England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Why did ITV keep training the camera on Southgate when they scored/missed? Is there a genuine chance he'll get the job full time? :lol:

I think he's nailed on tbh. Clean cut, no skeletons, boring as fuck. He ticks every one of their boxes now.

They can't afford to take a risk for fear of people screaming reform if the new guy turns out to be a bit dodge.

Is it normal that English football fans are so 'meh' towards their national team nowadays? Can any of the forruns in here shed any light on it [emoji38]

Considering they never really do anything to make the fans proud of their efforts, I'd say it is very normal

Why did ITV keep training the camera on Southgate when they scored/missed? Is there a genuine chance he'll get the job full time? :lol:

I think he's nailed on tbh. Clean cut, no skeletons, boring as f***. He ticks every one of their boxes now.

They can't afford to take a risk for fear of people screaming reform if the new guy turns out to be a bit dodge.

Think he'll get it too.

Is it normal that English football fans are so 'meh' towards their national team nowadays? Can any of the forruns in here shed any light on it [emoji38]

Considering they never really do anything to make the fans proud of their efforts, I'd say it is very normal

Yeah, but when NUFC win i am happy about it. England win and i really am not that arsed, i cant explain why. Yes half the England team are not very likeable, but that has always been the case.

I couldn't handle losing to them lot over the border, I'll never hear the end of it but on current form I think they'll win or at least get a draw out of us.

On current form? I'd guess England have won more games than Scotland in the last year like

I think he's nailed on tbh. Clean cut, no skeletons, boring as fuck. He ticks every one of their boxes now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-manager-gareth-southgate-caught-9002330

:laugh:

Is it normal that English football fans are so 'meh' towards their national team nowadays? Can any of the forruns in here shed any light on it :lol:

English fans do seem unnecessarily jaded, tbh. They have a world class league at their doorstep, great investment, and a team that is generally successful with numerous recognisable names and personalities, yet it seems everyone is dismissive and apathetic. My own team is a shambles with a notoriously corrupt FA that now claims poverty to the point that it cannot afford to fly the team to match locations, never mind pay bonuses, etc. Despite this, I will be vociferously supporting them tomorrow. :lol: The difference may just be cultural.

From my point of view, England is just a "w*** off London" and similar to any normal club rather than a country. I never have and never will feel passionate over them and I can't find a genuine reason why. I enjoy watching the major tournaments but I found myself sat tonight laughing and the longer the match was 0-0 the more I enjoyed it so the media might get out of their arses.

Pretty selfish and cuntish view but that's how I genuinely feel. Maybe I am just a prick  :lol: but seriously the commentator tonight saying comments such as "oh there's Joe Hart" and "a shot from Malta". Fuck off you patronising pricks. Ripping into a tiny nation for having a go and playing well for their standards.

Not one member of my friends or family feel a big connection or love for England national team. So maybe it's just because I've been brought up to love Newcastle and that's it.

It is odd, i feel like a should care more, but really cannot explain why i don't. Maybe we have the culture of loving to see rich people/footballers fail so we can give them s***, our media cannot wait to find dirt on England players, rather than getting behind them.

Nigeria win things.

what annoyed me about today was how our players don't make themselves available. There were so many instances where the players just didn't expect the ball when it was passed to them and they'd have to run an extra yard to retrieve it. There seems to be very little chemistry between the players. Rooney also tries to do way too much.  Instead of keeping it simple, he wants to start an attack straight away. He's good at breaking things up in the midfield but then he takes an extra second on the ball slowing everything down.

Yeah, but when NUFC win i am happy about it. England win and i really am not that arsed, i cant explain why. Yes half the England team are not very likeable, but that has always been the case.

Do you care when it gets to tournaments?

Do you care when it gets to tournaments?

Yes, but not as much as i think i should. I got over it after about 10 minutes when they went out against Iceland and was only half watching the match while i did other things.