The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Imagine the players shock when they come back for pre season to find themselves being coached by a professional unit.

Immediate transfer requests from Steven Taylor and Rob Elliot.

http://chattypics.com/files/Babyworshiplawd_0fanycvyj1.gif

I'll wait until it's confirmed as always but it sounds encouraging IF it comes off. Always maintained that there's some talent in the squad and getting coached properly is the first step to turning this shit around. The players aren't thick, they know that being coached by morons at a club where being 'just good enough' is positively encouraged is a breeding ground for bad habits and complacency. Who knows, it may even switch a few back on and they could even, possibly look interested and motivated into trying to fulfil their potential? Imagine that... ???

Though he was Assistant Manager at Valencia to their Head Coach so he's definitely just being anal. :lol:

We don't really have that distinction in Spanish. It's all "entrenador".

:lol: There really isn't a difference in English either tbh. It's semantics.

I'll wait until it's confirmed as always but it sounds encouraging IF it comes off. Always maintained that there's some talent in the squad and getting coached properly is the first step to turning this shit around. The players aren't thick, they know that being coached by morons at a club where being 'just good enough' is positively encouraged is a breeding ground for bad habits and complacency. Who knows, it may even switch a few back on and they could even, possibly look interested and motivated into trying to fulfil their potential? Imagine that... ???

Approaching games with good information and tactical preparation is pretty much half the battle. 

Interesting bit about him not seeing himself as an assistant for long, two or three years at most. Natural Free successor to McClaren is probably the club's thinking.

Having read that article you posted where they speak to Cathro, I'm wondering whether part of him agreeing to come here is that if he sticks it out until McClaren goes, he gets the gig.

Even makes me think that the strange way they said "three-year deal, possibly rising to eight" about McClaren's contract is that they always had a young, progressive assistant in mind (Neville, Zenden, Cathro); they evaluate whether McClaren might move upstairs permanently to assist/replace Carr after the three years and if so, ready-made replacement who already knows the club, city, squad etc.

Of course, that all sounds far too organised and forward-planned for our bloody cowboy outfit :lol: