England

Yorkie

32 minutes ago, Paully said:

Get away man - not a chance for me!

Mind, I'd rather she got if it was between her and Eddie!

https://theathletic.com/3633894/2022/09/29/england-wiegman-southgate-world-cup/

Why not give it a go, she's a proven winner. There's only way to know if the players would respond to her.

And she definitely wouldn't play every game with two holding midfielders as well, which is a good start

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Why not give it a go, she's a proven winner. There's only way to know if the players would respond to her.

And she definitely wouldn't play every game with two holding midfielders as well, which is a good start

Hard drugs.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It probably will eventually but it would have to start out abroad I’d imagine.

I could definitely see a lass earning a name in the Scando leagues or summit.

Throwing a lass straight into the England job would do more damage than good for women in sport [emoji38]

Clermont Foot in France have had a couple of female managers.

35 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It's a nice idea, but it'll never happen. 

It'll definitely happen at some point like, but I think we're at least a decade away due to many reasons. There'd need to be a build up of female coaches in the men's game in lower leagues, they'd need to be successful at each of the different stages but I think it'll happen at some stage.

It would be worth it just to see the nation tear itself apart over it. The things is, aside from the vast differences between women and mens football, you’d essentially be replacing one manager who got to the euros final and lost on pens with one that got to the final and scraped the win in extra time. On paper it’s hardly like we would be replacing a complete failure with someone vastly better.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

It'll definitely happen at some point like, but I think we're at least a decade away due to many reasons. There'd need to be a build up of female coaches in the men's game in lower leagues, they'd need to be successful at each of the different stages but I think it'll happen at some stage.

I meant more the quality will never match that of the men's game. It's a pointless conversation really.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

I think we can distinguish between quality, the only real disparity is in physicality rather than quality. That and big game experience of course. Women/girl footballers can do everything their male counterparts can in terms of skill, technical ability, flair etc., but physically obviously can’t compete. It’s only going to get better the women’s game, who knows one day we may see a women managing a men’s team and mixed sex teams. 

Physicality is a massive part of quality though.

1 hour ago, LV said:

I’m sure Bruce could be tempted though. One of the most important English managers of the last 100 years. 

Not so sure.

Imagine telling him he couldn't go on holiday in the international breaks.

6 hours ago, LV said:

Wiegman :lol: :lol:

Not a chance. We aren’t there yet.

I’m sure Bruce could be tempted though. One of the most important English managers of the last 100 years. 

All joking aside, isn't it remarkable that Bruce is NEVER offered a top job.  But when he managed (ha) Newcastle his pundit fans and mates said he was doing a fantastic job.  Strange that isn't it?

14 hours ago, Rod said:

All joking aside, isn't it remarkable that Bruce is NEVER offered a top job.  But when he managed (ha) Newcastle his pundit fans and mates said he was doing a fantastic job.  Strange that isn't it?

Zzz

• 2 weeks later...

The groups in full

Group A: Spain, Scotland, Norway, Georgia, Cyprus

Group B: Netherlands, France, Republic of Ireland, Greece, Gibraltar

Group C: Italy, England, Ukraine, North Macedonia, Malta

Group D: Croatia, Wales, Armenia, Turkey, Latvia

Group E: Poland, Czech Rep, Albania, Faroe Islands, Moldova

Group F: Belgium, Austria, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Estonia

Group G: Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Lithuania

Group H: Denmark, Finland, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, Northern Ireland, San Marino

Group I: Switzerland. Israel, Romania, Kosovo, Belarus, Andorra

Group J: Portugal, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Liechtenstein

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is it top 2 who go through ?

There will be seven groups with five countries - and three groups with six teams in them. The four Nations League finalists - Croatia, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain - will go into the smaller groups.

The top two teams in each of the 10 groups qualify directly for Euro 2024.

Germany automatically qualify as hosts, while the remaining three teams will come via the Nations League play-offs.

The groups start on 23 March and end on 21 November 2023.