England

Yorkie

38 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What a load of pseudo-intellectual crap, I stopped reading after 342 paragraphs. Failing to see the nuance of criticising certain failings whilst also appreciating the progress made.

10 hours ago, Disco said:

Seems to have absolutely rattled all the worst people alive :thup: :lol: Top work from them.

As a Portuguese living in the beach I can relate to everything that is written in there.

[emoji38]

Just dont shit on the English breakfast. Its great! There is a coffee down my street run by an old british couple that serves breakfasts every morning. Love it!

Having read that article, I read this book either about Euro88 or featuring it heavily first, think it was specifically about the fans -  the English hooligans, the Danish rolligans and the ability of some to go home after the games where England fans were stuck there.

Was reminded of it earlier in the tournament and was going to get a copy but cannot for the life of me remember what it was called or find anything in searching that looks like it could that.

Anybody know?

18 hours ago, Danh1 said:

First decent side Wokegate has come up against tomorrow. Normally only ends one way. Let’s see if he can buck the trend. 

Don’t over-egg the pudding man. First really good side he’s come up against at the Euros. We’ve scraped past a couple of decent ones already.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Sven watching the match like The Captain watching the bridge in Good Bad and the Ugly has made me unironically change my tune. I hope you lot win.

We’ve had a few Man with No Name trilogy references in the last couple of days.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Kane could still be great for England with runners beyond him. He’s scored a ludicrous amount this season.

Playing him up top on his own with nobody getting past him and nobody stretching the play on the flanks is not going to work though - he’s too slow for that

IMO harsh to blame the player for what are tactical errors made repeatedly.

The next iteration of this team should be quite exciting at least. 

I'm not sure who I would get in - the best English manager is Howe and I don't want him going anywhere. Potter maybe? Even that feels a little underwhelming. If we could get someone like Klopp even for a tournament that would be brilliant, as much as I find him annoying.

Whoever it is has to be able to nit together a cohesive attack from some fantastic players to choose from: Gordon, Saka, Palmer, Foden, Bellingham are all young and brilliant. Kane is clearly on the turn, but I think he has one more tournament in him as long as you get pace running off him which is something we lacked this tournament. 

I've made my feelings on Southgate clear, he's done a fantastic job sorting out the culture of the England setup and has overall done a good job to get the finishes we have in tournaments, but to go that next step we need someone more capable tactically. Sad he couldn't get it over the line, he's built a lot of the foundation for success but it's really time for a fresh start now. If he stays on now it'll turn toxic so quickly, it's already happened over the last month.

The pieces are there though for this group of players to continue challenging in the latter stages of tournaments for the next decade. I've come out of tonight obviously deflated but quite optimistic for the future - as long as we get the managerial appointment right.

Edited by LiquidAK

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

I think they need to phase Kane out of the side.  Watkins offers much more.

I think you're being generous, I'd suggest he gets a goodbye appearance in a Wembley friendly soon and we move on ASAP. As long as he's available he's picked and whilst he'll always be good for a pen and the odd goal, it hurts us so much for most of the time he's on.

It's like watching 2005/06 Shearer.