Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Taking players out of their comfort zone sounds good until you consider he might ask Colo to mark someone. He'd be a disaster.

:lol:

Although I doubt very much he would do that in the senior team, sounds like he is focused on improvement rather than winning with the youth teams which is positive.

You cannot just send a manager out and then buy him back though whenever you want him, or at least you just wouldn't do it. If he comes to us then I imagine he'll be off City's list for replacing whoever he's meant to be replacing (unless he turns out to be absolutely fucking mega).

It seems like the whole point of 'grooming' a manager is that he's already there when you need him, and he's already fully up to date and in the loop.

Surely no matter how much they 'groom' him internally, they're not going to give him the top job when he's never managed at the top level before?  It wouldn't be a matter of demanding him back, if he turns out well there'll be a natural rise in expectation over the course of the season and he'll go there.

Although I think the same was said about O'Neill using the mackems as a stepping stone to the Man U job...

So those linking us with Keane just got the wrong Paddy?

Anyway, this approach if correct is showing us thinking outside the box for the first time in a bloody long time. Hopefully it shows were not prepared to sit still but push on, i doubt a man like Vieira would allow for anything but ambition. Interesting to see what comes of his interview from his side.

You cannot just send a manager out and then buy him back though whenever you want him, or at least you just wouldn't do it. If he comes to us then I imagine he'll be off City's list for replacing whoever he's meant to be replacing (unless he turns out to be absolutely fucking mega).

It seems like the whole point of 'grooming' a manager is that he's already there when you need him, and he's already fully up to date and in the loop.

Surely no matter how much they 'groom' him internally, they're not going to give him the top job when he's never managed at the top level before?  It wouldn't be a matter of demanding him back, if he turns out well there'll be a natural rise in expectation over the course of the season and he'll go there.

Although I think the same was said about O'Neill using the mackems as a stepping stone to the Man U job...

He would just step in as caretaker and then keep the job if he does well I would assume. Or they could have looked at Barcelona with Guardiola and Vilanova.

Anyway I'm just going by what Blueview said though "I can say that we are not that happy with the idea of PV leaving us... We see him as a potential replacement for any current manager we got" if that's the case and it applied to the Man City board I cannot see them wanting him to leave.

After years of drudgery from Pardew and Carver, who cares if it goes tits up, if we have a bit of excitement along the way. Unproven managers got to start somewhere. Would rather an upcoming potential managerial talent like PV  than boring journeysmen dross or desperados that we are likely to be foisted on us. As much as I would love to see this happen, I can't imagine him agreeing to work with the three amigos -our pathetic coaching team let alone receiving the necessary assurances from Chumley re signings that will be required.

How? Do you not speak English?

Might have something to do with the accent. I went back again, but it was getting a bit weird.

He knew, he knew. ;)

Why the morbid fascination with McClaren? A worn out never-has-been that has just been sacked from a Championship side that took an horrific nosedive in much the same way Carver did with us? So many alarm bells it's untrue.

Given the choice it would be PV 1000% at least there's an element of unknown and a decent chance he could turn out to be a good HC. With Schteeve we know what we're getting, more of the same shit.

McClaren would just be another sideways step, not the step forward we desperately need. Fuck that, fuck McClaren, fuck Ashley and Chumley!

Vieira would at the very least represent 'hope' to me.

Hope that he might turn out well. Hope that somebody would have the bollocks to stand up to the regime if he didn't like their ways. Hope that he might 'get' the club. Hope that he might play decent football. Hope that we could have some respect for the clubs most important representative again.

Steve McClaren does none of that imho.

I really really hope it's not him.