England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Need to get our forwards in front of a goal and practice f***ing shooting with some power...Seriously crap all game.

Seriously. You often hear about managers talking about how guys like Beckham, Ronaldo and Lampard would do extra shooting practice after training. You don't hear that about any of these players, though.

Confirmation bias. I know for a fact that Kane's been doing this for years.

Football's up and down, opening game of WC2014 where Holland smacked Spain to pieces and now were beaten to the Euros by Wales.

I don't know how things can be turned around quickly for England, but there's hope.. really small amount like, but a smidgen..

I honestly think its very simple, we don't produce players good enough to play at the highest level, and they're too full of themselves / focused on playing for their teams to cohere and play like a tight unit and act like the underdogs we are.

I honestly think its very simple, we don't produce players good enough to play at the highest level, and they're too full of themselves / focused on playing for their teams to cohere and play like a tight unit and act like the underdogs we are.

Why we don't is a pandora's box.

A big reason now is a lack of opportunity. Too much money and instant gratification in the PL at all levels.

Video games killed football for England, that and we play too many other physical games that we 'have' to be good at - Cricket, Rugby etc. If it's raining or cold outside, kids play on Playstations and Xboxes now. When I was a kid I was out on my village green every day playing football, sometimes for hours after school, even in the rain. Then I got a Nintendo.

Nicer weather on the continent and a harder life for most kids from working class backgrounds limits entertainment and often football is always available. This is why some of the most deprived cities and countries produce the best footballers in my opinion - lack of other opportunities or diversions.

The short-termism of Premier League is caused by the vast amounts of money. Teams down the bottom don't have time to blood youngsters, teams at the top only buy English players to meet homegrown rules (Rodwell, Sinclair, Moses etc) and those in the middle aspire to sneak 7th spot.

But you just don't see kids playing on cobbled streets anymore. Those that reach academy levels have everything gift-wrapped on a plate, there's no struggle for them. It all comes too easy.

English football is in a lot of trouble and I don't really see a realistic way in which it'll recover.

Video games killed football for England, that and we play too many other physical games that we 'have' to be good at - Cricket, Rugby etc. If it's raining or cold outside, kids play on Playstations and Xboxes now. When I was a kid I was out on my village green every day playing football, sometimes for hours after school, even in the rain. Then I got a Nintendo.

Nicer weather on the continent and a harder life for most kids from working class backgrounds limits entertainment and often football is always available. This is why some of the most deprived cities and countries produce the best footballers in my opinion - lack of other opportunities or diversions.

Not really sure how true this is to be honest but I hate the whole FIFA culture. There's so many kids who are more interested in a fucking video game version of football than they are the real thing.

Not really sure how true this is to be honest but I hate the whole FIFA culture. There's so many kids who are more interested in a fucking video game version of football than they are the real thing.

One of the problems is there's that many restrictions on blades of grass for kids that just want to go for a kick about with their mates nowadays.