England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Dier.

I agree, fucking shite.

Looking forward to the mackem Yashin dropping a clanger and his International career ending like Rob Green and Scott Carson.

Correct squad

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Jack Butland (Stoke), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (all Tottenham), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Phil Jones (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea)

Midfielder: Jordan Henderson, (Liverpool), Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham), Jesse Lingard, Ashley Young (both Man Utd), Fabian Delph (Man City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea),

Forwards: Raheem Sterling (Man City), Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

I think not taking Shelvey or Wilshere is a huge mistake. I'd disagree if he took Wilshere over Shelvey but at least one creative influence in the middle would have been a sensible option. From a biased fan point of view i'd have Lascelles in over pretty much all of those centre backs but their really isn't much of a logical debate not to take Shelvey. Him and Vardy would have been an incredible combination and there's absolutely no one in the middle of that pitch that's going to be able to break down an organised team.

I think what's most worrying is how it was leaked Shelvey wasn't even in consideration. Surely there's something a miss when he's dominated games against top teams and isn't even being considered never mind picked.

Pleased to see Pope, Alexander-Arnold and Loftus-Cheek being included though.

I think not taking Shelvey or Wilshere is a huge mistake. I'd disagree if he took Wilshere over Shelvey but at least one creative influence in the middle would have been a sensible option. From a biased fan point of view i'd have Lascelles in over pretty much all of those centre backs but their really isn't much of a logical debate not to take Shelvey. Him and Vardy would have been an incredible combination and there's absolutely no one in the middle of that pitch that's going to be able to break down an organised team.

I think what's most worrying is how it was leaked Shelvey wasn't even in consideration. Surely there's something a miss when he's dominated games against top teams and isn't even being considered never mind picked.

Pleased to see Pope, Alexander-Arnold and Loftus-Cheek being included though.

They'll probably play a combined total of 3 minutes and that'll be it.