Your first game

La Parka

When Keegan was in charge first time around it really was all I could think about. Used to be one of the first in, lose my voice usually then one of the last out. Now I can't be arsed.

going to the match was fkin great then wasnt it, every match was a real event, what a wank pile it is now.

When Keegan was in charge first time around it really was all I could think about. Used to be one of the first in, lose my voice usually then one of the last out. Now I can't be arsed.

going to the match was fkin great then wasnt it, every match was a real event, what a w*** pile it is now.

Used to buy everything I could get my hands on - The Mag, other fanzines, The Pink, Chronicle etc. It was class being a supporter then.

Barça - Sevilla in 1989, Cruyff's second season. Quite an infamous game it became. We were winning 3-1, until the ref gave Sevilla a penalty for a foul outside the box. They scored it, we crumbled, and ended up winning 3-4. The Camp Nou was incensed, I had never seen my dad uttering so much profanity :lol:

Jan 1995 v Blackburn in the FA Cup 3rd round, got tickets for my birthday, had only really been to see my local team Airdrie up till then ( first airdrie game was when I was 1) so it was like a different world walking in to St James park.

Rob lee scored to equalise to take the game to a replay which we went on to win 2-1 I think

My Dad took me to my first game v Grimsby at home some time in the early/mid 80s.

Don't remember the score but remember the crowd singing 'Captain Birdseye' at the Grimsby fans and having a bovril at half time. Also seem to remember some kind of digitised scoreboard at the ground.

I'm pretty sure we were standing too.

Juve friendly, Hamman scored a belter. I think my first proper match was Arsenal, last game of the season in 2000. Only remember it because I've still got the program with Bobby on it somewhere, apparently we won 4-2, news to me. :lol:

We did, if I remember rightly Alex Manninger was in goal for them and played awful. Only memory I have of that match if true.

That was my first ever time at SJP.

Only memories are that it was gloriously sunny and going to the Old George with my dad beforehand. Didn't know a single thing about the match until I checked Wikipedia earlier. :lol:

Juve friendly, Hamman scored a belter. I think my first proper match was Arsenal, last game of the season in 2000. Only remember it because I've still got the program with Bobby on it somewhere, apparently we won 4-2, news to me. :lol:

We did, if I remember rightly Alex Manninger was in goal for them and played awful. Only memory I have of that match if true.

That was my first ever time at SJP.

Only memories are that it was gloriously sunny and going to the Old George with my dad beforehand. Didn't know a single thing about the match until I checked Wikipedia earlier. :lol:

I was at that one too. I seem to remember Del Piero got a standing ovation but it's equally possible I imagined that.

Guest antz1uk

v man utd, 1984 i think it was, we won 2-1 im sure, neil mcdonald scored and norman wisdom was there in the old cow shed

Posted it before I think but still got the ticket stub.

1931013_34702360869_8196_n.jpg?oh=90ab758dd35cc4731d0ca17edd72f0db&oe=55E3137F

Was the day Mrs Milburn officially opened the Milburn Stand, think this was the last ever game it was referred to as the West Stand.

Guest antz1uk

0-0 thriller against Charlton in 1998.

Couldn't tell you anything about it.

remember that, was it the first game of the season after they'd just been promoted, awful match

Newcastle 1-1 Blackburn (lost on pens) in the Worthington Cup, November '98. Shearer scored a header before Tim Sherwood equalised for Rovers. Slightly infamous for the fact Shearer missed a penalty, just prior to Blackburn going up the other end and missing one themselves.

Will never forget it.

Fulham was my first home game.

Shit game. We went 1-0 up, Scott Parker header.

They scored two scabby late goals and we lost 2-1.

Aids.

I was at the second 4-3 at Anfield too. We were 3-0 down, somehow came back then Fowler scored.

Also aids.

Norwich at home 3-0, April 8th 1995. 5 years old. Always remember the date because it was my mate's birthday, I got changed at his party to go to the match (was wearing the white change shorts with the blue star top). Was so excited and Beardsley, my favourite player got 2 (Kitson the other). Sunny day and I was sat in the corner, have snapshots in my head. I was also dead happy that they were wearing the blue star as I didn't like it when they wore the McEwans one.