FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

12 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Been missing the 10am games tbf. What a glorious week that was.

Fuck yanks obv but a proper soccer and football sunday is immense. Just absolutely dead to anyone that loves me from like 7am until midnight. Just amazing.

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Been missing the 10am games tbf. What a glorious week that was.

As much as I whinged about the quality of some of the matches, aye, it's such a treat. 

Mind I'm thinking seriously about going to the next one. Some of the stadiums, particularly in the US, are just absolutely incredible. Would love to get to Atlanta's, for instance. Plus I've just never been to the States and would love to. 

20 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Where's decent to watch the game on Sunday in Newcastle? Watched the last two at Salt Market in North Shields but fancy town for this one. Preferably with nobody chucking beer about.

we were in Salt Market for the USA game, thought it was rubbish. good 45 minute queue for a pint and next to no atmosphere. they could have at least put some England songs on instead of blasting ITV's adverts.

it's the easiest job in the world making these venues decent for tournament football as well, yet only a few manage it. Wonder Bar or Mayfair in town though, to answer your question!

next door to Mayfair is that Hustle, desperate to get people in offering 2 pints for a fiver, but it was a ghost town and again no music, flags or anything. at least make a bit of effort ya nobs.

2 minutes ago, Big River said:

we were in Salt Market for the USA game, thought it was rubbish. good 45 minute queue for a pint and next to no atmosphere. they could have at least put some England songs on instead of blasting ITV's adverts.

it's the easiest job in the world making these venues decent for tournament football as well, yet only a few manage it. Wonder Bar or Mayfair in town though, to answer your question!

next door to Mayfair is that Hustle, desperate to get people in offering 2 pints for a fiver, but it was a ghost town and again no music, flags or anything. at least make a bit of effort ya nobs.

I went to that Hustle before Palace cup game other week. 2 pints for a fiver and we got 2 free shots. Great value.

On 28/11/2022 at 15:24, Geordie Ahmed said:

The enjoyment has shot further up after the last 2 games, sensational stuff 

And on and on it goes

Been superb 

Tomorrow unlikely to be as dramatic as today but should still be good

A few dodgy games but overall I'm loving this World Cup 

It started off really well until like Thursday, had 3 or 4 poorer days, lots bemoaning the lack of quality, but it's massively picked up again since the final group matches started, and some insane drama, especially tonight. Really enjoyed it overall. So many shocks and dramatic moments.

I wouldn't like to see it become a permanent fixture due to the carnage of the domestic league, and of course it won't, but I've actually surprisingly really enjoyed having it in November, and the lead up to Christmas.

Ghana vs Uruguay and Serbia vs Switzerland for me tomorrow, well certainly to start with anyway, and of course, neither are on the main TV channel - I feel like a proper hipster :evil5:

(if Bruno starts then I might be tempted to watch Brazil...)

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Apparently a bout of flu is going through the Netherlands squad and Frenkie is one of the ones being affected. That gives me a little bit more hope. 

There’s a flu going round Doha. No idea if corona, but I have a cold that won’t let go and I think everyone I know have had it as well this week. Pretty sure some random jormans passed it on to me as there was a fucking coughing choir on the bus journey from the stadium the other day from them.

52 minutes ago, Flip said:

There’s a flu going round Doha. No idea if corona, but I have a cold that won’t let go and I think everyone I know have had it as well this week. Pretty sure some random jormans passed it on to me as there was a fucking coughing choir on the bus journey from the stadium the other day from them.

Isn't that the new covid they can't detect?

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Every two years I think?

Ah right, not keen on that, especially as it would then result in a Euro's every 2 years

I love the WC and Euro's but every year would take that away, a lot of what makes the WC brilliant is the jeopardy of going out means you have so long to wait it might never happen again (for individual players)

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

2 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I don't think going to 48 would meaningfully decrease the quality. Lots of teams out there that are the same or similar in quality as the bottom-half teams in the tournament right now.

I don't necessarily have an issue with more teams

It's the groups of 3 that is shite, takes away what we've seen the past few days