Newcastle United 1 - 1 West Brom - 09/05/15 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Dave

Krul played well.

Colo played well and wasn't nervous due to "hot potato" Mike missing from the back.

Cap doffed to dummet, impressive comeback.

Anita and Jonas played well tbh.

Raylor and Colback were what they are: mediocre

Sissoko put in a half decent shift but still not near best

Cabella was decent

Riviere is a waste of time

Perez tried too hard and lost the ball trying to take on that extra player too many times. still love him tho'

Poor performance against a very average team clearly on their holidays (yet still had the better opportunities). What the ginger mackem t*** and Taylor offer to that team apart from giving free kicks away, hopeless free kicks and corners and passing the ball sideways or backwards I don't know. I thought in the main our defense was poor, as when West Brom could be bothered to actually want to attack they looked like scoring every single time. Up front Riviere is just total and absolute dross (even though some on here try and bull him up) - more than 6 million spent on a forward with a proven third rate strike recrd - bewildering. Hull might save them this year but the entire top level at the club should be immediately given their P45s - not happen but it certainly should.

Who? :lol:

Seems us not losing by two goals of more may have cost me a winnings of £15000 on a long as fuck 10 match bet. Even when we don't lose NUFC can still fuck up my day beyond repair. :anguish:

Guest ElCid

Krul played well.

Colo played well and wasn't nervous due to "hot potato" Mike missing from the back.

Cabella was decent

Perez tried too hard and lost the ball trying to take on that extra player too many times. still love him tho'

Poor performance against a very average team clearly on their holidays (yet still had the better opportunities). What the ginger mackem t*** and Taylor offer to that team apart from giving free kicks away, hopeless free kicks and corners and passing the ball sideways or backwards I don't know. I thought in the main our defense was poor, as when West Brom could be bothered to actually want to attack they looked like scoring every single time. Up front Riviere is just total and absolute dross (even though some on here try and bull him up) - more than 6 million spent on a forward with a proven third rate strike recrd - bewildering. Hull might save them this year but the entire top level at the club should be immediately given their P45s - not happen but it certainly should.

Have a look at some posts saying he wasn't to bad today in some of the games, there is even one on this page.

Krul played well.

Cabella was decent

Have a look at some posts saying he wasn't to bad today in some of the games, there is even one on this page.

He's definitely had games where his link-up play has been decent.  Utter shocker in front of goal throughout the season though.

I was one of those who hoped/expected him to get his head right and start scoring on a semi-consistent basis, but he looks nowhere near good enough and his recent appearances have shown a regression if anything.

Krul played well.

Cabella was decent

I wouldn't say 'wasn't too bad' is particularly bulling him up, but okay.

Guest ElCid

Krul played well.

Cabella was decent

He's definitely had games where his link-up play has been decent.  Utter shocker in front of goal throughout the season though.

I was one of those who hoped/expected him to get his head right and start scoring on a semi-consistent basis, but he looks nowhere near good enough and his recent appearances have shown a regression if anything.

I disagree about his link play, but to be fair he was bought as striker and that was never ever going to happen with his career record - totally shocking signing in every way.

Pretty pathetic that we are going to have to rely on Hull to continue to be crap. Going to be like that scene in Mike Bassett when they start a Luxembourg chant if we do somehow stay up.

Haha, love that  :lol:

Would deffo take that scenario now though.

In isolation Riv was absolutely fine today, I don't think I've seen anyone bull him up though, on here or IRL :lol:

He literally cannot score goals ergo he's fucking useless, nobody would disagree.

He wasn't like. Saying that Cisse was no better when he came on.

At this level, if you don't contribute goals or assists but play at that end of the pitch you have no chance.

Take 4m off a french side and run, unlikely though.

Actually though Colback did alreet today, first time in a long time I've thought that. His mate next to him may just be the worst player to ever play centre midfield in the PL this decade though.

Seems us not losing by two goals of more may have cost me a winnings of £15000 on a long as fuck 10 match bet. Even when we don't lose NUFC can still fuck up my day beyond repair. :anguish:

No matter how bad we are I think betting on a Pulis led West Brom to win by two or more goals away from home is pretty dumb :lol:

No matter how bad we are I think betting on a Pulis led West Brom to win by two or more goals away from home is pretty dumb :lol:

It was an absolute shit tip of a bet in general though, just fucking long-shots and -1 rapings. Didn't even bother to check how it had gone until now. :lol:

Jonas has come back from cancer and is probably our fittest player. Much respect to him. Much scorn on all the others.

What's the betting that Jonas is following his doctor's advice on fitness as part of his cancer recovery programme instead of our coaching team's ideas of fitness that probably involve sausage butties?

Fuck, what was the bet?

Leicester -1, Sunderland -1, Aston Villa, Mjøndalen, Rosenborg -2, Stabæk dnb (still playing, 0-0 at the moment), Dortmund -1, Barcelona -1, Real Madrid -1 (seemingly they're losing now, which is good for my soul) and West Bromwich -1.