England

Yorkie

I'm all for moving the England games around the country, but why play in that shithole of a stadium ?

Getting the players used to the kind of facilities they'll have in Russia.

When you are up against opponents that consist of a team who have a 3rd division player and a one that can't get into a team in Scotland starting, anything less than a big win should be expected but international football is weird.

This formation really suits England.

Think you guys really have some great wing back options, and so it really opens up the pitch for the attacking midfielders playing off the front man.

Still a bit concerned about the central midfielders abilities to distribute the ball around consistently. Really think Shelvey and Wilshere should have gone with Henderson and Dier.

I

what are people's thoughts on phil jones?

:jones:

I think in this setup he should be okay.

I like that he drives forward at times, as he just did i that last bit of play.

Taking Henderson and Delph too long to figure out how to get the attacking players the ball. Way too much sideways and backward passes.

Such a shame, would have been so interesting to see what this team would have looked like with Shelvey in there. Oh well.

Taking Henderson and Delph too long to figure out how to get the attacking players the ball. Way too much sideways and backward passes.

Such a shame, would have been so interesting to see what this team would have looked like with Shelvey in there. Oh well.

The more I see of England playing this way the more I see Shelvey being the absolute perfect player for the system.

Exactly, Shelvey would be commanding this whole game. Such a stupid decision to not even have him in the squad.

The more I see of England playing this way the more I see Shelvey being the absolute perfect player for the system.

It's really unfortunate because I really like what Southgate has done with the rest of the team, and with sticking with this formation. He's just overlooked including a central midfielder to get the ball off the centre-backs and set the wing backs and attacking players on their way.

Even if you allow for Shelvey being left out, why Wilshere or even Drinkwater weren't included really is beyond me.