England

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

A very ‘meh’ and typical Southgate England ‘performance’.

Boring and uninspiring. 

Should have gone after the WC - I don’t even bother watching Eng anymore - waste of time

we have 2 genuine generational talents in Fodin and Bellingham.

FFS build a team around them, man.

and what the fuck was maguire doing running into his own teamate on their goal?

hate Southgate.

Edited by huss9

15 hours ago, La Parka said:

Agree. Gives kane shit for dropping deep - sets up the equalising goal ?

The key factor with Harry Kane is not where he's playing but whether you have runners ahead of him when he drops deep. Spurs did this mainly with Son.

Kane has incredible #10 skills, better than Sheringham was. He gave us a football lesson from #10 in that first Howe season. I seem to remember both their fullbacks scored in that game.

14 hours ago, huss9 said:

we have 2 genuine generational talents in Fodin and Bellingham.

FFS build a team around them, man.

and what the fuck was maguire doing running into his own teamate on their goal?

hate Southgate.

Add Saka to that, scary attacking players yet he has them playing timid dross.

On 10/09/2023 at 12:13, GEFAFWISP said:

Add Saka to that, scary attacking players yet he has them playing timid dross.

Potentially also Rice as future leadership material.

As well as, from those already at the top level Kane and Walker. It should be a pretty good mix.

England will qualify anyway at a snooze - it's watching them play the same way at the tournament which is what I'm not looking forward to.

On 10/09/2023 at 09:46, Stottie said:

The key factor with Harry Kane is not where he's playing but whether you have runners ahead of him when he drops deep. Spurs did this mainly with Son…

On 09/09/2023 at 17:47, leffe186 said:

If Kane is going to come deep or go wide then Bellingham and/or Maddison need to be a bit more aware and fill that gap. They don’t quite seem to be on the same wavelength.

Posted this at half time. It’s such a glaringly obvious issue with the way the team play that it feels like they haven’t even discussed it.

6 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Potentially also Rice as future leadership material.

As well as, from those already at the top level Kane and Walker. It should be a pretty good mix.

England will qualify anyway at a snooze - it's watching them play the same way at the tournament which is what I'm not looking forward to.

Yeah I've hated the last three, especially the one where we got to the final. Booooring! 

11 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

If we bin Southgate - who is the replacement? 

Reckon they might go for someone who already worked in the set up like Cooper or Carsley? 

It'll be some other generic FA bootlicker.

Carsley or Potter - who by that stage will be grateful for a job.

Waistcoat definitely needs binning, I mean wtf is he talking about when saying Pep says Foden can’t play centrally, er Mr Southgate it’s your team play Foden where you want, no need to bring Pep into the argument.

What a pool of talented players GS has at his disposal and he hasn’t got a clue how to  play them, it’s embarrassing.

Gareth Southgate has picked 102 available players into his squads.

Southgate has then played ninety of them (74 of them have made a second appearance), up until his 85th match in charge

Looking at the top of the list you can see clear favourites and his focus on Southgate FC.

28 of them have had 1 or 0 caps and maybe lip service to the press or ensuring the likes of Anderson have nailed their colours to the mast.

Screenshot_20230912-132321~2.png

Screenshot_20230912-132358~2.png