in the 70s. Was hooked as young as I remember even idolised the likes of Alan Shoulder and Peter Withe in the truly dark days. Once upon a time today's result would have fucked me up big style for days. Says it all that I'm not that arsed anymore - which is a sorry state of affairs. Will always proudly be a Magpie but Ashley and his cronies are killing the club. Fuck em.

Like all of us, my blood will always bleed black and white. St James' Park will always be the place my dad took me to my first match, and where I fell in love with the game. However, just as countries declare that 'they do not recognise' another state which has been subject of a coup-d'etat, I do not recognise Newcastle United. It is not a sporting club, but a shop window, where football is of tertiary importance after profit and giving prominence to red and blue livery.

If match-going supporters wish to continue paying money and giving support to Sports Direct Balance Sheet Inc, don't expect anything other than cheap imitation fakery of a football club. A Lonsdale trainer. It's about time this disease of apathy translated into action against the person who has stolen our identity. I don't care who is or will be the manager, I don't care who leaves or signs, and I don't care whether we are relegated or 'fight' for 10th place. It's not my football club.

Get angry or walk away...the ultimate treason would be apathetic acceptance.

Well said.

For me the main thing is that it isn't just the football club, he's taking a giant dump on our fine city by proxy too.