Palmer - 1

Bellingham - 1

Foden 007 - nothing. 

Are you going to kill Foden? I have the impression that if you could you would 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Please join man united please join man united please join man united 

Ten Haag just signed a new contract

Potter favourite for the england job

He's turned down plenty this last year hasn't he. Hopefully they get it done quickly

the FA have been going on about how the national team manager job is more than just a coach. its also a   figurehead for team england and the fa. 

think they need to rethink that as thats too much.

the manager needs to focus on the team and the squad and not have to worry about representing the FA.

Edited by huss9

He's done a great job overall and history will be kinder to him than the present day has been. I'm grateful to him for helping me fall back in love with the England team and I'm gutted he couldn't quite get us over the line. Undoubtedly has his limitations but he's put the foundations in place for future success. 

Wish him all the best for the future.

He is someone who represented England in a way I had always wanted someone to represent the nation. He took a broken team post Iceland and post Big Sam and he built a culture and an atmosphere that I've never seen before, there were no more petty club rivalries or squabbles, the players actually wanted to be their and weren't daunted by the challenge of putting on the shirt.

He treated the job with the respect it deserves, he spoke out about social issues in football, in a very respectful but blunt way especially when it came to the effect of racism in football. 

While tactically he wasn't the best, he is undoubtedly the best England manager in my lifetime, and is a manager that I will always looked back on fondly.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

He is someone who represented England in a way I had always wanted someone to represent the nation. He took a broken team post Iceland and post Big Sam and he built a culture and an atmosphere that I've never seen before, there were no more petty club rivalries or squabbles, the players actually wanted to be their and weren't daunted by the challenge of putting on the shirt.

He treated the job with the respect it deserves, he spoke out about social issues in football, in a very respectful but blunt way especially when it came to the effect of racism in football. 

While tactically he wasn't the best, he is undoubtedly the best England manager in my lifetime, and is a manager that I will always looked back on fondly.

This, 100% As annoying as his tactics have been of late he rescued England from being a running joke and acted with dignity and class. I did often semi joke i wish he could be kept on behind the scenes for squad vibes etc and let someone bit better tactically do the actual game management stuff. But still people need to remember where England were when he took over. Hope the vitriol dies down and people remember that transformation.

On 16/06/2024 at 17:37, OpenC said:

Some things never change I guess. George Orwell in 1941:

"England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals
are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of 
standing to attention during ‘God save the King’ than of stealing from a poor box. All through the critical years many left-wingers were chipping away at English morale, trying to spread an outlook that was sometimes
squashily pacifist, sometimes violently pro-Russian, but always
anti-British."

They're singing a children's song from the best part of a hundred years ago and ultimately it's making the same point as, for example, Flower Of Scotland does and probably dozens of other national anthems do. Is it really causing any actual offence to anyone?

This is such a reach like :lol: