AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Just read the Guardian blog that went out before the derby, which basically summed up the whole Ashley era, and much more besides. Conclusion: you have got to be completely deluded if you think there's anything that can be done to get Ashley out. The moment he decided that NUFC was going to be run as a business rather than his hobby, that was when our fate was sealed.

You can't shame him out, you can't buy him out, you can't protest him out, you can't do anything to him that he has not already shown himself more than capable of dealing with by simply ignoring any and all criticism. He straight up flat out does not give a monkey's left testicle what happens at the club, as long as it is ticking over in mid-table, or at the very least remaining in the PL. He doesn't care what the council thinks, he doesn't care what the government thinks, he probably doesn't even open letters from the FA, who lets face it aren't about to bust a gut to stop a club being 'well run' anyway. If you don't have a court order, you're not going to make him do a damn thing he doesn't want to do.

The media already know full well we are sick of him, but since nothing he does in his business requires the media to be on his side, that's neither here nor there. He is very clearly waiting for the new TV deal income to bed in and make the finances look even better than they already do, at which point he may be considering putting it up for sale. Or he may not. He will be wanting his entire loan paid off by any potential buyer, which means someone is going to be paying a hell of a lot upfront for the TV income, which is as always, at risk of the club being relegated. So that pretty much excludes any sensible businessman. And I think with FFP and through general bad experiences of the likes of Randy Lerner, the days of other millionaires or billionaires just buying a club to live the dream, are well and truly over. It can't be a good omen that Lerner can't seemingly give Villa away.

The only plausible action is a permanent and unrelenting mass boycott of matchdays. Not for part of a match or the first game, but for as long as it takes. If Ashley Out is to have any purpose, it must be to focus solely on that one goal - persuading as many fans that it is in their own long term interest if they want Ashley out, to have SJP's stands completely empty, to have highly paid footballers running around with Wonga on their shirts in a stadium completely devoid of atmosphere, simply to fulfill their obligations to the TV companies, regardless of the effect on our league position.

Such a boycott could only succeed if it was given loud public backing from the FSF, the Chronicle, public figures and MPs/councillors - a couple of hundred hardcore net nerds handing out flyers isn't going to cut it - believe it or not, you are largely invisible to the wider fan base. But I see no issue with that, they have nothing to lose and indeed would gain public admiration. The aim of the boycott wouldn't be to cripple the finances so much that a sale becomes necessary, it would be to pressure the PL and the broadcasters to force Ashley to sell as quickly as possible, lest the grubby dishonesty of their entire business model be exposed through the campaign gaining international media attention.

But of course it's a complete fantasy to even think this is remotely possible - for two reasons. One, it's a complete pipe dream to think you could ever reach the point where the stadium is empty - even if the assumption that more than half the fans want Ashley out is correct (which it arguably isn't), you still likely wouldn't be able to overcome the 'support the team, not Ashley' mindset in the remainder. And two, even if it happened, the PL and the broadcasters have no leverage over Ashley to force him to sell. He holds the club's share, the club can't be voted out of the league while it's still fulfilling its fixtures, and he will sue the TV company and the league should they not stick to their contracts.

So there you have it. You demanded to know what my idea was, and that's my best advice. If you've got nowt better, then I better not hear anyone giving me s*** again about how I'm supposedly an Ashley supporter just because my chosen method of protest is to simply not go and not buy, and otherwise not want NUFC to be portrayed as a bunch of half-assed mugs because they can't organise a protest or even get rid of a bad manager without making him look good and without us ending up with someone even worse.

So surely that starts with one match? You're defeated before anything has happened. I see more stupidity in stepping foot inside the stadium this season during a protest than standing outside with the rest of the fans trying to make a difference. Whether it works or not who knows but surely if the ground was as empty as AC Milan's then it shows a but of power from the supporters?

As for looking fickle I really couldn't give a shit what other fans think or say about us, they'll always have something derogatory to say. Man U used to love that other fans hated them as it meant they were successful.

I think it's naive to think he wouldn't find some way of using it to his advantage. Everyone saw the pictures of an empty san siro, the media coverage of sjp with no one inside it will be a lot more than if it was full. Perfect opportunity for some sports direct advertising. I agree we need to try and get rid of him, whether it will succeed is another question

I await Ashley vindictive response with bated breath.

This has probably confirmed the job for Carver :lol:

He'd be screwing himself over doing that, kinda guarantees relegation next season which you'd imagine would cost him a few quid.

I await Ashley vindictive response with bated breath.

This has probably confirmed the job for Carver :lol:

He'd be screwing himself over doing that, kinda guarantees relegation next season which you'd imagine would cost him a few quid.

I agree and I think all level headed football fans would agree. I do however, think that Ashley is daft (and vindictive) enough to go for the gamble though.

He is a petty man, used to getting his own way and vindictive if anything thwarts him.

When it comes to football he is also a stupid man. Eight years he's been here and he hasn't learnt a thing judging by his failure to secure Remi Garde. All he had to do was employ a manager that gelled with the recruitment policy and favoured attacking football. The majority in the stadium would have been content with that. He could have sat in the background and skimmed to his hearts content if the football was good.

Hope this campaign ultimately has some positive effect.

Wish this campaign the very best - will do whatever I can to help and support.

Unfortunately, they face an uphill struggle like with the previous campaign because of a lot of our 'general' fans. It's no wonder Ashley picked us.

seen a few media articles, seems to be a swell for support against Ashley ... good news, but I fear, he will address this in the summer, new manager (with the lower expectations a lot of us have now) and a few new players (and a few more big earners leaving) and the situation will be back to normal for next season ...

Guest alijmitchell

I'm all for it (and surprised at anyone who isn't). A few things on it that need to be said I think.

The guys may not have a 'viable plan' for getting rid of Ashley, (whatever that means), but they are successfully creating a hub for an alternative narrative to be heard, and a community to foster. Living in Scotland, one of conclusions the Yes campaign had around the referendum was the need to create a new voice and a new media that supported the independence movement, since they believed very few establishment papers and media outlets allowed a balanced view.

Now without getting into the referendum too much ask yourself this - where do people find facts about Ashley's dealings in NUFC. The Chronicle? The Journal? Talksport? The BBC? The Mag? You've got here, you've got a couple columnists, but little else since the media are either running scared, or banned. How many times have we said - "why doesn't the chronicle do some investigative journalism on the club"?

So yeah, I hope these guys look to bring more people in, to encourage a community of people who are fed up with the regime to protest, to write, to investigate, to do creative things (Civil unrest, fundraisers, parties, etc.) to encourage the dissilussioned fans who have left to join something.

Some other thoughts -

1. I think using this forum as a link to discuss plans would be good - as much as anonymity is good - there should be strength in numbers - we all have gifts we could bring to this.

2. Shine a light on Ashley's other business dealings - Zero hours contracts, perhaps some investigative work around Sports Direct, looking at practices (we know the shop is a disgrace, and there will be dirt)

3. The 'viable plan' - the end game - what is it? If this acts as a way of Ashley leaving - do we just say sell to another hawk who will ruin us, or as has happened before (an failed) do we as fans again try to engage with fan ownership. A wild thought might be a campaign for everyone who gives up their season ticket to donate that cash into an account - either a single, transparent credit union with accounts published, and a time limit for how long it sits - and if it doesn't work making sure everyone is reimbursed, or to work alongside the credit union to have small savings accounts for everyone set up to put the cost of season tickets into their own account and eventually pool it, should there ever be enough to buy, using fans money and other investors. Obviously that means convincing 52,000 people to give up and pay 500 quid, which is crazy, but even if enough gave up that money and used it for the campaign, then it could be a start for things to come.

Unfortunately, they face an uphill struggle like with the previous campaign because of a lot of our 'general' fans. It's no wonder Ashley picked us.

The ONLY way any campaign will work is if it can drum up the £300 Million it'd take to buy Ashley out, any campaign that cannot have that as it's aim is a waste of time. (and that's hardly realistic is it).

Delighted this is happening and can't believe some people don't think it will at least make the fat cunt skwirm

The fact is John fucking carver is about to become our manager full time, now is the time for something to be done

People citing a waste of time puzzle me. If nothing else it's an organised and united opportunity to vent some anger and the in the unlikely event it enacts some positive consequence then what's lost? Nothing to be gained from what's happening now.

The ONLY way any campaign will work is if it can drum up the £300 Million it'd take to buy Ashley out, any campaign that cannot have that as it's aim is a waste of time. (and that's hardly realistic is it).

Negativity is like a klaxon for you isn't it? You must sit in your 1 bed flat fapping over the 2008 property crash.

I've got an idea on how we can sort out this fickle bullshit: Why don't we fucking ask the posters on here who supports other clubs whether they think the SackPardew.com made us look fickle or not. I'm pretty sure Neil (an Everton fan) has already said he thought it was a good campaign. Can we have the opinions of brummie (Aston Villa), LEFE (Spurs), Village Idiot (Barcelona), Stray Mackem, hithere (Sunderland), 1878(Everton), George Constanza and wacko (both Liverpool) please?

Negativity is like a klaxon for you isn't it? You must sit in your 1 bed flat fapping over the 2008 property crash.

I'm actually sat in my study, and it's not negativity, it's reality.

The ONLY way to shift Ashley is to buy him out.

Guest alijmitchell

I'm actually sat in my study, and it's not negativity, it's reality.

The ONLY way to shift Ashley is to buy him out.

It's a fair point though - If the fanbase were to consider a buyout, then at the very least they would need 250,000,000 - and that amounts to roughly 5000 per every person sitting in the stands, which strikes me as unfeasible!

Yet, if things fans ever did coordinate a buyout, it would need to be professionally set up, (i.e. a charity/trust/foundation), money would need to be raised from talking to potential investors, coordinated fan donations, campaigns, investment strategies and (controversially) perhaps fans actively lowering the value of the club on the market (i.e. boycotting commercial revenue streams for the club, civil unrest etc.)

Its not like all of that is impossible, just a bug ask, and requires coordinated action.

I've got an idea on how we can sort out this fickle bullshit: Why don't we f***ing ask the posters on here who supports other clubs whether they think the SackPardew.com made us look fickle or not. I'm pretty sure Neil (an Everton fan) has already said he thought it was a good campaign. Can we have the opinions of brummie (Aston Villa), LEFE (Spurs), Village Idiot (Barcelona), Stray Mackem, hithere (Sunderland), 1878(Everton), George Constanza and wacko (both Liverpool) please?

Absolutely not, Sackpardew was a great campaign. It backed up its claims quite well and the slogans and actions were good and reasoned; it didn't came across as hysterical. Was the "we want a club that tries" banner part of it? I think it summed up the sentiment pretty well. The 5th place season was three years ago, followed by two pretty miserable seasons. People deserve to have fun watching football, the "know your place and don't complain" mentality in current football (extends to stuff like abusive ticket prices in spite of huge TV contracts) is poisonous It's always nice to see fans fighting against that.