England

Nobody

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

[emoji38]

The FA, man.

Huh? It's a very sensible move, and it's something a lot of countries are doing these days and promoting from within.

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

[emoji38]

The FA, man.

Sensible choice for the interim. Think they’ve only a couple of pretty meaningless games until 2025. Whats the rush?

Fwiw I actually want Carsley to be appointed full time, using the Under 21's, under 18's etc as a proving ground to bed in coach's is something more national associations are starting to do, it's a completely different skillset to being an international manager then at club level, and by recruiting from within a lot of players would already be familiar with him, and what he wants and offers continuity.

It'd actually be very lined up thinking from the FA, Carsley has also done an exceptional job at the Under-21s and plays progressive and attacking football, it makes a lot of sense to me.

37 minutes ago, 54 said:

Fwiw I actually want Carsley to be appointed full time, using the Under 21's, under 18's etc as a proving ground to bed in coach's is something more national associations are starting to do, it's a completely different skillset to being an international manager then at club level, and by recruiting from within a lot of players would already be familiar with him, and what he wants and offers continuity.

It'd actually be very lined up thinking from the FA, Carsley has also done an exceptional job at the Under-21s and plays progressive and attacking football, it makes a lot of sense to me.

This.

Obviously I want them nowhere near EH so that maybe clouds my thinking but ultimately if they don’t give it to Carsley FT what’s the whole point in ST Georges Park etc.

Also I don’t think EH’s strengths are what are needed at international level. Not saying he wouldn’t do a decent job but you could equally find him looking as stubborn as Southgate in his selections once he gets sucked into the FA culture.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gbandit said:

No one

UEFA and smaller nations. It's still better than the friendlies that they've replaced. Still utterly ridiculous to have an international break 3 weeks into a new season. Most players that went far in the Euros hasn't even got going yet and it's already a big old round of internationals :lol 

As I’ve said before the season should be condensed and all of these breaks removed. Either play them all at the start or end of a season and shift the calendar. 

These games would generate far more interest if they were played in one period of time annually. 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

So when do we play? 

Is it this weekend and then midweek next. 

Ireland away on Saturday, Finland at home on Tuesday.

U21s play Northern Ireland away on Friday, Austria at home on Monday at Kenilworth Road.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Bet you those two have mentally stimulating conversations [emoji38]

“This new fella’s bobbins, ar kid. Says we’re not starting, shall we do one lad?” 
“Too right. Let’s go doughnut the ka int t’ ka park!” 

IMG_9322.gif.b77f804914f0349bbc6ce26df6ee4379.gif

On 03/09/2024 at 21:32, Ben said:

Who actually wants these fixtures?

I do, they’re a million times better than the pointless international friendlies that used to fill the fixtures in the International Calender that’s been taken over by the Nations League. For people from nations that aren’t a part of the «always qualify for all the tournaments regardless» crowd, the fact doing well in the Nations League can lead to qualifying for a proper International tournament is massive.

26 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I do, they’re a million times better than the pointless international friendlies that used to fill the fixtures in the International Calender that’s been taken over by the Nations League. For people from nations that aren’t a part of the «always qualify for all the tournaments regardless» crowd, the fact doing well in the Nations League can lead to qualifying for a proper International tournament is massive.

Not at this stage of the season though.