AshleyOut.com

TK-421

He couldn't give a shit about fans not going to games. But constant media references to Sports Direct and their zero hour contracts, toxic brand, unethical redundancy processes, dodgy pre-pack administration and government enquiries into his business activity is not the news that SD shareholders will be happy to read about in the international press on a daily basis.

He can't risk damaging the Sports Direct brand, so that's his achilles heal. A determined and intelligent campaign by NUFC fans who have the support of mainstream media means we can talk about our frustrations with the management of the club, but more importantly can put the SD brand in constant focus for many negative reasons. And the media seem to have an appetite for this at the moment.

NUFC is a small part of his business operations but also the most visible and we have a genuine opportunity to become a really big thorn in his side.

Its a massive two fingers up to the fans when Carver gets the gig.

As a season ticket holder, Carver getting the job may be the last straw for me. If he's appointed full time then Ashley is asking to throw away his TV money by being relegated and with any luck lose half of his ST holders into the bargain.

So he's expanding SD out to Australia and New Zealand? Might explain that pre-season tour - wouldn't put it past him to keep the team going back there

From a Spurs fansite, glad it's getting the respect it deserves and we are no longer being sneered upon for being fickle:

Travelling Spurs fans are likely to be greeted by plenty of empty seats at St. James’ on Sunday.

“Fifteen or sixteen thousand” Newcastle fans could boycott this Sunday’s match at St. James’ Park, according to the chairman of the Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust Norman Watson.

SEE ALSO: Levy planning massive Spurs overhaul: Baldini to be sacked; 10 players to be sold

That could see 52k-seater St James’ reduced to around 35k – still around the same capacity as White Hart Lane!

The last Toon boycott against owner Mike Ashley attracted just 1,000 fans but Sunday’s movement is set to be considerably bigger, even if Spurs fans are unlikely to outnumber home supporters.

Newcastle fans on social media started calls to boycott the game, which is live on Sky Sports, following the defeat to Sunderland and they’ll also be protests staged near the ground both before and after the match.

Travelling Spurs fans could therefore find themselves in the unusual position of seeing a huge number of empty seats at the normally raucous St. James’.

Anything that gives Tottenham an advantage, regardless of how slim, is fine with me and it’d be great to hear our travelling support, which rarely needs any encouragement to sing, easily make themselves heard above the usually vocal Geordies.

That said, I have a huge amount of sympathy for Newcastle fans, whose once great club has been left to simply exist under Ashley’s management. Good on them and I hope the boycott is a success.

Second time I've heard someone mention that, what was the last Ashley boycott??

He couldn't give a s*** about fans not going to games. But constant media references to Sports Direct and their zero hour contracts, toxic brand, unethical redundancy processes, dodgy pre-pack administration and government enquiries into his business activity is not the news that SD shareholders will be happy to read about in the international press on a daily basis.

He can't risk damaging the Sports Direct brand, so that's his achilles heal. A determined and intelligent campaign by NUFC fans who have the support of mainstream media means we can talk about our frustrations with the management of the club, but more importantly can put the SD brand in constant focus for many negative reasons. And the media seem to have an appetite for this at the moment.

NUFC is a small part of his business operations but also the most visible and we have a genuine opportunity to become a really big thorn in his side.

Very true.

I'm weighing up possible scenarios regarding how this campaign could go. And how Ashley may react to a smack in the gob, effectively. Because I'm certain he's a vindictive c***.

I can recall Saddam Husseins troops setting oil wells on fire as they retreated through Kuwait I should imagine Ashley's retreat would be similar to that. He's gonna do us up the arse isn't he? But if that's what it takes then so be it.

You're assuming that he hates you as much as you hate him.

A fair assumption I would say.

An ego-centric assumption, I'd say.

Oh well, here goes.

To be honest, the boycott all feels a bit naive. Similar to the Sack Pardew campaign - a howl of anger rather than anything constructive.

We'll soon be appointing a permanent manager, and I'm wondering what any half-decent candidate is going to make of the club. Despite the campaigners' opinion of his ability, Pardew's standing in the game was reasonably good and will only have been enhanced by events at Palace. Candidates will have seen the guy driven out by supporters and may well think twice about putting themselves in the same position.

Similarly any waverers are going to be concerned about harnessing themselves to an owner who is subject to a similar campaign.

So altogether, I expect that - as with the results of the Pardew campaign - we'll end up in a worse position.

Ashley had always had a piggybank attitude to spending money, and he's now got the club in a position where there's some surplus cash to spend. Personally, I'd like to see what he's prepared to do this summer.

People will say that we're reached the same position before, but the situation now is a bit different, and will be an acid test of whether he's prepared to spend on the team or try to recoup his previous investment.

:lol: Summer is the real test imo

#wait

Guest neesy111

They'll have to spend money in the summer, or we'll go down. I look forward to basic investment in the squad being heralded as Ashley turning over a new leaf.

Just like the previous summer, bare minimum will be done.

They'll have to spend money in the summer, or we'll go down. I look forward to basic investment in the squad being heralded as Ashley turning over a new leaf.

No doubt with player sales funding all incomings, with more going out than coming in. Then we can hear about how Ashley spent so much in the summer.

Probably being picky here,  but 'no investment' in 8 years isn't really true.

F*ck it :lol:

If the campaign is to be taken seriously, at least get the facts right :lol: no spelling mistakes is a start at least.

Guest chopey

Just look at Leeds no investment there and where are they now ? .....................that's right still in fucking Leeds

He couldn't give a shit about fans not going to games.

Agree with a lot of what you say after this but not this.  We don't know either way because it's never been tried.  And it won't reflect well on his brand if the stadium becomes a ghost town.  Hence the reason he's always lowering prices to get people in the ground.  We should do the other stuff you mention, but not going to SJP is part of it.

Would be funny (in a shoot-me-in-the-face kinda way) if he decided to spend £100M (:lol:) and gave it to Carver  :cheesy:

Not that Carver would have any say in it though, but anyways...

Love how they've renamed the manager position to head coach too, to show that his responsibilities stops at telling players where to run.