England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

A big problem with England is that all players just play in the same league, and has done all their lives. Not a single one has experience (except for Hart who has been away for a about a day and a half) of playing and being coached anywhere else.

Money, no league offers then same, except maybe the top Spanish teams or PSG. So why should they move on, their agents would be mad to shift their asset *cough client I mean.

A big problem with England is that all players just play in the same league, and has done all their lives. Not a single one has experience (except for Hart who has been away for a about a day and a half) of playing and being coached anywhere else.

Not many of them actually play in the PL and CL. That's the bigger problem.

Anyone under 25 and playing regularly in the PL gets a call-up - because there's so few. Few English players have 100 PL appearances by 24/25. CL appearances - 25 , few have em. A large number of the squad aren't first team cornerstones. Smalling, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Dier, Lingard, Rashford.

You maximise your potential by getting experience.

Guest Howaythetoon

Given vs Phillips was special like and I seem to remember Pav making an absolutely outrageous save for us in 93-94 - can't remember who it was against unfortunately.

England though... we have to accept that this side and these players together are a mid-table team basically.

We need to rethink how we see the game, how we operate the game and most importantly how we play the game because it isn't working and hasn't since '66 when we were last a major power.

Given vs Phillips was special like and I seem to remember Pav making an absolutely outrageous save for us in 93-94 - can't remember who it was against unfortunately.

England though... we have to accept that this side and these players together are a mid-table team basically.

We need to rethink how we see the game, how we operate the game and most importantly how we play the game because it isn't working and hasn't since '66 when we were last a major power.

Everton 94/5 from Limpar if it's the one I'm thinking.

Guest Howaythetoon

Everton 94/5 from Limpar if it's the one I'm thinking.

I can't remember what kind of shot it was, but he was going the wrong way then somehow went the right way before pushing the ball away maybe even for a corner. I'm sure the commentator mentioned Banks. Might have been BBC Newcastle Radio.