Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham - SUPER SUNDAhaha - 24/5/15

Mike

Great atmosphere, some very good performances and a great win, yet we were still 2nd best and unable to get out of own half for long periods of the game.

I disagree, we looked more dominant across the game for large spells. Stats show that too. For all the possession West Ham had they did fuck all with it.

http://s21.postimg.org/flc5ii0fb/Results.png

Great atmosphere, some very good performances and a great win, yet we were still 2nd best and unable to get out of own half for long periods of the game.

I disagree, we looked more dominant across the game for large spells. Stats show that too. For all the possession West Ham had they did fuck all with it.

http://s21.postimg.org/flc5ii0fb/Results.png

You can prove anything with stats.

I'm sure the stats from last week would show we were all over QPR with loads of possession, shots, corners etc.

Meaningless most of the time, and I still maintain that we were 2nd best for long periods today and couldn't get out of our own half for long periods too.

Guest firetotheworks

Pet hate - people who use stats to prove everything.

Pet hate - people who completely disregard stats and say that they can be used to prove anything.

Over the past 5 years in the rare times we've played well it was even then rare that we'd dominate possession and dictate play (I remember a few very satisfying games against Stoke), even at our best we've been almost entirely a counter attacking team. Not necessarily a bad thing, when we beat Man U at home from Ba, Cabs free kick and a funny Phil Jones own goal we were mainly sitting deep and got the goals from breakaways. West Brom match where Ben Arfa ran the show that was mostly on the break.

It's natural from lacking speedy centre backs we've had to defend deep at home but it's also down to having coaches who simply don't understand possession football.