England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Pisses me off when people say "I could never dream of being England's all time leading goal scorer."

Bollocks. I've dreamt that...

All of my dreams and hopes revolve around Newcastle. England is a distraction most of the time, during the finals of the Euro's or World Cup it's more entertaining, but Newcastle are always ahead of them.

Wayne Rooney isn't fit to lick the boots of Gary Lineker? [emoji38]

As a footballer yes, as a striker,no.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wiki suggests Rooney's scored more goals than Lineker managed. Can't be that much difference if any at all in Lineker's favour.

We looked good second half. Congrats to Wayne for the landmark. Great play and finish from Kane. He may not be scoring for Spurs but he's involved in everything good for them this season, the goals will come.

Also happy for Sterling winning that penalty in the manner that he did. Far too many times do I hear this moral thing with England. How we have to be saints, and all that. Fuck that. Win at all costs. Nice to have a cunt in the team. Especially one who knows he's a cunt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wiki suggests Rooney's scored more goals than Lineker managed. Can't be that much difference if any at all in Lineker's favour.

Rooney also happens to have played in a club team that dominated the division for a massive part of his career tbf, Lineker most certainly did not.

i'm not on board with "fit to lace the boots" or anything mind, but if you'd put prime lineker in the manyoo teams rooney had played for he'd have scored a hatful

As a striker, you'd pick Gary Lineker ahead of Wayne Rooney 100% of the time. That isn't saying Rooney isn't the better player, he is.

For England, Rooney has scored 2 more in 22 more games. In all games Lineker scored 330 in just over 600 games, that goals per game ratio is far higher than Rooney.

All that means is that he's a better goalscorer, not a better striker and certainly not a better player.

What the fuck are you on about. Goalscoring is part of being a player.

Rooney's record is great and we'll done to him but he's never a better striker than Lineker, his England record changes nothing.

Edit: hold on you on about Rooney or Lineker?

50 goals for England is an excellent achievement, no doubt.

Just 6 goals in finals tells a slightly different story though.

Yep. Not sure why they're making it out to be a nigh-on unbeatable record, though.

If someone like Kane steps up and starts banging in two or three when we play the likes of Lithuania, San Marino etc as well as getting a few in tournaments, it'll be passed easily.

How many european players have over 50-60.. 70 goals at international level? David Villa managed 58. Klose is on 70 something. Cronaldo on 55. Rooney will top out closer to Klose than Villa. We will have to have some real success in the near future for someone like Kane to catch him.

50 goals for England is an excellent achievement, no doubt.

Just 6 goals in finals tells a slightly different story though.

Yep. Not sure why they're making it out to be a nigh-on unbeatable record, though.

If someone like Kane steps up and starts banging in two or three when we play the likes of Lithuania, San Marino etc as well as getting a few in tournaments, it'll be passed easily.

How many european players have over 50-60.. 70 goals at international level? David Villa managed 58. Klose is on 70 something. Cronaldo on 55. Rooney will top out closer to Klose than Villa. We will have to have some real success in the near future for someone like Kane to catch him.

Robbie Keane has 67